Survivor 34: "Game Changers" | RIP Dan Kay, Survivor: Gabon

Scrambled Aegon

I'd be okay if any of Andrea, Cirie, Sarah, Culpepper, or Sierra win.  I think they've all played well enough to earn it. 

Aubry probably has too, based on how she played her first season, but we just haven't seen it for whatever reason.

Feel like Michaela, Troyzan, and Tai are mainly just along for the ride in terms of strategy. 

9 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

I'd be okay if any of Andrea, Cirie, Sarah, Culpepper, or Sierra win.  I think they've all played well enough to earn it. 

Aubry probably has too, based on how she played her first season, but we just haven't seen it for whatever reason.

Feel like Michaela, Troyzan, and Tai are mainly just along for the ride in terms of strategy. 

I think Micheala is actually really strategic and if she can get a little momentum going she could go far. She is charismatic as hell, physical, and smart. Her problem is her emotions, she loses control too easily, then her charisma turns to anger and paranoia. She was voted out of her season because she showed her hand too early, people hadn't realized she was that smart until then, and then she was gone.

20 minutes ago, dbunting said:

I think Micheala is actually really strategic and if she can get a little momentum going she could go far. She is charismatic as hell, physical, and smart. Her problem is her emotions, she loses control too easily, then her charisma turns to anger and paranoia. She was voted out of her season because she showed her hand too early, people hadn't realized she was that smart until then, and then she was gone.

Yeah, I remember that from her season.  But this season, feel like she has mostly followed other people - especially Cirie in the last few episodes.

That might change next episode - I know they were hinting at something in the preview.  But as of right now, don't feel like she has done much to deserve the win.

1 hour ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Andrea is a good player and she's been shown to be in the mix, I'm just not feeling her this season. Culpepper and Sierra did well to keep a strong alliance earlier, but they've been bleeding numbers, so it wasn't that tight. They've both been shown reaching out and making connections so I could see how it could happen.

Michaela is in an interesting place where i think you're right that she's been more of a follower, but she's adapted. She was a leader last time and it got her blindsided. She's been listening and trying to moderate her behavior, so I'm fine with her too. Tai was way in the loop when Sandra got voted out and played his part. Troyzan seems to be in survival mode, but he's had to be.

I dunno, I think a strategic player is the most fun to watch and feels the most satisfying as a win, but there are so many facets to this game that I think anyone who manages to win deserves it. Yes, even V, Natalie White and Michelle from the season Aubrey should have won :P

Michaela made the mistake of playing back-to-back when she wasn't ready to do so.  I think in either JT's pre-game or post-game interview he said he was wary of Michaela because she spent the entire pre-game crying at Ponderosa and talking to the show therapist, which instantly put her on the outs and was why he was so quick to throw away his game to get rid of her.  

I like Aubry a lot but she's almost surely going to get idol'ed out with how little we've seen of her despite knowing she's a big strategic threat.  Andrea is almost surely gone the next time she doesn't win immunity and Cirie shortly after.  I think they definitely lost Sarah and Michaela by forcing the Zeke vote, and Brad and company are going to welcome them with open arms.  

Sarah is definitely sitting at the end, and I think Brad will be too.  He's been mentioned along with Sierra as running that alliance but has been immune from looking like a villain whereas Sierra and Debbie both looked like cocky jerks when they had the numbers.  Troy and Tai have been mostly invisible post-merge despite having three idols between them. 

If I had to guess for a Final Three I'd go Sarah, Brad and Michaela.  

I think next returning player season should be called "Big Personalities."   And then they should actually cast only Big Personalities.  All the people apart from Cirie are completely unknown and just boring in general.  I didn't watch last season so didn't know who Zeke or Michaela are.

Another episode where it seems like Micheala is ready to take charge and make a move but then backs off. I don't quite understand why she keeps holding back and not trusting her gut. 

Culpepper definitely saved his ass by winning, he was gone for sure.

At this point Tai is looking like a he will be seen as a goat in the end. He still has two idols to play and the only way I can see him swaying people to think he is worthy of winning will be to use them perfectly.

Sarah, she seems like she is being set up to be the winner. Have to wonder how Sierra is going to feel if she finds out Sarah plotted to get her out. Micheala may have gone Andrea if it wasn't for Sarah pushing it.

Troyzan, I forget again, why is he on this season? Game changer by fading into the back ground? Best camouflage imitation?

I think I now have someone i don't want to win, Andrea. No reason why, just don't.

I always wonder if they give the players a major monetary bonus if they cry as though they haven't seen their loved ones in decades.  That's the only explanation I can think of for the way they react.  It's been a month, even if that month had some stresses, it's only a month.  

I also still don't understand why this season was called game changers.  No one left is a game changer.  

1 hour ago, Dr. Pepper said:

I always wonder if they give the players a major monetary bonus if they cry as though they haven't seen their loved ones in decades.  That's the only explanation I can think of for the way they react.  It's been a month, even if that month had some stresses, it's only a month.  

I also still don't understand why this season was called game changers.  No one left is a game changer.  

Go through a month without eating while simultaneously living 24 hours in the dirt with people who want nothing more than to use and discard you and then see someone you care about. I would bawl like a baby. 

3 minutes ago, Howdyphillip said:

Go through a month without eating while simultaneously living 24 hours in the dirt with people who want nothing more than to use and discard you and then see someone you care about. I would bawl like a baby. 

Been there, done that.  Only it was months at a time and there weren't breaks for multiple pizza and beer parties or spa days or a fat paycheck or a specific date on which we'd be able to see or speak with someone we knew.

Perhaps I can't stand their bawling because my perspective is very different.    

It was quite delicious that Sierra, who had spent most of the game being smug about her power, essentially voted herself out.  

Besides that, The Sarah Show is just not really that entertaining.  I much preferred last seasons surprise Adam win edit.

They need a new rule: No getting up from your seat during Tribal Council.  Keep this wandering and whispering to camp only.  It's no good at Tribal.

That said, Sarah is totally getting the winner's edit, isn't she?

Why not vote Cirie?  She's the obvious player here, not Michaela.  Tai would have voted Cirie for sure.  That would have been three votes.  Brad probably would have done it, so four votes.  That would have been enough.  Everyone has made it clear that Michaela is someone to be sitting with at the end.

Well, we know one thing for absolute sure now after this season. The game itself is played with integrity. No one in their right mind would purposefully orchestrate this outcome. This might have been a great season if the boot order was flipped. 

6 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Why not vote Cirie?  She's the obvious player here, not Michaela.  Tai would have voted Cirie for sure.  That would have been three votes.  Brad probably would have done it, so four votes.  That would have been enough.  Everyone has made it clear that Michaela is someone to be sitting with at the end.

Cirie isn't going to win an immunity, Michaela is athletic enough to possibly run the table.

The real problem with this season:  Sarah is the star of it so far and she's so boring.  I find myself tuning her out and grabbing my phone when she's talking, and Survivor is the one show that I never read or internet during.  

11 minutes ago, ugh already said:

Cirie isn't going to win an immunity, Michaela is athletic enough to possibly run the table.

The real problem with this season:  Sarah is the star of it so far and she's so boring.  I find myself tuning her out and grabbing my phone when she's talking, and Survivor is the one show that I never read or internet during.  

Yeah, but Michaela also isn't going to get votes at final tribal while Cirie definitely would.  There are so many advantages out there, why risk it?

Agreed about Sarah being super boring.  All the rest of the players are pretty boring.  Not a single standout.  I root for Cirie just out of familiarity, but even she's not adding much to the entertainment factor.  

Yeah, MIcheala was a good one to sit next to in final tribal, her and Troyzan would be perfect for almost any other player.

Culpepper made sure to let Tai know it was Cirie and Aubrey who voted for him at the end.

I think Micheala sealed her fate with her actions at tribal where she was getting aggressive toward Troyzan.

I am also not a fan of the getting up and whispering. Tribal is the one place where if you have something to say you should have to broadcast it for all to hear.

If Cirie somehow survives the next vote she should win. Sarah has seemed like the winner for a few weeks now though. I think it's her accent or monotone voice that makes her seem boring. She is obviously smart, she knew that her advantage couldn't be taken by Cirie, and Cirie being as smart as she is should have read that. 

Brad was wrong though.  Cirie voted for Aubrey, not Tai.  Probably just in case an idol was played by Tai?  I mean, Sarah steals Tai's vote, it ought to be reasonable that Cirie thought Sarah was voting for Tai, who she suspects of having an idol.

Here's Michaela's view.

“Sarah told me to vote Tai. And that didn’t make sense to me because Sarah didn’t want to vote Tai the whole time. But the first person Sarah went to was Tai, and I believe Sarah told Tai to vote for me and he didn’t want to, which is why Sarah took Tai’s vote.”

My initial take on Sarah's move was that Cirie and Michaela needed to be split up since Cirie's first words to Sarah were 'I was gonna help you, ask Michaela, she knows'. While it does help corroborate Cirie's story, it shows how tight they are. And yes, while Michaela probably isn't going to win any popularity vote, she could immunity streak it. Cirie's no threat there. I see reasons for keeping and kicking either one of them. I don't really see one as better than the other except for the fact that perhaps Sarah is closer to Cirie than Michaela and would help her get farther. That move was a net positive for Sarah over Cirie in a final - Sarah came out on top and used it as a trust exercise that had no downside for Sarah, and really, we have fuck all idea what's really going down out there and the dynamics. Maybe Sarah thinks she has more friends on the jury than Cirie and isn't as scared of her as we think she should be.

Next week is what is interesting me so much. It's entirely possible that there is only one player eligible to receive votes. That would suck a lot, even though it might be exciting in the moment. Imagine not getting any votes at tribal but being the default vote out anyway no matter what anyone really wants. I think the probability of that is low, but it's not unbelievably low.

Archived