Football: Reds Rising!!

AncalagonTheBlack

Mkhitaryan is definitely 1st choice on the right and Martial/Rashford used in rotation on the left. Rashford/Rooney can rotate with Zlatan up top should he need a rest. Mata and Lingard should be used off the bench and which of them comes on would depend on what the match situation requires. Lingard if you need a runner and Mata if you need someone who can control possession and distribute the ball well.

I was disappointed that either Rashford or Martial didn't start down the left today. Lingard has done well recently but both Rashford and Martial offer more than he does. Darmian was poor once again. Don't know what Blind has done wrong but he is a much better option than Darmian at LB. We need Shaw back and soon.

14 hours ago, Consigliere said:

I was disappointed that either Rashford or Martial didn't start down the left today. Lingard has done well recently but both Rashford and Martial offer more than he does. Darmian was poor once again. Don't know what Blind has done wrong but he is a much better option than Darmian at LB. We need Shaw back and soon.

I was disappointed that Lingaard played over both Martial and Rashford as well.

Blind was injured apparently, hence not being included in the squad. I'd certainly take him over Darmian.

Bellerin was made to look utterly incompetent out there by this Fraser charachter, whom I've never really heard of. Shame for Bournemouth that he had to come off - his pace troubled Arsenal no end. After he went off, they didn't threaten until after the equalizer.

Arsenal was really poor for most of the game but deserve credit for staging that comeback. Great finish by Perez for the second. Bournemouth threw that game away, although the red card was very harsh. They play good football and can cause anyone trouble going forward but they leak goals.

Just hearing that Hull have sacked Mike Phelan. Not sure what more he could have done with a small, average squad and no money to spend. Any manager coming in is going to be faced with the same problems and no money to try and improve the squad.

4 minutes ago, Rorshach said:

Bellerin was made to look utterly incompetent out there by this Fraser charachter, whom I've never really heard of. Shame for Bournemouth that he had to come off - his pace troubled Arsenal no end. After he went off, they didn't threaten until after the equalizer.

Seems like he's just started coming into the side in December. I didn't pay attention at the time but a google says he was involved in all three of Bournemouth's goal against Liverpool. Looks like one with a future.

Sacking Phelan is very harsh. I mean, their form is terrible, but a lot of the games are a lot closer than they could be given the actual quality and depth they have.

40 minutes ago, Rorshach said:

Worst game I've seen from Bellerin in the past year. Just an off game. 

Arsenal do their best to cheer up Liverpool fans.  Nice bunch of guys.  Let's hope Spurs can help us out too.

Araenal play utter shit for an hour and manage to rescue an unlikely draw partially thanks to a very soft red card.  Liverpool were tired and sloppy but almost won their game and only conceded through two! (2) penalties (if we got even half the penalties we should...).  And yet Arsenal fans seem ebullient about their comeback while Liverpool fans are despondent about their slip-up.  I guess it goes back to a last-goal-wins mentality. 

I thought Cech was fortunate not to give up a penalty tonight but Benteke was absolutely robbed to not get one as Palace lost.  Video replay is needed badly for the refs. 

Good news for Arsenal is that Giroud has been in very productive form just when you usually collapse.  Bellerin's horror show should be a one-off but Xhaka conceding a dangerous foul has all the hallmarks of a Lucas-like habit. 

Not sure Arsenal fans are ebullient. Happy we rescued a point sure, but mostly depressed we dropped 2 points and played like shit.

Xhaka was like this in Germany. Think he had 4-6 red cards. Not the brightest on the pitch but his distribution is exceptional.

13 hours ago, Iskaral Pust said:

And yet Arsenal fans seem ebullient about their comeback while Liverpool fans are despondent about their slip-up.  I

I've seen this reaction almost nowhere online. 

Pretty disappointing - sigh - can't praise the 'character' of this team at all. Couldn't do it when it mattered. 

1 hour ago, Raja said:

I've seen this reaction almost nowhere online.

I received a few texts from gooner friends after Giroud's equalizer, happy to point out their recovery was the inverse of Liverpool's recent collapse at the same ground.  My social circle may be more knee-jerking than the average bear.

31 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

I received a few texts from gooner friends after Giroud's equalizer, happy to point out their recovery was the inverse of Liverpool's recent collapse at the same ground.  My social circle may be more knee-jerking than the average bear.

Fair. Arsenal twitter was unhappy with the performance and felt it was still another "same old Arsenal" situation, which it was.

Archived