TV shows of 2017: the overview

Calibandar

I'm most looking forward to Fargo season 3 as well followed by The Americans S5 and Better Call Saul S3. Other highly anticipated shows include Black Sails S4, The Expanse S2, Orange is the New Black S5 and GoT S7.

ETA. Add American Gods and The Leftovers S3 to the list.

• 2 weeks later...

Most of the shows I'm looking forward to have already been mentioned.  I'll just add:

The Good Place - which already started back up in January

Alone S3 - which has also already started

The 100 S4 - starts Feb 1st

Vice Principals S2 - no air date yet

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/27/2016 at 7:25 PM, Werthead said:

The City and The City (China Mieville BBC adaptation)

David Morrissey will star in BBC Two's adaptation of China Miéville's fantasy novel The City & the City

David Morrissey has landed the coveted lead role in BBC Two's adaptation of science fiction novel The City & the City.

The Beeb is partnering with Poldark and Victoria production company Mammoth Screen and The Young Pope writer Tony Grisoni on a TV version of China Miéville's Hugo Award-winning novel.

Morrissey is reuniting with Red Riding writer Tony Grisoni on the BBC's four-part limited series event.Grisoni recently worked on Paolo Sorrentino’s “The Young Pope.” He co-wrote “The Man Who Killed Don Quixote” with regular collaborator Terry Gilliam, which is currently in production with Gilliam directing.

The ensemble for The City & the City also includes Mandeep Dhillon (Some Girls) as the head of the Besźel Policzai, Danny Webb (Humans) as far-right political leader Major Syedr and Ron Cook (Mr Selfridge) as Commissar Gadlem.

The international cast also features German actress Maria Schrader, recently seen in “Deutschland 83,” and U.S. actor Christian Camargo (“Dexter,” “Penny Dreadful”).

"I am delighted to be working with the brilliant Tony Grisoni again on this exciting project," David Morrissey said. "I am a huge fan of the original book by China Miéville."

"It's been fascinating and moving to witness the translation from fiction to script, and to work with Tony and Tom (Shankland) and everyone on this production," China Miéville added.

"What they're making feels both familiar, sending me right back to the book, and yet very much their own, something I'm eager to discover. I'm extremely impatient for it!"

The City & the City is currently in production in Manchester and Liverpool.

Archived