What is really the Dusky Woman's part?

Quellon

1 hour ago, ser plant said:

It allows him to vocalise his inner thoughts. It's like therapy, it allows him to get the thoughts off his chest and make a positive step to overcome his problem (the kinslayer is accursed in the eyes of gods and men). Jaime goes through the same thing in his sessions with Ilyn Payne.

I agree. Victarion rarely discusses his plans or exposes his doubts with subordinates or other characters. From another POV, he must appear to be a hard and stubborn man. If not dumb. When introducing a woman with whom he speaks in a therapeutic way (even if he isn't aware of the process), Martin gives a relief to that  monolithic character. It that would be the case, the dusky woman is a narrative resource.

Apart from this, did Vic refer to Moqorro in his talks with the dusky woman? There is still the possibility that, if so, the woman simply DOES NOT TRUST the sorcerer. Because she may care for Vic, against all odds, and somehow wants to protect him. I, in any case, would go for a more mundane explanation about it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/21/2016 at 0:40 PM, Lost Melnibonean said:

Nice use of text. 

On 12/21/2016 at 0:56 PM, King Merrett I Frey said:

Well, I remember that Moqorro's looks change after the first ship he was in sank. He looks fearful now, when accompanying Vic's crew. If the dusky woman is not westerosi but instead an essosi, a naathi or native from some obscure place, he could see Moqorro as an omen, a black magic sorcerer or whatevs and reacts accordingly. Doesn't actually mean that she's being controlled by Euron.

It is a lock? Nope...but it's a big damn clue in my opinion and frankly I think GRRM is relishing the reveal that Euron essentially had sex with his brother Vic. 

Archived