A Bong of Ice and Fire

Unsolved Mystery from season 1

9 posts in this topic

So who was behind the assassination attempt on Bran in Winterfell and why?  The show has never addressed this, except for having Catelyn accuse Tyrion of the crime.  Of course the Gods judged Tyrion innocent in trial by combat.

I know the theory from the books (although the books also never outright say who did it), but I am curious what show only watchers think.  As far as I recall, the show offers no hints.

Edited by A Bong of Ice and Fire

18 hours ago, A Bong of Ice and Fire said:

So who was behind the assassination attempt on Bran in Winterfell and why?  The show has never addressed this, except for having Catelyn accuse Tyrion of the crime.  Of course the Gods judged Tyrion innocent in trial by combat.

I know the theory from the books (although the books also never outright say who did it), but I am curious what show only watchers think.  As far as I recall, the show offers no hints.

Well this might be far fetched but this bit:

Coupled with this bit, pretty much puts the blame on LittleFinger :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxhI0KqNNTw

Oh there are a lot of unsolved mysteries... 

i still don't know who killed Joffrey. Olenna and Littlefinegr both took responsibility. 

yeah they never really mention that again in the books either. tyrion offhandedly thinks it was joffrey at one point, but nothing ever comes of it. 

i think it as joffrey tho. 

Posted (edited)

Littlefinger was in King's Landing and ravens would have taken time and would be too risky, it was not him. He did lie about the dagger when it came up with Cat and Ned when they met at his Brothel/Office but that was just him taking an opportunity to sow more distrust between Stark and Lannister. Joffrey was the one and inadvertently, it sowed the seeds for war with suspicion upon his real father and mother (Uncle/Daddy Jaime and Queen Cersei). Joffrey overheard King Robert saying that the boy is better off dead and it is suspected by Cersei and Jaime that Joff, in his twisted mind, thought that it was actually "a good thing" to do. Kinda like him telling Sansa he gave her father Ned "mercy" with a clean death instead of torture. Joff is the culprit.

Edited by A Ghost of Someone

The conclusion that Joffrey did it is based on hints dropped in the books.  As far as I recall, though, the show didn't drop any similar hints.  (Or did it?)  I wonder if the show will ever address this issue again or just leave it a mystery.

On 12/28/2016 at 6:38 AM, A Bong of Ice and Fire said:

it was Cersei. Trying to make sure Bran never reveals her secret lover. 

I am not a "show only watcher" but i thought I'd give my opinion anyway. I think in the show it's implied that Varys AND Littlefinger worked on this together in order to convince the Starks that the Lannisters are "out to get them" so to speak.