TTTNE v.467 - Lets do the Spamsmoot again! [Spamsmoot 2017]

HexMachina

41 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

What's here? I thought it was at least a teaser. I would certainly hope that it's in production, it's to air in December, isn't it? 

The start of their returning.

23 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

Hopefully he is the last Jedi and at last their pathetic order will be extinct.

What is dead may never die, but rises again harder and stronger.

2 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE!

I like that title, even though there's an Expanded Universe book with the same name it's one of the better-sounding SW titles.

Which reminds me, the other night I dreamt than Luke, Han and Leia were reunited. It's sad that that will never happen now.

Words don't even describe how pissed I am to depart for home at 22.46 on a weekday after spending three hours in an overpriced second class Italian restaurant listening to how drunk people got at past team building events. Why. Why. Why you waste my life like this? 

53 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Words don't even describe how pissed I am to depart for home at 22.46 on a weekday after spending three hours in an overpriced second class Italian restaurant listening to how drunk people got at past team building events. Why. Why. Why you waste my life like this? 

I would have contracted a mysterious illness on route to the restaurant or demanded to be paid for going/have the evening paid for. If my employer wants me to attend something like that they can pay for it themselves.

11 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I would have contracted a mysterious illness on route to the restaurant or demanded to be paid for going/have the evening paid for. If my employer wants me to attend something like that they can pay for it themselves.

11 hours ago, WaffleSausage said:

RB   if its a mandatory outing then you should be paid for such things.

These things are not mandatory on paper, but in practice you can't really say no when the manager tells you to pick a date from this and this option because they think it would be a good idea to have a team dinner. And the reason why they think so is to get to know the new colleagues (including me) better. There's not a chance I can say no to that or sell that I'm busy on both days. They would pick a third date. :dunno:

and yes I would kinda expect the company or the manager to pay for this. But the company isn't going to pay for something it didn't initiate. I'm kinda curious if people would just laugh or fire me if I demanded to be paid for the three hours I spent in that restaurant. Either way, my net salary for three hours is less than what I spent on the dinner anyways. Yeah. That's pretty funny if you think about it. 

Oh and I just ate my last Cadbury eclair. It lasted a pretty long time. 

2 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

These things are not mandatory on paper, but in practice you can't really say no when the manager tells you to pick a date from this and this option because they think it would be a good idea to have a team dinner. And the reason why they think so is to get to know the new colleagues (including me) better. There's not a chance I can say no to that or sell that I'm busy on both days. They would pick a third date. :dunno:

and yes I would kinda expect the company or the manager to pay for this. But the company isn't going to pay for something it didn't initiate. I'm kinda curious if people would just laugh or fire me if I demanded to be paid for the three hours I spent in that restaurant. Either way, my net salary for three hours is less than what I spent on the dinner anyways. Yeah. That's pretty funny if you think about it. 

Oh and I just ate my last Cadbury eclair. It lasted a pretty long time. 

I see. Well he couldn't have made you suffer any penalty for not attending. Outside work hours, not getting paid. I wouldn't have gone, but I'm just a crabby anti-social so-and-so :P 

17 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

But ... they did initiate it.

If I understand Rhae correctly it was the idea of one particular manager/supervisor, that they thought was a good idea for whatever reason. It's not something that came from "the powers that be" so it wasn't like an official company thing.

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I see. Well he couldn't have made you suffer any penalty for not attending. Outside work hours, not getting paid. I wouldn't have gone, but I'm just a crabby anti-social so-and-so :P 

If I understand Rhae correctly it was the idea of one particular manager/supervisor, that they thought was a good idea for whatever reason. It's not something that came from "the powers that be" so it wasn't like an official company thing.

Well, if I had seen any way to get out of it without coming across as an absolute jerk, I would have taken it. :/

and yes, that's right, it didn't come from "the power" and so they wouldn't pay for it. In an ideal world the manager would have paid the restaurant bill or we wouldn't have gone at all. But we are very far from that ideal world here. 

Archived