Ranking Tarantino

Theda Baratheon

Heres the final scene from Four Rooms, which uses 4 different directors for four stories all set at a hotel on New Years Eve. Quentin writes, directs and acts in this one. (The fourth segment)

In the lead up to the scene, Quentin and guests, are trying to persuade the Bellhop (Tim Roth) to be the kleever man in a bet where a man has staked his pinky  he can get a lighter to light 10 consecutive times, the stakes are Quentins mint muscle car (or the guys pinky). Very underated comedy imo, I laughed all through this movie.

Muscle car or Pinky finger? 

12 hours ago, Let's Get Kraken said:

Oh I know, I actually have one of those double packs. But still, I do wish we could buy The Whole Bloody Affair on DVD/BR.

On a related note, I actually rewatched The Hateful Eight last night, with the ideas of revisionist history expressed in the previous two films and contemporary race relations in mind, as well as some of the comments in this thread, and I think I'm going to have to move it up on my list. I know the critics didn't love it as much as Django, but I think it is the better movie. Might have potential to be one of Tarantino's most brilliant, really.

But then again, if you're gonna compare a Hanzo sword Tarantino film, you compare it to every film that's ever been made... that wasn't made by Quentin Tarantino.

I definitely think it could be one od his best too and I hope after a few years when people have had a chance to reeatch it a few times and think about it more they'll enjoy it a bit more as well. 

• 1 year later...

Leonardo DiCaprio To Star In Quentin Tarantino’s New Movie

EXCLUSIVE: Leonardo DiCaprio has said yes to starring in Quentin Tarantino’s new movie, which will reteam the actor and director from 2012’s Django Unchained. The new film, Tarantino’s ninth as director, was scooped up by Sony and already has an August 9, 2019 release date. The deal is expected to close soon, and this will become DiCaprio’s first film since he won the Oscar for The Revenant.

1 hour ago, KiDisaster said:

Walton Goggins better play Manson is all I can say. 

He's got the right look. 

It’s really a no brainer especially with him being in Tarantino’s last two flicks. I’d be disappointed if he didn’t unless Manson is just going to be a bit part. Even still it should be Goggins!

3 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

I know I am in the minority... but Inglorious Basterds is among my least favorite Tarrantino flicks... to me it was gratuitous, and contrived... and i thought Brad Pitt was just awful... He played it like a cartoon character... 

You’re dead to me. 

This is good news.  Looking forward to the rest of the cast being announced, especially considering the names bandied about.

7 hours ago, KiDisaster said:

Walton Goggins better play Manson is all I can say. 

Excellent call.

4 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

and i thought Brad Pitt was just awful... He played it like a cartoon character... 

I thought that was kinda the point.

• 1 month later...

Quentin Tarantino Taps Brad Pitt To Join Leonardo DiCaprio In ‘Once Upon A Time In Hollywood’

Quentin Tarantino has set Brad Pitt to star with Leonardo DiCaprio in his upcoming film, and the filmmaker has chosen a title. Tarantino’s ninth film is Once Upon A Time In Hollywood. Pic is set for August 9, 2019 release worldwide. Per Sony, Tarantino describes the film as “a story that takes place in Los Angeles in 1969, at the height of hippy Hollywood. The two lead characters are Rick Dalton (Leonardo DiCaprio), former star of a western TV series, and his longtime stunt double Cliff Booth (Brad Pitt). Both are struggling to make it in a Hollywood they don’t recognize anymore. But Rick has a very famous next-door neighbor…Sharon Tate.”

Recently had the chance to watch the Kill Bills for the first time and as I suspected, these are way down the list for me.

1) Inglorious Basterds

2) Pulp Fiction

3) Django Unchained

4) The Hateful 8

5) The rest

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

EXCLUSIVE: Quentin Tarantino has rounded out his cast of Once Upon a Time in Hollywood with Spencer Garrett, Martin Kove, James Remar, Brenda Vaccaro, Nichole Galicia, Mike Moh, Craig Stark, Marco Rodriguez, Ramon Franco and Raul Cardona.

They play a variety of characters alongside stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt, Margot Robbie, Burt Reynolds, Kurt Russell, Timothy Olyphant, Damian Lewis, Dakota Fanning, Scoot McNairy and Al Pacino.

Once Upon a Time takes place in Los Angeles in 1969, at the height of hippie Hollywood. The two lead characters are Rick Dalton (DiCaprio), former star of a Western TV series, and his longtime stunt double Cliff Booth (Pitt). Both are struggling to make it in a Hollywood they don’t recognize anymore. But Rick has a very famous next-door neighbor: Sharon Tate (Robbie).

Archived