News from GosuChat :)

Arne Horn

Hello everyone!

Before the year ends I wanted to let you know that we made some progress with the chat. Some new features are: Reply to messages, Giphy support, create private channel and much more. 

But the real reason why I am writing is to ask you guys for some more feedback. How can we improve the overall chat experience? We aim for a fun place to have a nice chit chat in - for your awesome in depth theories the forum is definitly the right tool. But maybe for a quick chat and to simply have fun, the chat could be a good addition. What do you think?

Please ping me, write me here or within Gosu, anytime and anything - the good, the bad and the ugly :) (the ugly rather in DM ;) )

Thanks!

Arne

I hate to say this because I know this is something you've worked hard on, but what I want more than anything is to be able to close the damn thing. Particularly on mobile, screen real estate is at a premium, and minimizing isn't good enough.

On 12/23/2016 at 4:39 PM, Inigima said:

I hate to say this because I know this is something you've worked hard on, but what I want more than anything is to be able to close the damn thing. Particularly on mobile, screen real estate is at a premium, and minimizing isn't good enough.

Yeah this really drives me nuts on my phone.  I click on it accidentally multiple times a day.

So much that. If I could just go to a webpage that had the entire site save the chat window, I would be very very happy. 

The chat seems fine for what it is, but not being able to refuse it on mobile makes me hate it so very much, especially when it also is right next to the popup ads that you need to close. 

I tend to browse the forum in multiple tabs at the same time. And I have to minimize the chat client in every single new tab. Or be distracted by the pop-up of a conversation I am not part of and likely not interested in.

Also on mobile the current location of even the minimized chat window blocks navigation shortcuts.

Sadly that is the non-chat experience, since I only use chat a few times a year at most. 

To be honest, I wish I could just turn it off in my control panel so that it doesn't show up in either. It works well, but chat used to be a consistent community, and having it just automatically include everyone all the time isn't really the same and I don't have much use for it. Don't know that you can do that since IPB is probably completely separate. It would be nice for it to stay closed when I close it, which sometimes it does and sometimes not, and it would be nice to be able to close completely on desktop as well.

Archived