Laptop crashing all the time

Angalin

I have about 3 minutes before this Dell Latitude E5450 locks up again, as it has been doing for several days since I installed Emsisoft anti-malware (uninstalled the next day and I checked to make sure there's nothing left of it on the system). 

I get this error every time: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Am running Windows 10 on a forced update from several months ago and have been having memory issues ever since too. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can diagnose what the fuck the problem is then fix it? Thankfully have important files backed up but I really really really need to get some actual work done on a functioning machine. Thank you in advance. 

Can you reinstall the operating system? This is pure guesswork but doesn't antivirus software mess with the operating system? Removing it then probably didn't restore the pre-installation state. This kind of crap is why I absolutely hate it when software installation requires admin privileges.

I've been off Windows for years now so I wouldn't know, but from a quick Google search, it seems to be a problem with the wrong virtual memory address, caused by installing either some new drivers or something like that. Even virus scanners are mentioned to cause this, which would fit with your case.

Here's a quick video on Youtube on how to fix it.

Hope this helps.

The error is vague, but the issue is that the hardware is failing in some way. There are a lot of things that could be wrong, but probably the best bet is to try and reinstall from scratch if you can. 

My bet is that the laptop itself is having hardware issues, likely memory ones, but it's hard to say without doing some diagnostics.

Archived