Football: Reds Rising!!

AncalagonTheBlack

2 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

Granit Xhaka might be quite a good player but man, he's a fucking liability with his rash challenges.

Yes. We knew this when we signed him. He did the same thing in Germany.

That being said, his ability to ping the ball all over the place and pass through the lines is something we don't have on the team without Cazorla. The side will suffer over the next 4 games. And if Ramsey/Coquelin gets hurt, we have no one left at CM.

Not the case in this particular incident, but Xhaka's reputation doesn't help. The previous red he received and penalty he conceded were rather soft, but the referees know his poor disciplinary record from Germany just as well as everyone else and are more likely to perceive his challenges as dangerous fouls.

35 minutes ago, Horse of Kent said:

Not the case in this particular incident, but Xhaka's reputation doesn't help. 

Xhaka still remains the only player to be sent off for a 'cynical' foul - that is a rule that I haven't seen applied to *any* other game this season. 

He's an idiot for today though. 

Scared my dog when that Alexis goal went in 

7 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

Yeah it was clear. Video technology for offside should be considered at this point 

Yea it was. Somewhat tough for an official on the far side to get right though. He had to see through the mass of bodies to the far side of the field for when the ball was kicked and just after it was kicked, Koscielny went up and the rest of the defense went back so looked like he was onsides. I can see an official getting that wrong half the time.

Still the guy kicked him in the face.

Archived