Ferrum Aeternum

R.I.P. George Michael

20 posts in this topic

Holy fuck, 2016, at least you're almost over now. :(

RIP. 

WHY 2016??? WHY??? I was just at Christmas dinner with my family and my hubbs showed this to me.

Was it a suicide? News reporting so far vague.

1 hour ago, Calibandar said:

Was it a suicide? News reporting so far vague.

News reporting so far that he died peacefully at home from heart failure while in bed. I'm not quite sure how they could be less vague.

One of the greatest singers of all time, and a fine songwriter to boot. 

One of the few people who could do Queen songs justice. Here is is rehearsing in front of Bowie.

I loved his performance at the Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert. I've never deliberately listened to much Wham! but it's hard not to know a fair few songs by him, even if I hadn't grown up watching the FMTC on repeat. 

RIP

Faith is one of the three best songs to come out of the eighties.  RIP

2 hours ago, Mmerek Hamšzulíe said:

One of the greatest singers of all time, and a fine songwriter to boot. 

One of the few people who could do Queen songs justice. Here is is rehearsing in front of Bowie.

Amazing. 

6 hours ago, polishgenius said:

News reporting so far that he died peacefully at home from heart failure while in bed. I'm not quite sure how they could be less vague.

Over here they did not announce any cause of death, the reason was completely avoided.

That usually only happens when they suspect suicide.

Which made me suspicious. I see on English language sites they do mention heart problems.

2016, you suck. I'm still not over Bowie. 

We've lost so many this year. George Michael was one of the finest singers of any generation. His rendition of Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me with Elton John is still one of my favorites, and of course his performance of Somebody to Love is phenomenal. 

Yep, really liked him. Liked a lot of his songs and they were opposite of my normal types of music back in the 80's. I was into Metallica, Motley Crue etc.. and liked some of his hits with Wham, and really liked the Faith album. Listened to it over and over. 2016 can't end fast enough.

7 hours ago, Crazy Cat Lady in Training said:

2016, you suck. I'm still not over Bowie. 

We've lost so many this year. George Michael was one of the finest singers of any generation. His rendition of Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me with Elton John is still one of my favorites, and of course his performance of Somebody to Love is phenomenal. 

Same here. :crying::crying::crying: