NFL Week 17: Playoffs for Some, Miniature Improvement in Draft Picks for Others!

Maithanet

Looking at the odds it looks like Brady will miss out on MVP again, is there any info about how many votes non winners got in any given year? How many times has he been 2nd or 3rd (if this info exists). It seems to me like 2 MVP's is incredibly few, he seems to be in the conversation every year.  

12 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Looking at the odds it looks like Brady will miss out on MVP again, is there any info about how many votes non winners got in any given year? How many times has he been 2nd or 3rd (if this info exists). It seems to me like 2 MVP's is incredibly few, he seems to be in the conversation every year.  

Call me superstitious, but the MVP's team has not won the Super Bowl this century. That's right, 1999 MVP Kurt Warner was the last regular season MVP to win a championship the same year he got the award. 

I think about these things because I remember how Gillette crowds used to taint Peyton Manning with "MVP!" chants years ago. So yeah, not going to get worked up over Brady missing out on the award.

4 hours ago, Maithanet said:

Well the NFL offered $300 million to help pay for stadium upgrades.  The initial plan was for the stadium to be built for $1 billion dollars, and the city of San Diego offered the $180 million in land for free.  Apparently that wasn't enough though.  He wanted to pay $600 million for the privilege of owning the fifth most popular football team in LA, after the Rams, Trojans, Bruins and Raiders. 

Sixth... The Cowboys are more popular than the Bolts in LA as well because they held training camp there for a couple of decades.

Apparently the Chiefs-Steelers game has been moved from 1pm to 8:20pm ET to avoid an ice storm.  That is annoying, I am tired of staying up late for football games. 

Also, for those worried about the Chargers logo, fear not, it has been updated.

Who are the marketing wizards who came up with that new version?  I hope they got a bonus.  That kind of vision requires true genius, not to mention proficiency with Microsoft Paint. 

2 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Also, for those worried about the Chargers logo, fear not, it has been updated.

Who are the marketing wizards who came up with that new version?  I hope they got a bonus.  That kind of require requires true genius, not to mention proficiency with Microsoft Paint. 

Have the Chargers always been this much of a joke organization-wise? Or has the relocation fight and their maddening losses finally thrown them into higgledy-piggledy? It's enough to make LaDainian Tomlinson cry.

6 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Have the Chargers always been this much of a joke organization-wise? Or has the relocation fight and their maddening losses finally thrown them into higgledy-piggledy? It's enough to make LaDainian Tomlinson cry.

They once fired their coach after a 14-2 season. You tell me.

46 minutes ago, Maithanet said:
31 minutes ago, Fez said:

They once fired their coach after a 14-2 season. You tell me.

Every team makes stupid coaching decisions. Firing Marty wasn't as dumb as the 49ers firing Harbaugh, plus the Bills and the Rex Ryan circus show that the Chargers have plenty of company there. But the "cut off our nose to spite San Diego's face" relocation plan and the inability to even roll out an updated logo without becoming a multi-day joke is something special.

According to Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee, former 49ers coach Jim Tomsula is on the Redskins' "radar."

The Redskins are in the process of filling out their coaching staff after losing two of their coordinators in the last week. It's unclear what position they're considering Tomsula for, though we're guessing it would be as some sort of defensive assistant. Tomsula was out of the league last season after leading San Francisco to a disappointing 5-11 finish in 2015.

The memes coming out of San Diego add "ST" to the "LA" part of the new logo.

The Chargers organization has seldom been well-run.  Their drafts are atrocious.  Not Cleveland bad, but bad. 

During the Fouts heyday, they spent numerous first-round picks on defensive busts. 

Being a sports fan from San Diego is a curse.  The Padres are even worse.  They are the team that fired Bruce Bochy because he can't win the big one...

Le'veon Bell, the Steph Curry of the NFL. While I admit that is running style is unorthodox, he isn't changing shit until others emulate that style. I think it was a very egotistical statement. But, I do love his style and he's my favorite back in the league. Add in his catching abilities and I do think he is the best in the NFL. I think the last team anyone wants to face right now is the Steelers, and I have them winning the SB. Beating B&B at Foxboro and beating the Falcons in the Super Bowl. 

3 hours ago, Week said:

According to Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee, former 49ers coach Jim Tomsula is on the Redskins' "radar."

The Redskins are in the process of filling out their coaching staff after losing two of their coordinators in the last week. It's unclear what position they're considering Tomsula for, though we're guessing it would be as some sort of defensive assistant. Tomsula was out of the league last season after leading San Francisco to a disappointing 5-11 finish in 2015.

Honestly, I get the interest. The NFL is all about versatility and who is more versatile than Jimmy "Soup" Tomsula

Joey Porter is reinstated for this weekend's game. Once again gives credence that Tomlin is all talk. He does the same thing with the idiotic TD celebrations that result in penalties. Go out and act like and idiot, Tomlin shows you his dour face for his press conference, couple strong quotes like 'men will be accountable for their actions on and off the battlefield', yada yada. He then goes on to show no credibility when the same actions repeat themselves and he looks the other way.

9 minutes ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Joey Porter is reinstated for this weekend's game. Once again gives credence that Tomlin is all talk. He does the same thing with the idiotic TD celebrations that result in penalties. Go out and act like and idiot, Tomlin shows you his dour face for his press conference, couple strong quotes like 'men will be accountable for their actions on and off the battlefield', yada yada. He then goes on to show no credibility when the same actions repeat themselves and he looks the other way.

You have to lead by example for starters...

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/blogs//tomlin-dancing-11292013.jpg

I think it's safe to say this team is more or less a mirror image of its' Head Coach. 

On January 13, 2017 at 2:18 PM, BigFatCoward said:

If so, they ought to name it the Steve Young award. I think he was top 3 literally every season he started.

3 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

You have to lead by example for starters...

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/blogs//tomlin-dancing-11292013.jpg

I think it's safe to say this team is more or less a mirror image of its' Head Coach. 

Yeah man he's an ass. Looking beyond the strategic element of being a head coach, Tomlin is god awful at managing human beings and personalities. He likes to act the hammer but wilts every time it really matters.

Archived