Football: Reds Rising!!

AncalagonTheBlack

City are playing with more energy in the 2nd half but have not really put Liverpool's defense under pressure. Interesting tactics from Klopp - not going for the usual high press; instead allowing City possession up to a certain point before initiating the press. So far it has worked and Liverpool have looked comfortable defensively although there has been some sloppiness in the 2nd half.

Quite happy with our performance today.  Thoroughly deserved the win and as has been the case recently we are getting the results our performances deserve. Should have won more comfortably though.

wow that was a scrappy and nervy game from both teams.Really like Klavan,solid guy.Maybe he has a twin so we could put him in place of Lovren? :P

Great way to end the year,3 very important points against a rival.Hoping Arsenal and Tottenham drop points tomorrow!

eta: wow,just saw a stat that Aguero had 0 touches in the our box in 90 minutes! Great defending from the team.

1-0 games are bloody rare for us but we took it well.  The amount of sloppy play is a concern and cost us some goal opportunities but our overall set-up was the right approach for this opponent. 

I wonder how we'll rotate for Sunderland, less than 48 hours away.  Surely Sturridge needs to play.  

That's four consecutive wins.  Hopefully Coutinho and Matip return soon because we have a lot of games ahead. 

More regarding our game against 'Boro: Pogba and Martial were excellent. Especially good to see Martial put in a performance like that given that the left side of our attack (and defense) hasn't been nearly as good as our right. I'm glad that 'Boro scored first and we had to come from behind. Those last 10-15 minutes really rolled the clock back to the days under Fergie. We just need to get Shaw back and playing regularly.

Looks increasingly likely that Schneiderlin and Depay will be sold in January. Not too disappointed about Depay as it seems like that kid has a shitty attitude but Schneiderlin leaving would be a disappointment as I think he would be an ideal replacement for Carrick but has not been given a proper run of games.

I do think Depay has a future, it's just not with us. Despite some apparent stuff in the Dutch papers in the last couple of weeks, I don't really see too much wrong with his attitude or work ethic (if anything, he tries too hard when he does get minutes), he just hasn't been able to deliver what we need, especially to a level to oust what as Mourinho has pointed out is a very high level of competition in his exact role.

I wouldn't blame him for leaving the Prem and trying his luck somewhere else, but Everton are rumoured to be interested and I'd like to see him somewhere like there, I think he'd be a good fit for the way Koemann likes to play.

14 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

I'll never understand how such a technically gifted player can be so weak at shooting

Ozil's pretty much the same - he can't seem to strike the ball cleanly at all in front of goal. It's honestly more of a surprise when he does end up putting it in the back of the net. Mind you, Firminho is miles ahead of Ozil when it comes to finishing. 

That's quite a lot of space to give Harry Kane in the box.

ETA: On the other hand the ball in for the second goal was excellent. Looks like game over already. Oh well, at least Spurs look quite good before they play Chelsea.

Archived