A Song of Ice and Fire: The Animated Series

k i n g

23 hours ago, The hairy bear said:

I'm very dubious. The comics were a very faithful adaptation, and were divided in 6 issues per novella (150 pages per novella in total). I can't see how you could make an adaptation with more than six episodes without making up additional material.

Then we'll just take two novella and make them into one season. Even anime seasons can be broken up into multiple arcs.

On 1/1/2017 at 7:46 PM, k i n g said:

Doesn't an animated series of A Song of Ice and Fire that is a 100% direct adaptation sound like an incredibly good idea?

When I say animated I'm not talking about anime or some Disneyland, dumbed down for kids type of show here. I'm thinking more a long the lines or a serious, more adult adaptation. I could easily see a well done series like this going well into 250-300 episodes. They could follow the entire story and release this like books. Book 1 and book 2 on a special Blu-ray DVD.

I'd love to see books come to life in it's complete entirety in some form, ASOIAF would make an awesome animated series. Especially because we wouldn't need to worry about VFX budgets anymore and quite frankly you could arguably get away with so much more with an animated series. It'd be a great alternative for the fans, and newcomers alike.

tumblr_npvfyyRhT01spgvw5o1_1280.jpg

Actually, there is a cartoon of the TOJ scene online. I could go for the whole series being just like that

On 10/01/2017 at 8:03 PM, The Great and Mighty Poo said:

I'm an adult; I watch anime. However, you are right Japan is not likely to adept Western books.

Nothing against anime, but such sentiment does indeed exist. 

Anyway, if Harry Potter didn't get an animated show, then ASOIAF has no chance.

22 hours ago, Dofs said:

Nothing against anime, but such sentiment does indeed exist. 

Anyway, if Harry Potter didn't get an animated show, then ASOIAF has no chance.

I would imagine Studios have probably been watering at the mouth to cash in more on Harry Potter...

Archived