US Politics 2016: Delay the Electoral College Vote?

Ser Scot A Ellison

4 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Senator Lindsey Graham is on CNN right now admitting his accounts were hacked into.  The contractor who provides the services was hacked, and through the contractor, his account.  He was advised by the FBI back in June.  Kept quiet about that, didn't he?

Why wouldn't he?

8 minutes ago, Swordfish said:

Why wouldn't he?

Because having the Russians hacking into the accounts of members of Senate and Congress is sort of an important fact that maybe the people of the US should know about, especially while one presidential candidate is telling the American people it's a fat guy sitting on his bed in New Jersey?

4 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Because having the Russians hacking into the accounts of members of Senate and Congress is sort of an important fact that maybe the people of the US should know about, especially while one presidential candidate is telling the American people it's a fat guy sitting on his bed in New Jersey?

Not necessarily no.  And in this case, I don't think that's necessarily his responsibility, even where disclosure to the american people is warranted.

Seems to me this would be up to the FBI to decide.  Or possibly the DoJ, or some other agency, depending on circumstances.

11 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

Nice try.

But nobody is buying the "libuuraaal media" bullshit you want to sell. You're not going to get that little blanky for comfort.

NBC: Clinton 99% chance of winning

If you had quoted a right wing media source, that would be more believable as they would be less willing to paint their own people as crazy.

You want to know why you didn't see Trump winning? its cause you think NBC isn't biased.

56 minutes ago, Swordfish said:

Why is this relevant? 

For one thing, it goes a long way towards explaining the election of Donald Trump, whose political career was founded on encouraging people not to accept that result.

43 minutes ago, Swordfish said:

Except my point was not to compare the level of acceptance of the two presidents.  So.......

... your point was actually...?

Or did you not really have a point? Were you scoring points rather than making one?

What does it matter whether media outlets looking for clicks post articles about technicalities of the electoral college process? Why is that important? It doesn't matter one whit how many people on the left accept or don't accept the result, or whether they grudgingly accept it, or whether they accept it in one sense of the word but not in another sense. Or maybe I'm wrong, maybe it does matter, because...?

36 minutes ago, Squab said:

Birthers would be the people not accepting the legitimacy of the president but are they still fighting the result from that election? 

By definition, yes.

I thought they were all pretty much gone anyway - I wouldn't be surprised if they hadn't disappeared but nobody pays them any attention.

One of them just got elected President.

It's kind of funny, but one thing that's kind of helped me come to acceptance regarding Trump's win is some reverse bias confirmation. Lately I've been deep-diving on some old Christopher Hitchens You Tubes, and that guy despised Hillary. Turns out for some pretty good reasons. I still don't think she would've been the worse option, but I sure as hell can understand why folks considered her so flawed.

1 minute ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

It's kind of funny, but one thing that's kind of helped me come to acceptance regarding Trump's win is some reverse bias confirmation. Lately I've been deep-diving on some old Christopher Hitchens You Tubes, and that guy despised Hillary. Turns out for some pretty good reasons. I still don't think she would've been the worse option, but I sure as hell can understand why folks considered her so flawed.

She should never have been the candidate.  Major blunder by the leadership of the democratic party.  And it just got worse from there.

1 minute ago, Squab said:

maybe not in your echo chamber.

Dude. There have been interviews of Trump campaign and RNC staff since the election. They did have Trump winning Michigan, but their projections always topped out at around 240 EVs for him. No one heavily involved with the election thought he was going to win.

2 minutes ago, Fez said:

Dude. There have been interviews of Trump campaign and RNC staff since the election. They did have Trump winning Michigan, but their projections always topped out at around 240 EVs for him. No one heavily involved with the election thought he was going to win.

So now its "nobody heavily involved with the campaign"? but earlier...

10 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Pffft. No one saw Trump winning.

I also doubt everyone heavily involved with the election thought he would lose. Such a broad statement covering everyone is likely to be wrong. you should probably backpedal from that one too.

I re-iterate: In that echo chamber, the only thing bigger than Clintons winning margin was the blind spot.

Also, im not a dude, dude.

I re-iterate: In that echo chamber, the only thing bigger than Clintons winning margin was the blind spot.

Also, im not a dude, dude.

So show us the echo chamber wherein Trump was being trumpeted as the likely winner, not a dude. By almost every metric, he was shown to have a narrow path to victory, and that more or less played out.

To go by his reaction both on election night and the visit he had with Obama at the White House, I think Trump was suprised by the outcome. 

Considering you will dismiss anyone not of the left even if they were right, here's someone probably on your side of the political divide:

http://michaelmoore.com/trumpwillwin/

No, I agree. That's a good example, but it's kind of solitary and it disproves your point. Moore is clearly part of the Left's echo chamber. 

The crux of this argument was about NBCs polling. NBC doesn't do predictions. They interviewed several people who do (including Sam Wang), giving Trump varying chances.

However NBCs national polling right before the election had Clinton +4. That's pretty similar to most of the other polling conducted at the same time, and is easily within the margin of error of the actual result (Clinton +2ish).

ETA: They also interviewed Michael Moore btw.

17 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

No, I agree. That's a good example, but it's kind of solitary and it disproves your point. Moore is clearly part of the Left's echo chamber. 

yet you ignored him and dismissed it because it didn't confirm your bias. That is what an echo chamber is. It more than proves my point. it shows that even when people you would usually agree with say something outside the narrative, it gets ignored.

Archived