How will LF meet his end?

aryagonnakill#2

4 hours ago, desire said:

I always thought it will be undramatic the flux or something. Seems to balance out that he wants to make a huge splash just to die in such a lame way would be just. But with Season 7 looming and the spoilers surrounding it who knows. 

Dude was the big bad of the first act of ASOIAF. Dude needs to be hurled down a shaft of the Death Star. 

2 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

Dude was the big bad of the first act of ASOIAF. Dude needs to be hurled down a shaft of the Death Star. 

Nah he just wanted to keep Stannis off the throne. 

4 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

He set in motion the central conflict of Game, Clash, and Storm, all the while manipulating both sides of the Stark-Lannister war, and got the big reveal at the end. How is he not the big bad in the first act of ASOIAF? 

War was inevitable due to Lannister incest and no true born heir. Remember Varys quote to Illyrio,  everyone is plotting. 

Just now, ravenous reader said:

Agree.  No story without Littlefinger.

His nemesis: Moon Door for the false bird who flies too high-- at Sansa's behest.

Good thing  the Eyrie is closed till Spring. 

Just now, Lord Wraith said:

War was inevitable due to Lannister incest and no true born heir. Remember Varys quote to Illyrio,  everyone is plotting. 

Good thing  the Eyrie is closed till Spring. 

True.  Gotta have a vital psychopath or the wheel of history does not turn.

6 hours ago, Lord Wraith said:

Illyrio is the big bad in the second act (I think). Yes, war was inevitable. It would have been instigated by Illyrio's agent Varys with a boar and black-haired bastards spread across the realm. But if Petyr had not set the first conflict in motion, we wouldna have had the first act. 

46 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

Illyrio is the big bad in the second act (I think). Yes, war was inevitable. It would have been instigated by Illyrio's agent Varys with a boar and black-haired bastards spread across the realm. But if Petyr had not set the first conflict in motion, we wouldna have had the first act. 

That is true enough. I recently came across a theory  that Varys  and Illyrio were working for Bloodraven and not Blackfyres.  I need to find it again but I  would be curious to see your  thoughts on it. 

Still trying to figure when there will be time for the second dance. The next book seems full and the last should  be the war for the Dawn. 

38 minutes ago, Lord Wraith said:

That is true enough. I recently came across a theory  that Varys  and Illyrio were working for Bloodraven and not Blackfyres.  I need to find it again but I  would be curious to see your  thoughts on it. 

Still trying to figure when there will be time for the second dance. The next book seems full and the last should  be the war for the Dawn. 

I think the George can tell both stories at the same time, with the Dance in the forefront and then finish the War for the Dawn with the last few chapters. So, he could give us another 150 chapters, 100 or more of which could be devoted to the Dance, and three more novellas about Dunk and Egg if he needs to feed us more backstory. 

9 hours ago, ravenous reader said:

Agree.  No story without Littlefinger.

His nemesis: Moon Door for the false bird who flies too high-- at Sansa's behest.

I don't expect the books will go back to the Eire and the show certainly won't. They struck the set which would not have happened if there was any chance of reuse.

The only parts of Westeros that has not been properly explored yet are Oldtown and Casterly Rock. I expect Danny will land in Casterly Rock as a way to bring that region into play. It would also make good strategic sense, not least because the people there might well be loyal to Tyrion as the legitimate Lannister heir. His alleged crimes are no worse than Jamie's after all.

18 hours ago, hallam said:

The only parts of Westeros that has not been properly explored yet are Oldtown and Casterly Rock. I expect Danny will land in Casterly Rock as a way to bring that region into play. It would also make good strategic sense, not least because the people there might well be loyal to Tyrion as the legitimate Lannister heir. His alleged crimes are no worse than Jamie's after all.

Why would Dany land at Casterly Rock? It is on the opposite side of Westeros. There's absolutely no sense in doing that. Dany will most likely try to land on Dragonstone (her ancestral home) and it would make sense for her (since fAegon is currently raging through the stormlands, conquering everything he sees), to land just north of Dragonstone, so taking the Whispers, Rook's Nest, Duskendale, and advance to Kingslanding from there.

At Kingslanding there could then be a 'battle of 3 armies', fAegon, Dany, and the troops in Kingslanding itself.

Back to LF's end. I see 2 options there. One being his blind spot (Sansa), the other being Sweetrobin doing something LF never anticipated.
And of course, it would be all the better if these two options are combined. Sansa gaining SR's trust more and more, boosting his ego and giving him some confidence, to end at SR breaking free from his stepfathers grasp (and his deceased mothers belittling) and gaining the trust of the Vale Lords.

2 hours ago, Ser Walter of AShwood said:

Back to LF's end. I see 2 options there. One being his blind spot (Sansa), the other being Sweetrobin doing something LF never anticipated.
And of course, it would be all the better if these two options are combined. Sansa gaining SR's trust more and more, boosting his ego and giving him some confidence, to end at SR breaking free from his stepfathers grasp (and his deceased mothers belittling) and gaining the trust of the Vale Lords.

"I want to see him fly!"

16 minutes ago, Ygrain said:

"I want to see him fly!"

That pretty much sums it up.....
But only at the point where SR and Sansa have gained the trust of the Vale Lords, and some confessions are made about what really happened with Lysa..... LF lies need to come out at one point, and he will need to suffer for it. Complete and utter humiliation, by being mentally destroyed by a sickly and spoilt child (Sansa should be able to remove the whiny character trades of SR).

The bad little man. Sansa, can I make him fly? I want to see him fly

4 hours ago, Ser Walter of AShwood said:

Why would Dany land at Casterly Rock? It is on the opposite side of Westeros. There's absolutely no sense in doing that. Dany will most likely try to land on Dragonstone (her ancestral home) and it would make sense for her (since fAegon is currently raging through the stormlands, conquering everything he sees), to land just north of Dragonstone, so taking the Whispers, Rook's Nest, Duskendale, and advance to Kingslanding from there.

At Kingslanding there could then be a 'battle of 3 armies', fAegon, Dany, and the troops in Kingslanding itself.

Casterly Rock is the seat of House Lannister. Take that and Cersei has no additional troops to bring to battle. And Cersei is forced to try to retake it. So Danny can attack Cersei's armies with the dragons en route to the rock. 

I have a feeling that fAegon is going to suddenly start looking a lot less Targarean and a lot more Stark. I think we will find he is actually the son of Brandon Stark and Ashara Dane. And that that is going to suddenly bring his campaign to an end.

The fact that SweetRobin is so obviously a gonner is what makes me think he will live. 

15 hours ago, Ser Walter of AShwood said:

That pretty much sums it up.....
But only at the point where SR and Sansa have gained the trust of the Vale Lords, and some confessions are made about what really happened with Lysa..... LF lies need to come out at one point, and he will need to suffer for it. Complete and utter humiliation, by being mentally destroyed by a sickly and spoilt child (Sansa should be able to remove the whiny character trades of SR).

Unlikely the lords don't like Sweet Robin and they didn't like Lysa. Baelish will lead the Vale army to the River lands and help destroy House Frey.  Take control of the Riverlands and get revenge for the red wedding. 

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 10:58 PM, Lord Wraith said:

War was inevitable.  The destruction of the Starks wasn't.  And it was bigger than it would have been.

On 24/1/2017 at 6:20 AM, Lord Wraith said:

I think that Baelish will live to the end and be Hand To King Aegon and Queen Sansa. 

On 26/1/2017 at 0:07 AM, Lord Varys said:

Sansa is in a better position than she was when she was a Lannister pawn. There are no clear hints that she plans to actually kill Littlefinger.

:agree:

5 hours ago, Nevets said:

War was inevitable.  The destruction of the Starks wasn't.  And it was bigger than it would have been.

Stannis not Eddard was Baelish's enemy,  Varys too for that matter.  Baelish was willing to work with him until  Eddard threw it all away and named Stannis heir.  Ned left Baelish no opinions.  That's why he betrayed  him. 

Archived