Survivor 34: "Game Changers" | RIP Dan Kay, Survivor: Gabon

Scrambled Aegon

1 hour ago, Raja said:

JT did tell his own tribe that he told the other tribe that they're voting for Sierra - I'm surprised they didn't change their vote there!

I have seen the episode twice and didn't see that, and every exit interview by Malcolm contradicts this.

Well, JT really bungled that. Watching Debbie freak out was the highlight of the episode, that is delusion on a monumental scale. Looks like she's gonna get lucky with what looks like yet another reshuffling of some kind next week, but I still wouldn't be surprised if she goes home soon since no one really wants to play with crazy.

I'm not an expert, but I think that Debbie might have some sort of a mental illness. And as for the idol blunder, JT proved yet again that he is clueless. I mean, how do you go to a tribal council where you might get voted out and not bring your idol?!

I believe that the best use of an idol when you are on the bottom, is that you show it to everyone and then openly go after the most powerful player on the tribe. That way he/she must scramble and throw under the bus someone else, possibly one of his/her own allies, else risking being sent of. In the end, you may not even need to play an idol, while creating a divide in their alliance.

29 minutes ago, Gronzag said:

I'm not an expert, but I think that Debbie might have some sort of a mental illness. And as for the idol blunder, JT proved yet again that he is clueless. I mean, how do you go to a tribal council where you might get voted out and not bring your idol?!

I believe that the best use of an idol when you are on the bottom, is that you show it to everyone and then openly go after the most powerful player on the tribe. That way he/she must scramble and throw under the bus someone else, possibly one of his/her own allies, else risking being sent of. In the end, you may not even need to play an idol, while creating a divide in their alliance.

I'm also worried about the bolded because she genuinely seemed to have forgotten volunteering for the balance beam; and she genuinely seemed to believe that Brad chose her for it, and that Hali was worse than her at everything.

Anyway, Cirie is on 98 days now. I'm happy about that.

JT was so hilarious. So arrogant and condescending so his downfall was all the sweeter.

Sandra, Jeff Varner and Michaela is one of my favourite alliances of all time. All huge characters, all golden TV, all having fun playing and it shines through. When Sandra looked to the camera...it was beautiful. So far I'm liking this season more than the last two combined.

Another really interesting episode.

Debbie - I don't know what can be said about her that wasn't on display already. It was somewhat amusing in her original season because it seemed like part of an act or a playful personality but this is kind of disturbing to watch. I really wish they would have shown us something with the times it took for Haley and Debbie to cross the beam so we could know the reality of it. For all we know it was edited to show something that is maybe misleading. I doubt it, because they all reacted the same, but it would be nice to know. TBH I half expected their tribe to just quit at the immunity challenge after Debbie kept going off during it and just say Jeff lets go to tribal!

Sandra - Nothing but respect for her game but man I just don't like Varners. He could have flipped it all and shown leadership(big move) and he chose to just sit back and watch. I mean, if there was no merge next week then there is no way that tribe could win anything physical. All he had to do was tell them at tribal that Sandra ate the sugar just to piss off JT and Makayla and start a fight between them. I assume they would flip to her, ahem a two time winner, and then he potentially could have earned some much needed respect because Makayla is real big on honesty and loyalty. It almost feels like he is a fan watching Survivor in person rather than someone trying to win.

Mackayla - man I love her and at the same time can't understand her. She seems too full of herself at challenges sometimes and forgets it's a team effort. When she dug up the first ball and she ran back with it, instead of handing it to her team she slammed it to the deck and they had to scramble to get it to continue with the challenge and it cost them time.

So does Debbie cause trouble for Culpepper after this merge? Does she poison his reputation to new tribe members based on her reality?

Clearly the hidden idol is at the base of the well right?

i am stunned that JT let himself be voted out. Before tribal, I was trying to figure out who was going to be the vote and I couldn't decide. Neither Sandra or Michaela felt right, but never did it even cross my mind That it would be him because ... idol, duh. I always thought Stephen never got enough credit his first time out, but now I think it's becoming more apparent how JT's charisma won him that money. At the time I didn't mind the JT win, but the unanimous vote broke my heart for Stephen.

My mom made the comment that Sandra has gotten meaner and didn't like it. I told her, no, this is the same Sandra we've always seen, just edited differently. I had to remind her about the fish and Russell's hat. I thought Jeff looked a bit uncomfortable while Sandra was eating the sugar - she must feel really comfortable in that alliance. I didn't mind Michaela's little tea break at tribal, but the hair flip made it ugly for me. But as has been said, her attitude is pretty hard to take for the most part. I thought Aubry was pretty blunt about not liking Michaela to the point where she might have burned a bridge there. I like Aubry, but man she can't catch a break.

eta: Oh, Debbie! She's uncomfortable to watch on the level of Brandon Hantz. If she was at all like this on her first outing, then Survivor is negligent in letting her back on. I never wanted to see Hantz again after his first try as it was evident he was unstable. Debbie seemed eccentric and delusional, but not actually unstable.

51 minutes ago, Gertrude said:

i am stunned that JT let himself be voted out. Before tribal, I was trying to figure out who was going to be the vote and I couldn't decide. Neither Sandra or Michaela felt right, but never did it even cross my mind That it would be him because ... idol, duh. I always thought Stephen never got enough credit his first time out, but now I think it's becoming more apparent how JT's charisma won him that money. At the time I didn't mind the JT win, but the unanimous vote broke my heart for Stephen.

My mom made the comment that Sandra has gotten meaner and didn't like it. I told her, no, this is the same Sandra we've always seen, just edited differently. I had to remind her about the fish and Russell's hat. I thought Jeff looked a bit uncomfortable while Sandra was eating the sugar - she must feel really comfortable in that alliance. I didn't mind Michaela's little tea break at tribal, but the hair flip made it ugly for me. But as has been said, her attitude is pretty hard to take for the most part. I thought Aubry was pretty blunt about not liking Michaela to the point where she might have burned a bridge there. I like Aubry, but man she can't catch a break.

eta: Oh, Debbie! She's uncomfortable to watch on the level of Brandon Hantz. If she was at all like this on her first outing, then Survivor is negligent in letting her back on. I never wanted to see Hantz again after his first try as it was evident he was unstable. Debbie seemed eccentric and delusional, but not actually unstable.

Good! When I saw that I thought damn, she purposely flipped her hair around hoping to hit him with it when he got up to leave, wtf! But no one on here commented on it so I thought it was just me!

Man, I don't like Sandra but she executed that perfectly. Going home with an idol in your pocket must be the *worst* feeling. Sandra's a great player, but I find myself rooting for Varner and Aubry ( the latter should have won her season) 

I'd just like to observe Debbie in daily life - just to see what that would be like. 

10 hours ago, Raja said:

Man, I don't like Sandra but she executed that perfectly. Going home with an idol in your pocket must be the *worst* feeling.

Well, that or going home with TWO idols in your pocket!!!! Yes I am still throwing shade at you James!

16 hours ago, Raja said:

I'd just like to observe Debbie in daily life - just to see what that would be like. 

I suspect she's lost her medication somewhere along the way, and cast/crew know that so they're going easy on her (though the editors are not).  In real life she can get that replaced more easily.

Well, i'm glad that Sandra is gone. I never hated her or anything, but I kinda felt that her presence loomed over the entire game.

I didn't like Tai finding yet another idol. His entire game consists of finding idols and nothing else. And as for Debbie, that was just infuriating. Having an extra vote is one of the most annoying things in the game, and they just handed it to the most undeserving player out there.

What a strange episode.

Sandra - see ya. Was never a fan of hers, I respect her game though, she is great at this.

Debbie - Was I the only one who was worried for her when it was announced she was going to exile? I literally said oh no out loud, I don't know how she would have handled it. Then it turned out like it did and she seems to be in a better frame of mind now. In a strange way I am happy for her.

Tai - still one of my favorite people but I have no clue what that all was at tribal. I have to assume it was all just a show for Sandra and Varner to see who could be trusted later? I mean they all still voted exactly like the plan, including Tai. As it was unfolding I was thinking WTF is he doing, is he really this dumb, then he didn't play his idol...but in the end it may have all been smoke and mirror....As to him getting the idols, I love it. He used common sense and said damn, there is likely one here in the same spot, and sure enough he got it.

Glad Sandra is gone too, but I nearly got out of my chair and bowed down to her if she had pulled off talking everyone into voting for Tai and then him going home with two idols in his pocket.  That was either a great editing job or a great acting job by that alliance, because it looked to me like that's exactly what was going to happen.

I don't mind Tai always finding idols.  They've set the precedent of always having them out there, and he's perfected the art of finding them.  It also helps him if he uses them strategically to help others in his alliance (whatever alliance he's momentarily in, that is).  Since he currently has two, it got me thinking, was there ever a tribal council where two idols were used at the same time?

Right now I'm thinking Zeke is in a very good position to win it all.

Archived