Carrie Fisher has passed away

Mark Antony

4 hours ago, Astromech said:

I am now officially on the Fuck 2016 team. Of all the people we have lost this past year, Carrie's passing has hit me the hardest. I was watching old interviews of Carrie and her Star Wars cast mates just the night before she suffered cardiac arrest. What a sweetheart. 60 is too young. The people of Alderaan have their princess back.

As does Han. :(

16 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Because of Rogue One, I had just watched the OT over the past few days.

Me as well.  I saw her young again in Rogue One and immediately went home to see more of that perfect face in the Original Trilogy. Was not prepared for this.  60 is waaayyyyy too young.

13 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Oh so sad... :crying:

this fucking year... started with Bowie and ends (hopefully - ENOUGH ALREADY) with Carrie Fisher, the two that have hit me the hardest. 

RIP, Princess. 

Those 2 were the hardest for me as well.  Ill be wearing some serious braids for the next few weeks In Memoriam. :bawl:

14 hours ago, generalzod said:

And don't forget Prince.

prince 

bowie

george michael

carrie fisher

all gone.  Death is a Sith.

That's unfair, I miss Bowie and Prince more than most, and while I'm not really a George Micheal fan there's no denying he was exceptionally talented and by all accounts a lovely person too.

2016 has been an appalling loss of talent :(, I really hope this is the last.

4 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

To respect her wishes, I think we should ignore her cause of death and declare that she drowned in moonlight, strangled by her bra. https://www.yahoo.com/movies/carrie-fisher-self-penned-obituary-220023633.html

Ah, her wit will be missed. :(

I saw that and agree that is the way she went out.

3 minutes ago, generalzod said:

From that article...

"I think the thing that is sadder than her not having an official star is that people are worried about whether she finished [Episode VIII]," Sean Fryer, a Florida resident on vacation with his wife, Megan, told THR. "Like, that's what they care about. You're talking about a person's life."

So uh... guilty as charged... Sure its her life and I am appropriately affected for her family and those who are actually close to her, but my interaction with her has always been as a fan.  I don't think that's a negative thing to worry about.  Its the same reaction many fans had when Robert Jordan died before finishing Wheel of Time.  Many other stars were taken too young while working on notable films.  First to my mind is Brandon Lee with The Crow.

So I do think its normal to wonder how much affect this will have on the story of Episode VIII and IX.  I fully expect that the plan was for Leia to have a much bigger part in Episode VIII.  Its safe to say Kylo Ren was supposed to have some sort of reunion with his mother.  So if there is a redemption story to be had with mother-son, what affect will her death have? 

Would fans be turned off if CGI is used to finish out her story?  Tricky camera work was used in the example above of Brandon Lee and The Crow.  Obviously, much was made of the CGI rebirth of Grand Moff Tarkin; but I would think the outcry would be even more with Fisher.

Archived