How will LF meet his end?

aryagonnakill#2

In another recent thread I commented upon the scene in AFFC where LF tries to keep his fingers clean while eating a blood orange.  He fails.  Sansa uses a spoon and keeps her fingers clean.

I believe this scene foreshadows Sansa surpassing LF, in that she will not make enemies as LF did with her schemes.  

LF has racked up a rather daunting list of enemies.

Definite enemies/adversaries

Varys and Ilyrio, This pair has been scheming for a long time to get Aegon on the throne and they are awfully close now, and they certainly have the ability to orchestrate an assassination.

Bronze Yhon Royce.  Single most powerful Vale lord and does not seem to be swayed by LF's glib talk.  Given cause he could probably raise the Vale in opposition to LF.

Tyrion. A  Lannister always pays his debts, and LF has tried to kill Tyrion at least twice.  He may soon have a dragon, or a dragon queen to repay the favour.

Potential enemies

Arya. A magical assassin in the making, if she learns what LF has done to her family, she certainly has the means to do something about it.

Lyn Corbray. 

Spoiler

Despite being in LF's hire when the lords declarant came o the Eyrie, LF's use for him may have expired with his co-opting of 4 out of the 5 lords declarant, and giving his older brother a fertile wife means Lyn will likely not be his brothers heir for long.  This was LF's doing and ma have made Lyn a true enemy.

The Mad Mouse.  Who is he really, who is he working for?  We cannot say for sure, but he definitely knows who Sansa is and may at least cause some trouble.

Myranda Royce.  She has hinted at knowing who Sansa is and also at jealousy for Sansa getting the match she wanted with Harry.  A slip of the tongue at the wrong time could ruin things.

Cersei.  Hiding Sansa is certainly treason against the crown, if it becomes known the Lannister/Tyrell alliance would have no choice but to demand both LF and Sansa's heads.

Stannis.  He was working with Jon Aryn when LF had him assassinated, again if Stannis came upon the knowledge needed, he would instantly become an enemy.

Robert Aryn.  Technically Lord of the Eyrie and Vale, he has a lot of power but no ability to use it until he comes of age.  He seems to dislike LF, and love Sansa.

Sansa.  Save the best for last of course, Sansa knows LF killed Lysa, knows he played a hand in killing Joffrey, knows he bribed Corbray, has the love of Robert Aryn, knows Mya Stone loves Michael Redford, knows LF's man Lothor Brune loves Mya, knows Myranda wants to marry a lord, and has the nobility to get people to follow her.

I can't come up with a fully concrete theory for how things will play out, but I believe Sansa will cause his downfall, but I do not know if she will do it personally.  To my knowledge she may still have the strangler beads.

Wherever you are, @aryagonnakill#2 I hope you are enjoying your holiday.   I saw that other thread and you made some great points there.   I am resigned to frickin Little Finger's downfall for sure.    I hope it's a long and scary fall from grace.  But I think he will survive to the end, maybe disappear.   I definitely see the players in the Vale lining up to orchestrate this fall.  All the characters you mention have plenty of motive for getting rid of him.   But I think the two we may be overlooking are Sweet Robert and Lothor Brune.   They are both very fond of Sansa and it reads like Sansa is definitely plotting something.  

We've got Vysenia's method for winning the Vale over to Aegon.   And we've got yet another boy lord with an affinity for seeing people fly.   

Spoiler

The Alayne chapter is setting the stage for a grand tournament inviting all sorts of interesting characters into contests of strength and skill.   Nothing says we won't see perhaps a relative or old friends of Sansa show up.  But the point of the tourney is to designate The Winged Knights to protect Robert.   I think this is a key factor in Sansa's plans.   

Lothor seems to pop up at the most opportune times so I don't see any real danger to Sansa as I expect Lothor actually likes Sansa which may gain her more protection than the pay he gets from Little Finger.   We've spent a lot of time with Mya Stone.  Lothor may yet get his heart's desire via some machination of Sansa's.   Just adds to Sansa's loyalty coffer.    

All you put forth is possible and plausible.    I can't help thinking that slippery slimy Little Finger may well get away from whomever strikes, in just the nick of time.   Then maybe we could get a series about his adventures running from everyone in the world.    Few deserve punishment like this creep does.   

Thanks @Curled Finger    Happy holidays to you as well, and everyone else on the forum!  I definitely think the fact that people actually like Sansa will come into play.  There was one other person I forgot to mention in the OP.  Sr. Kettleblack.  He is a very valuable asset to LF, operating a trade ship earning money while learning what he can at his ports of call.  

Spoiler

In the same chapter he just arrived back at the gates of the moon and his horse is exhausted meaning he rode him hard.  What info did he come across?  Aegean, Dany, or his sons...?

His 3 sons were all in LF's employ and now are all arrested and at least 1 if not all 3 are about to die.  Now I don't have any kids but if a guy I thought I could count on for rewarding my services got all my sons arrested/killed I have to imagine that we would not be in business together anymore.

On 12/24/2016 at 0:15 PM, aryagonnakill#2 said:

I can't come up with a fully concrete theory for how things will play out, but I believe Sansa will cause his downfall, but I do not know if she will do it personally.  To my knowledge she may still have the strangler beads.

My hope was that LF would end up flying out the moon door. Doesn’t seem like that is going to happen now that the castle has been shut down and the people have moved down to (?) Gates of the Moon.

You might want to go into greater detail about the strangler beads.

Sansa had the hairnet tucked into the pocket of her cloak when she boarded the ship. LF showed her to her cabin wherein there was chest with fresh clothes including a cloak. After that I’m not sure what happened to the hairnet that contained the purple serpents.

2 hours ago, Clegane'sPup said:

My hope was that LF would end up flying out the moon door. Doesn’t seem like that is going to happen now that the castle has been shut down and the people have moved down to (?) Gates of the Moon.

You might want to go into greater detail about the strangler beads.

Sansa had the hairnet tucked into the pocket of her cloak when she boarded the ship. LF showed her to her cabin wherein there was chest with fresh clothes including a cloak. After that I’m not sure what happened to the hairnet that contained the purple serpents.

Not sure there is any more detail to go into, I think what you posted is really the last we hear of them.  Its possible she still has them and it is possible LF had them taken at some point. Sansas inner thoughts are very lacking once Lysa is killed and she is with LF.

11 hours ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

Thanks @Curled Finger    Happy holidays to you as well, and everyone else on the forum!  I definitely think the fact that people actually like Sansa will come into play.  There was one other person I forgot to mention in the OP.  Sr. Kettleblack.  He is a very valuable asset to LF, operating a trade ship earning money while learning what he can at his ports of call.  

Hide contents

In the same chapter he just arrived back at the gates of the moon and his horse is exhausted meaning he rode him hard.  What info did he come across?  Aegean, Dany, or his sons...?

His 3 sons were all in LF's employ and now are all arrested and at least 1 if not all 3 are about to die.  Now I don't have any kids but if a guy I thought I could count on for rewarding my services got all my sons arrested/killed I have to imagine that we would not be in business together anymore.

Oh Yeah, I forgot him, too.   And he's a juicy one.   Do you think with all these stars aligning against Little Finger that he will meet his demise in TWOW?   I see this period as a time of gathering for him.    I think his latest scheme 

Spoiler

the food stores and presumed gouging

needs to play out with his allies in the scheme.  I think that store is something Sansa or Sweet Robert will be able to use to their advantage while exposing the participants in the original scheme.   As to your guy, I'm really interested to see what got him to see LF so desperately fast.     

At this point in the story I find it very difficult to talk about LF without including Sansa.

A Feast for Crows - Alayne II

Her eyes widened. "He is not Lady Waynwood's heir. He's Robert's heir. If Robert were to die . . ."   Petyr arched an eyebrow. "When Robert dies. Our poor brave Sweetrobin is such a sickly boy, it is only a matter of time. When Robert dies, Harry the Heir becomes Lord Harrold, Defender of the Vale and Lord of the Eyrie. Jon Arryn's bannermen will never love me, nor our silly, shaking Robert, but they will love their Young Falcon . . . and when they come together for his wedding, and you come out with your long auburn hair, clad in a maiden's cloak of white and grey with a direwolf emblazoned on the back . . . why, every knight in the Vale will pledge his sword to win you back your birthright. So those are your gifts from me, my sweet Sansa . . . Harry, the Eyrie, and Winterfell. That's worth another kiss now, don't you think?"

LF can’t seriously be considering the above ^ is possible while the Lannister’s still rule the Iron Throne, can he?

A couple things stand out. One is that Sansa is considered the daughter of a traitor and married to Tyrion and second Sansa is wanted as an accomplice to King Joffrey’s murder. Sansa could also be considered an accomplice in the murder of Lysa. Baelish really only has power through his connection to the IT and Robert Arryn.

It strikes me odd that the Vale lords would accept the deception that LF is spinning to Sansa:

Jon Arryn's bannermen will never love me, nor our silly, shaking Robert, but they will love their Young Falcon . . . and when they come together for his wedding, and you come out with your long auburn hair, clad in a maiden's cloak of white and grey with a direwolf emblazoned on the back . . . why, every knight in the Vale will pledge his sword to win you back your birthright. So those are your gifts from me, my sweet Sansa . . . Harry, the Eyrie, and Winterfell.

If Sweetrobin dies before the marriage of Sansa & Harry, LF has no hold on the Eyrie. If Sansa & Harry marry, LF will have no hold on the Eyrie.

The food that LF is staring to hoard can easily be seized. He can’t very well disclose that he was involved with the fArya plan that Bolton & Lannister cooked up. He seems fairly confident that Cersei is going beggar the realm and destroy herself:

A Feast for Crows - Alayne II

"You would not believe half of what is happening in King's Landing, sweetling. Cersei stumbles from one idiocy to the next, helped along by her council of the deaf, the dim, and the blind. I always anticipated that she would beggar the realm and destroy herself, but I never expected she would do it quite so fast. It is quite vexing. I had hoped to have four or five quiet years to plant some seeds and allow some fruits to ripen, but now . . . it is a good thing that I thrive on chaos. What little peace and order the five kings left us will not long survive the three queens, I fear."  "Three queens?" She did not understand.

Nor do I understand the  ^ . Baelish’s house of cards has to fall eventually, but I don’t know how or when.

It's ser Lother Brune and idk why or how. But I think it's fairly conclusive LF isn't gonna go down easy nor very soon. So that would mean he will continue to like sansa more and LF the same (or possibly less) idk if mya stone has anything to do with it or simply preference to Sansa's ..... Niceness > LF $$$ which seems odd. And LF is totally the person to realize this and "overhear his growing fondness for Sansa) I'm just banking on his growing ego overlooking mr boiled leather Brune.... Ole faithful is gonna turn heel. (I would imagine for Mya but I've always found that part of Sansa's chapter odd so idk.) 

side guess- Sansa needs to for real chill around myranda. I would imagine she knows her identity bc well every interaction they have Sansa lets her guard down big time but mostly when myranda said Ned Stark's bastard is LC and Sansa said Jon Snow? Even tho LF supposedly just got her back from the faith. And.....

she bombed her meeting with her hometown gulltown knights (with myranda at her side of course)

I've got an enticing idea - Sansa might use the strangler to poison someone (Sweetrobin, who wouldn't live long, anyway?) and frame LF, just like he framed Tyrion (and by extension, herself). And then, as revealed Lady Stark, she would deal Stark justice, as Radio Westeros proposed. 

Now, such a scheme would perhaps take more than two books to concoct, but a girl can hope, no?

I think he's got a reunion with Cat scheduled personally.

By telling Sansa that he plans to kill Robert, he's risked everything. She's been responsible for some awful things in the series so far, but not consciously. I don't see her just standing back and letting Littlefinger kill a child. I think she'll take Robert and perhaps Mya Stone and Lothar Brune as well and head for Runestone.

Bronze Yohn hates Littlefinger anyway and, given that Sansa has no reason to lie, the rest of the Vale Lords are going to fall in line. Littlefinger is going to have to run for it. He won't be safe in the Fingers so he'll head to the Riverlands, where he is Lord Paramount and where he can seek protection from the Lannisters and the Freys.

I think the Brotherhood will take him before he reaches them though.

19 hours ago, UnFit Finlay said:

By telling Sansa that he plans to kill Robert, he's risked everything.

I don’t think he actually said that, my recollection is that he simply says Robert is likely to die due to his illness. Personally, I do think that LF is likely plotting to murder Robert, but I don’t think he’s ever said that to Sansa.

8 minutes ago, Shouldve Taken The Black said:

I don’t think he actually said that, my recollection is that he simply says Robert is likely to die due to his illness. Personally, I do think that LF is likely plotting to murder Robert, but I don’t think he’s ever said that to Sansa.

That is correct, in fact Petyr talked to Sansa (in AFFC, last Alayne-chapter) when she arrives at the Gates of the Moon, and explains her the succession line of the Arryns:

Her eyes widened. "He is not Lady Waynwood's heir. He's Robert's heir. If Robert were to die..." Petyr arched an eyebrow. "When Robert dies. Our poor brave Sweetrobin is such a sickly boy, it is only a matter of time. When Robert dies, Harry the Heir becomes Lord Harrold, Defender of the Vale and Lord of the Eyrie."

On 12/24/2016 at 0:15 PM, aryagonnakill#2 said:

In another recent thread I commented upon the scene in AFFC where LF tries to keep his fingers clean while eating a blood orange.  He fails.  Sansa uses a spoon and keeps her fingers clean.

I believe this scene foreshadows Sansa surpassing LF, in that she will not make enemies as LF did with her schemes.

Definitely an interesting scene. It makes all the more sense when you look at it in context and see that they are talking about littelfinger's scheme to poison Joffrey (its in ASOS actually, Sansa VI, if anyone wants to look at it). Another scene involving Sansa and blood oranges though that might back this up is the scene in AGOT:

"It's not the same," Sansa said. "The Hound is Joffrey's sworn shield. Your butcher's boy attacked the prince."
"Liar," Arya said. Her hand clenched the blood orange so hard that red juice oozed between her fingers.
"Go ahead, call me all the names you want," Sansa said airily. "You won't dare when I'm married to Joffrey. You'll have to bow to me and call me Your Grace." She shrieked as Arya flung the orange across the table. It caught her in the middle of the forehead with a wet squish and plopped down into her lap.

The blood orange ends up staining her dress.

Maybe this scene represents a future interaction between Sansa and Arya.

On 24/12/2016 at 7:32 PM, Lost Melnibonean said:

Happy new year!

The girl described by TGOHH is definitely Sansa. The feast is Joff's wedding, and the purple serpents with venom are the crystals of strangler in her hairnet.

She did slay a puppet giant at the doors of a castle of snow LF helped her build. I'd say this is just a premonition. LF will help Sansa to gain WF. I leave the giant untouched.

Otoh, I don't think an only person will win the IT, but a team, and I've found clues pointing to LF being in the winning team, as the Hand of the king, more precisely.

On 12/29/2016 at 7:09 AM, Greywater-Watch said:
On 12/28/2016 at 9:53 AM, Greywater-Watch said:

How about Penny? If she returns to Westeros together with Tyrion and Daenerys, and if she should learn how the dwarf tilting at Joffrey's wedding was schemed by Littlefinger to create a quarrel between Tyrion and Joffrey, she might start to hold LF responsible for the death of her brother.

They are both pint-sized.  The match would be even.  How do you propose she gets to the castle?  It is practically secure.  The only way is on the back of a dragon. 

Littlefinger is going to last throughout the entire game of thrones section of the books. He is going to die as a hero in some future fight against an army of Others and wights. His crimes will never come to light.

The only alternative is that he and Catelyn are reunited again, and she is going to have some fun at his expense.

Archived