Football: Reds Rising!!

AncalagonTheBlack

Commentator: "it's a perfect advertisement for the Premier League". What? Having shitty refereeing? 

You just know that people love when Pep loses so they can say "lol, welcome to the Premier League!" It's a more acceptable form of the "rainy day at Stoke" thing.

42 minutes ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Never!! I still have hope! :D

eta: good thing i missed the live match as i had to pickup a friend from the airport.Going by the comments here,it seems the whole team was dire today.Any bright spots at all? :(

Firmino scored a couple after his long drought on the left wing, but otherwise pretty abject all around. 

12 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

Firmino scored a couple after his long drought on the left wing, but otherwise pretty abject all around. 

There is still time for Klopp to buy some players in this window.Surely after today's performance at home,he must be thinking that the defensive weakness is still there,even after keeping a few clean sheets recently.This is our Achilles heel that needs to be fixed ASAP.Waiting till the summer would be a huge gamble cause we could loose the CL spot.

4 hours ago, Mexal said:

He's really good. 

Great weekend for Arsenal so far. They need to beat Burnley tomorrow to take advantage.

Burnley have the worst away record in the league. One point, three goals scored, and twenty conceded in nine games. You just know we're gonna fuck it up.

4 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Burnley have the worst away record in the league. One point, three goals scored, and twenty conceded in nine games. You just know we're gonna fuck it up.

Liverpool were salivating at Swansea's record too.  But Arsenal don't have the Keystone Cops capacity of Liverpool at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Iskaral Pust said:

Liverpool were salivating at Swansea's record too.  But Arsenal don't have the Keystone Cops capacity of Liverpool at the moment. 

Key phrase, "at the moment". With Arsenal, it can emerge at any time without warning.

Burnley's table position is actually pretty good. If we can win, we will pick up points on all the top teams (except maybe Chelsea). Such a good opportunity, I just know it's going to get wasted in a game we dominate and don't take our chances.

4 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Yeah - I was just going to say, it's only a good weekend for us if we win! 

At least Alexis will be playing up front ( I think) 

Leicester are a shadow of the side of last season. Southampton bossed the game from start to finish and could have scored five or six. It should have been at least 4-0 since they had a goal wrongfully disallowed. Ward-Prowse had a great game. His deliveries were brilliant.

I didn't watch today, but Ward-Prowse is a fantastic player who really needs to be playing for a team who suits his style more than Southampton do, because ever since Poccetino arrived there they've not been as keen on his brand of long-passing and crossing, even through the subsequent managers- he has become a better player through the experience and Pouel seems a little more open to it but he'd still be better off elsewhere. Be a pretty decent underdog contender to replace Payet at West Ham, for example. Or stick him in Palace's side and watch him lob crosses onto Benteke's head all day.

Arsenal game is pretty dull. Stone Cold Sean Dyche will be happy with that so far, though.

Just now, Rorshach said:

Xhaka isn't really the brightest player. "Please, ref, send me off" when you're 1-0 up? Just idiotic.

Terrible tackle born from a terrible play. Fucking stupid. Second time Jon Moss has sent off Xhaka this season.

Archived