Star Wars: Episode VIII predictions

Disney/Lucasfilm released a statement on the rumours about digitally re-creating Carrie Fisher.

"We don’t normally respond to fan or press speculation, but there is a rumor circulating that we would like to address. We want to assure our fans that Lucasfilm has no plans to digitally recreate Carrie Fisher’s performance as Princess or General Leia Organa.

Carrie Fisher was, is, and always will be a part of the Lucasfilm family. She was our princess, our general, and more importantly, our friend. We are still hurting from her loss. We cherish her memory and legacy as Princess Leia, and will always strive to honor everything she gave to Star Wars."

On 03/01/2017 at 1:57 PM, Joe Pesci said:

Yeah, I'd like to steer clear of any cloning coming whatsoever. I'll take a Force wipe of Rey's memory any day over clones.

Here's a good article debunking the Sabine is Obi-wans' daughter rumors

How old was Satine 'nephew' anyone know? Did he die on the clone wars? 

If the age fits with when obi wan first met Satine when he was still training under qui gon.. I could buy the nephew being obi Wan and Satines son that Satine kept secret. If the nephew survives then I could consider rey being a desendant?

I think rey being related to Palpatine would be a great twist. Unsure how that could work. I don't like the cloning ideas. If Palpatine had secret or unknown family that would be intresting. 

On 04/01/2017 at 6:54 AM, Astromech said:

Don't forget being frozen in carbonite.

I really hope they don't go the clone route. Luke's hand makes sense for cloning purposes, however, Rey being unrelated to the usual suspects mentioned around the interwebs would be my preference.

The only redemption I care to see this trilogy is Luke's. I actually enjoy the Kylo Ren character and want him to continue embracing the dark side and furthering along its path.

I'm also just as interested in Snoke's identity as Rey's.

Yes I am intrested yo learn about snoke. With his age he was obviously alive in the days if Palpatine, did they know each other? 

On 05/01/2017 at 7:58 AM, Lord Sidious said:

Him turning to the light would be the best thing for him, as he's proven himself terribly incapable of competency on the dark.

His only saving grace is he is a Knight of Ren, the Sith accept no responsibility for him.

Agree sid

On 07/01/2017 at 2:25 AM, Martell Spy said:

True, but I've yet to see any indication that he is aware. And if he is aware why is he both worshiping Vader and pursuing the dark side at once? Perhaps there's some explanation, but his behavior doesn't seem to match with him knowing about the redemption. Actually I suspect he thinks Luke killed him. Perhaps Luke said something about defeating him or the like.

Hopefully more light on this will come in the next episode. Maybe Snoke's background and involvement will explain it.

Kylo is a silly confused boy. Anakin would be ashamed 

On 07/01/2017 at 4:55 PM, Stannis is the man....nis said:
  Hide contents

Actually he does know in a extended scene with Ren and Snoke when talking about Han Solo:

"It was neither poor strategy nor arrogance that brought down the Empire. You know too well what did.”

Ren nodded once. “Sentiment.”

“Yes. Such a simple thing. Such a foolish error of judgment. A momentary lapse in an otherwise exemplary life. Had Lord Vader not succumbed to emotion at the crucial moment—had the father killed the son—the Empire would have prevailed. And there would be no threat of Skywalker’s return today.”

http://collider.com/star-wars-the-force-awakens-supreme-leader-snoke-theories-andy-serkis/

I haven't had time to read the link yet but surely snoke is talking smack to wind up Kylo only, I doubt Palpatine would have survived the death star exploding. And Snoke was never shown or mentioned by Palpatine. Surely if Palpatine lived that wouldn't have given snoke the opportunity to take over?

On 07/01/2017 at 11:46 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

Isn't that incorrect anyway? Even had Vader not turned on the Emperor, the Empire would still have crumbled. The Death Star would still have been destroyed and the Emperor killed

Exactly wat I think

On 09/01/2017 at 10:51 AM, Astromech said:

Now that the life debt has been paid, he can reunite with Malla and Lumpy :)

Hope scratchy is still kicking around too xx

17 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

Disney/Lucasfilm released a statement on the rumours about digitally re-creating Carrie Fisher.

"We don’t normally respond to fan or press speculation, but there is a rumor circulating that we would like to address. We want to assure our fans that Lucasfilm has no plans to digitally recreate Carrie Fisher’s performance as Princess or General Leia Organa.

Carrie Fisher was, is, and always will be a part of the Lucasfilm family. She was our princess, our general, and more importantly, our friend. We are still hurting from her loss. We cherish her memory and legacy as Princess Leia, and will always strive to honor everything she gave to Star Wars."

Thank the maker!

On 07/01/2017 at 4:55 PM, Stannis is the man....nis said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Actually he does know in a extended scene with Ren and Snoke when talking about Han Solo:

"It was neither poor strategy nor arrogance that brought down the Empire. You know too well what did.”

Ren nodded once. “Sentiment.”

“Yes. Such a simple thing. Such a foolish error of judgment. A momentary lapse in an otherwise exemplary life. Had Lord Vader not succumbed to emotion at the crucial moment—had the father killed the son—the Empire would have prevailed. And there would be no threat of Skywalker’s return today.”

http://collider.com/star-wars-the-force-awakens-supreme-leader-snoke-theories-andy-serkis/

I'll be pissed if they make out snoke to be a Munn. He looks nothing like a Munn http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Muun

I'd be hugely dissapointed if he is made to be plagius or Palpatine. Plagius would be rediclous, as why would he hide in the shadows if Palpatine didn't really kill him all those years ago?

Snoke is bobba Fett? :rofl:

On 14/01/2017 at 2:39 AM, ab aeterno said:

recast looks more likely and probably the best way to go if Leia has a big part in IX

Regarding Kylo appearing to be in the dark about Vader's redemption we need to remember that Luke is a Jedi and therefore it's part of his make-up to not give out really useful information to their apprentices. I'm surprised Kylo even knows who is grandfather is. Come to think of it maybe Luke will just tell Rey "be careful who you kiss as I'm not telling you who your parents are. The galaxy can be very small"

It would be nice if we got to see "the knights of ren" in more than a flashback in the next film. What do they do? Are they enforcers? do they hunt down force-users? Are they feared throughout the galaxy? How many of them are there? etc, etc

2 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

A more powerful Lord of the Sith would've foreseen Kylo and had Leia sterilized when he had her in captivity. 

Have you ever tried foreseeing things with a hangover?, my vision was a little clouded when Leia was in captivity, I was out with Tarkin celebrating the imminent test of the Death Stars planet destroying capabilities.

• 2 weeks later...

Calling it now:

Episode IX: The Previous Title

No, I mean:
Episode IX: The Prodigal Son

Which does make sense when you consider Skywalker family history working in cycles. Light to dark to light to dark and back to light again. (Yes, this has been raised in previous threads before.)

ETA: The trailer came out last October! Ok, not the official trailer, but that guy called it. #holdthedoor

1 hour ago, mormont said:

I feel it's lacking a verb but otherwise an ok title in that it hints at the story.

And it doesn't matter if it's not the last Jedi because it's well established that Jedi census taking is wildly inaccurate (or the reports at least are)

14 minutes ago, red snow said:

And it doesn't matter if it's not the last Jedi because it's well established that Jedi census taking is wildly inaccurate (or the reports at least are)

You say inaccurate, others say it's true, from a certain point of view. The Jedi were into alternative facts long before it was cool.

1 minute ago, Jon AS said:

You say inaccurate, others say it's true, from a certain point of view. The Jedi were into alternative facts long before it was cool.

From an epistemological point of view, "facts" are somewhat difficult concepts. All "facts" are relative. 

Considering VI was 'Return of the Jedi' it does seem kinda silly that by VIII we're at 'The Last Jedi.' But I guess it makes sense in context of the established premises of VII.

Archived