Veltigar

Vikings XI: Aelle's Anaconda don't want none unless you got buns hun [SPOILERS]

262 posts in this topic

On 20-1-2018 at 2:04 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

I got to mid-4b after stopping a few episodes into 4b. Heard about Ragnar dying and decided that was a nice, natural cut off point if I could reach it. Reading this thread killed any desire I had to come back though :P 

Ragnar's death was quite emotional imo. I'm glad I was able to stick it out until that point. Everything I saw afterwards was pretty terrible, but I'm glad that I gave Fimmel's electric performance it's due :) 

Still, they messed up so many stuff. I can't believe this season was able to achieve such a high quality in its second season and then lose its way so completely. And it's pretty much all Hirst's fault imo. The actors and the visual storytelling remained completely on point, but the plot and the dialogue just descended into madness. Even in 4a, this show was able to produce this scene and this one which I think are amongst the most brilliant scenes I have ever seen. They should have doubled down on those and not the pointless court intrigues and endless detours. 

I'm very sad that season 5 turned out even worse by all accounts. I simply don't have the energy to commit myself back to seeing it. Luckily, this thread is still active so that I can keep up without having to sit through the episode by myself.    

5 hours ago, Veltigar said:

Ragnar's death was quite emotional imo. I'm glad I was able to stick it out until that point. Everything I saw afterwards was pretty terrible, but I'm glad that I gave Fimmel's electric performance it's due :) 

Still, they messed up so many stuff. I can't believe this season was able to achieve such a high quality in its second season and then lose its way so completely. And it's pretty much all Hirst's fault imo. The actors and the visual storytelling remained completely on point, but the plot and the dialogue just descended into madness. Even in 4a, this show was able to produce this scene and this one which I think are amongst the most brilliant scenes I have ever seen. They should have doubled down on those and not the pointless court intrigues and endless detours. 

I'm very sad that season 5 turned out even worse by all accounts. I simply don't have the energy to commit myself back to seeing it. Luckily, this thread is still active so that I can keep up without having to sit through the episode by myself.    

I actually found Ragnar’s death very meh. But then I just had lost all interest in the show at that point. Fimmel was brilliant as always but the rest was just a bit bleh for me