Can you recommend me some books?

Camila Sofia

On 8/7/2017 at 6:08 AM, GAROVORKIN said:

Gathering Chronicles  of Empire by Brian G Turner   A really terrific book and start of a new series.B)

This looks kind of interesting. Short, at 372 pages, but maybe that means more frequent publication than we've come to be used to in GRRM-world. 

2 hours ago, Pecan said:

This looks kind of interesting. Short, at 372 pages, but maybe that means more frequent publication than we've come to be used to in GRRM-world. 

I can't wait for book 2 in Turner's series , I really liked it .  B)

Also I would recommend. The Misenchanted Sword  by.  Lawrence Watt-Evens 

And by chance have you read The Kane the Mystic Swordsman series by Karl Edward Wagner ?  Its a dark fantasy series comprising 5 books in all . Kane is a heroic villain/antihero  and he happens to be an immortal .

1. Bloodstone 

2. Darkness Weaves

3.Dark Crusade 

4.Death Angels Shadow 

5. Night Winds 

Also  by Wagner 

Conan The Road of Kings 

Bran Mak Morn Legion of the Shadows

7 hours ago, GAROVORKIN said:

I can't wait for book 2 in Turner's series , I really liked it .  B)

Also I would recommend. The Misenchanted Sword  by.  Lawrence Watt-Evens 

And by chance have you read The Kane the Mystic Swordsman series by Karl Edward Wagner ?  Its a dark fantasy series comprising 5 books in all . Kane is a heroic villain/antihero  and he happens to be an immortal .

1. Bloodstone 

2. Darkness Weaves

3.Dark Crusade 

4.Death Angels Shadow 

5. Night Winds 

Also  by Wagner 

Conan The Road of Kings 

Bran Mak Morn Legion of the Shadows

No, haven't read any of those. I don't actually read all that much fantasy. I'd like to read more, but I have a tough time finding stuff I like. I like GRRM and some of Erikson's Malazan series. I think Daniel Abraham has a lot of potential, but I have yet to make it all the way through any of his books. He's a fine writer though, for sure. R. Scott Bakker is good, but depressing to read. Abercrombie is another good writer, but also depressing. 

3 hours ago, Pecan said:

No, haven't read any of those. I don't actually read all that much fantasy. I'd like to read more, but I have a tough time finding stuff I like. I like GRRM and some of Erikson's Malazan series. I think Daniel Abraham has a lot of potential, but I have yet to make it all the way through any of his books. He's a fine writer though, for sure. R. Scott Bakker is good, but depressing to read. Abercrombie is another good writer, but also depressing. 

Ive read Martin and Erkson and yes they are like them alot .  I have not gotten around  to Baker or Abercrombie Ive,  heard both are quite good. If you Like Erikson you might also like Glen Cook's Black company series . Also Tim Powers  I would recommend starting his novel The Anubis Gates B)

The Star Rover by Jack London.  This is his only fantasy novel . it's unknown to most readers and it's unlike anything he ever wrote . It is  about a straitjacket death row inmate who discovers he that he  can astral project  himself into his past lives at .  Epic in scope and scale , It takes you across time , space and history . You can find it online  complete  on project Gutenberg . It is a great book, B)

What I'd really like is another epic medieval fantasy like ASOIAF, but that doesn't seem to exist. I wonder at times when/if we'll get something like that again. I think we'll get something good eventually, maybe even better than ASOIAF.  

39 minutes ago, Pecan said:

What I'd really like is another epic medieval fantasy like ASOIAF, but that doesn't seem to exist. I wonder at times when/if we'll get something like that again. I think we'll get something good eventually, maybe even better than ASOIAF.  

What about 

Steven Brust's Jhereg   series 

Raymond Feists  Riftwar series 

The Darwath Trilogy by Barbra Hambly 

1. Time of the Dark

2.The Walls of Air

3. The Armies of Daylight 

Archived