Black Rabbit of Inlé called Richard Adams

Lykos

Just read this as well. It's astonishing how many big names are going in 2016. 

Carrie Fisher just died as well. George Michael yesterday.

Richard Adams at least reaches a very venerable old age of 96.

Have you guys read some of his other works, like Plague Dogs, Shardik?

Loved the cartoon Watership Down as a kid, it thrilled me more than scared me.

Read the book when I was adult and loved getting so much more background and detail on this wonderful story.

I'm glad at least that he had a long life and wasn't taken prematurely, though it always seems too soon, even 96.

RIP

Sorrow.

Loved Watership Down greatly, both book and cartoon. For fans of the cartoon: it's well worth taking the time to read the book it was based on. 

I think it's time for me to read some of his other works, at long last. And I'll certainly be re-reading Watership Down. 

Maia is a weird book, and I suspect deeply problematic by today's standards. Also rather dull: not a lot happens given it's almost a thousand pages long.

Here's the heartbreaking Simon and Garfunkel song when they go and look for Hazel.  Guided by the Black Rabbit I might add.  See, he's not such a bad guy.

Just Garfunkel.

An author of some truly other-worldly books.  I remember finding and buying the first of his works that I ever read along with a nice hardback by Mary Renault in the attic book sale of a foundation down the street from my college.  Two stories by very different authors, but both were good choices.

Shardik has a similar feel to something written by the combination of Ursula LeGuin and Steven Erikson.

The Plague Dogs is like The Rats of NIMH channeled by Walter M. Miller, Jr.

Archived