TTTNE v.467 - Lets do the Spamsmoot again! [Spamsmoot 2017]

HexMachina

50 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Remind me, please, why is the new week happy? 

*monday feelings*

I am not telling you it is, just wishing it were. I share your Monday feelings. My Saturday was a business trip too, so half of my weekend was stolen - unfair!

My Saturday was great, we went on a road trip with friends to visit other friends. But the work week is depressing. And my evening will be stolen because there's a team dinner. AS IF sitting in the same 16 square meters 40+ hours a week wasn't enough to "bond". Like seriously I spend more time around my coworkers than with my family and friends combined. Why the fuck am I expected to allocate MORE of my time to spend with these people (not that I dislike them or anything but there are other people I like a lot more and I can barely steal four hours a month to spend with them)? I'm always pissed about life on Mondays. 

46 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

At least my current work is not full-time ... but I get you, RB.

Today is surprisingly not deadly boring because at least there is stuff to do.

Full-time is a pretty sick thing, so enjoy your internship hours while they last. 

Glad to hear it's not boring. 

Monday is indeed Monday. I never thought I'd prefer working to school, but with exams coming up I'd definitely trade those for a few extra shifts (though that might be because of my handsome colleague).

Btw has anyone here watched Twin Peaks? My mother got me the show for my birthday and I'm really liking it so far, but nobody else I know has seen since it's like 25 years old.

8 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Monday is indeed Monday. I never thought I'd prefer working to school, but with exams coming up I'd definitely trade those for a few extra shifts (though that might be because of my handsome colleague).

Btw has anyone here watched Twin Peaks? My mother got me the show for my birthday and I'm really liking it so far, but nobody else I know has seen since it's like 25 years old.

Nope. A guy tried to make me watch it once, gave me a copy on DVD and all, it's still on the shelf somewhere but I never watched it. 

19 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Nope. A guy tried to make me watch it once, gave me a copy on DVD and all, it's still on the shelf somewhere but I never watched it. 

Give the pilot a try sometime. It's like a classic whodunnit except half the cast come across as if they randomly stumbled onto the set after escaping from a home for the mentally ill. Fantastic acting and music too.

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

Btw, @Buckwheat how are you liking the new phone? 

How do you think I post during the working hours? :leaving:

I bought a phone case a few days ago.

39 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

So do those people who work at a school have it best or worst at all?

Well, I had the worst start of the week because some stupid person called me by phone twice in the middle of the night and sent me messages in some language that uses Cyrillic alphabet. Perfect way to start the week, being woken up by that, right?

5 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Clearly the only way to start a Monday:

I approve :thumbsup: More music!

I dont think i could face the day without my headphones...

16 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

How do you think I post during the working hours? :leaving:

I bought a phone case a few days ago.

Well, I had the worst start of the week because some stupid person called me by phone twice in the middle of the night and sent me messages in some language that uses Cyrillic alphabet. Perfect way to start the week, being woken up by that, right?

Now you understand how i could be so speedy at times with Pictionary (description anyway). If i didnt post on the forum from my phone i wouldnt post at all. I only use my laptop for uni and job applications and checking email.

Thats a...peculiar start to the day.

I worked while at sixth form (college...16-18) and it was alright really. Its just a matter of balancing and organising your time.

I have worked at uni too but that often gets too much. Workload is heavier and by the time i do my work and reading for uni,and shifts at work...well there wasnt time for anything else.

Luckily i've saved enough now that i dont need to do that this year

20 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Now you understand how i could be so speedy at times with Pictionary (description anyway). If i didnt post on the forum from my phone i wouldnt post at all. I only use my laptop for uni and job applications and checking email.

Thats a...peculiar start to the day.

I worked while at sixth form (college...16-18) and it was alright really. Its just a matter of balancing and organising your time.

I have worked at uni too but that often gets too much. Workload is heavier and by the time i do my work and reading for uni,and shifts at work...well there wasnt time for anything else.

Luckily i've saved enough now that i dont need to do that this year

I notice I use the laptop less since I have this phone. I managed to install skype on it too, so I can talk to the family. I am not sure yet how I will do pictionary from now on. Paint is still on the laptop.

And I still type easier on a keyboard.

I actually meant teachers, who work at schools. :P But good to know you can only concentrate on studying this year. I am priviledged enough that I did not need to work while studying full-time, I started in the last year of uni when I did not have any lessons left, just the thesis to write.

Now I havea part-time (mostly unpaid) internship and the occassional proofreading work which I do from home.

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Depends on how bratty the kids are, I guess? :P 

Yeah that does sound like crap.

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I approve :thumbsup: More music!

I dont think i could face the day without my headphones...

Same. I got new ones for my birthday last week and they've been glued to my head since.

Archived