Is it possible Bran tried to kill himself?

Back in Black-Snow

I know this is from way out in left field, but I have been considering something, and wanted to see what you all think.

There are some who have speculated that Bran is the Night King. Let's just assume for a moment that he is. In the future (to us), when Bran realizes this, could he have intentionally caused Jaimie to push him from the high window in Winterfell... in an attempt to prevent himself from becoming the Night King. What was it Jaimie said, "The things I do for love"?

I don't believe this, but I have wondered if it was possible. What say you all?

I think that no matter how Bran fell, he was supposed to fall and have his legs broken to sit in a weirwood throne and for the fall/trauma itself to be the catalyst to open his third eye. If he wasn't pushed then, he would have fallen another way. I think history repeats itself, we learn from what was done in the past, but I don't think we are in a timeloop.

The more you try to change your destiny, the quicker it comes true. Cersei is another great example of the self-fulfilling prophecy danger.

Now, how long he sits in that particular throne is another story.

The only problem I see is that if future Bran did actually cause Jaime to push him, then it wouldn't be a suicide attempt because future Bran would know that he would not die. At best, he would intervene in order to start the process of Bran becoming a greenseer or the NK, but not that he would expect to have died.

But if we go down this path, then we can ascribe virtually everything that happens in the book as being cause by Bran, and that would make the whole story a lot less interesting.

1 hour ago, Travis said:

I agree with you. And I just realized I should have put this in the Show forum, since so far there is not a Night King in the books.

That is true. NK is a myth that was probably based on some reality, enough to start the myth, but also so changed over time we don't know how accurate each parts is in the telling. Especially if a northern tale is told by maesters.

Either way, Bran was gonna fall no matter what. He had to.

First we need to see if Bran can indeed manipulate the past, then we would have to see Bran's journey take a even worst turn and him hate the life that he is living in order for him to want to try to off himself in the beginning before any of this started happening.  I just don't see Bran being that upset about his situation.  

Now if Bran can manipulate the past, and his story takes that even worst turn and he is upset about being a cripple stuck in a hole at the end of the world.  Then I might could see him being discouraged and never wanting to have lived that life.  Although I do think Bran knows what he has is the power to change/save the world, and some of the people he loves. So no I don't ever see this happening.

Archived