Star Wars: Episode VIII predictions

I didn't want to be the one to tell you, but it's time you knew the truth. It wasn't Sand People that murdered your aunt and uncle. It was Big Moisture. 

Big Moisture had been buying up all of the smaller moisture farms in the area and your aunt and uncle were the only holdouts. No matter how much Big Moisture offered, your aunt and uncle refused to sell. Finally Big Moisture hired thugs to scare them off the land. Things escalated and your aunt and uncle wound up dead. They framed the Sand People in order to avoid murder charges. 

Just now, A True Kaniggit said:

I didn't want to be the one to tell you, but it's time you knew the truth. It wasn't Sand People that murdered your aunt and uncle. It was Big Moisture. 

Big Moisture had been buying up all of the smaller moisture farms in the area and your aunt and uncle were the only holdouts. No matter how much Big Moisture offered, your aunt and uncle refused to sell. Finally Big Moisture hired thugs to scare them off the land. Things escalated and your aunt and uncle wound up dead. They framed the Sand People in order to avoid murder charges. 

This is either the origin story for Manhole the Super Hero or the beginning of a mash up of Dune/The Pelican Brief.

13 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

GODDAMMIT! Does this mean I have to stop murdering Sand People? 

6 hours ago, Rhom said:

This is either the origin story for Manhole the Super Hero or the beginning of a mash up of Dune/The Pelican Brief.

5 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

GODDAMMIT! Does this mean I have to stop murdering Sand People? 

I am cooyrighting the naming rights now.

EUNUCHSBANE: Manhole Rising 

[Tagline]  Blood Doesn't Vaporize 

17 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Goddammit, I like it! Have your people call my people. We'll do that lunch thing.

Well, it looks like moisture evaporators may pay off for you in the end after all. See if you can lock down Nicole Kidman to play your Aunt in the movie. She's got a lot of heat on her now since the Lion Oscar nom and Big Little Lies.

7 minutes ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

Well, it looks like moisture evaporators may pay off for you in the end after all. See if you can lock down Nicole Kidman to play your Aunt in the movie. She's got a lot of heat on her now since the Lion Oscar nom and Big Little Lies.

I spent all morning and into the late afternoon manually switching all the collectors to vaporate mode as opposed to evaporate. CURSE YOU BIG MOISTURE!

I'm hoping this adjustment results in a profit margin that will allow me to purchase that R5 unit the next time the jawas shuttle through. 

Going to roll with the working theory that the Sand People are in cahoots with BIG MOISTURE for the time being, as I don't think I can break my murderous habit cold turkey. Baby steps.

8 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I spent all morning and into the late afternoon manually switching all the collectors to vaporate mode as opposed to evaporate. CURSE YOU BIG MOISTURE!

I'm hoping this adjustment results in a profit margin that will allow me to purchase that R5 unit the next time the jawas shuttle through. 

Going to roll with the working theory that the Sand People are in cahoots with BIG MOISTURE for the time being, as I don't think I can break my murderous habit cold turkey. Baby steps.

Glad you're getting those vaporators actually vaporating! Knowing is half the battle.

And definitely take a break from the killing enough to at least lock down a treatment of your life story. Regardless of any doubts, I suggest keeping Big Moisture as the shadow murderers pulling the strings of the Sand People. Those leftist Rebellion types eat that shit up. It'll make millions of credits.

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

My studio is a business of conscious and will not encourage the funneling of money to Jawas. I'm afraid our deal must be put on hold.

11 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Just to make you feel better, the Empire wants your tax return filed, there's unfortunately a 5% rise, building Death Stars isn't cheap.

I suppose I'd be more excited if the script hadn't leaked, Mark Hamill hadn't come out and said the character of Luke has been essentially destroyed, or basically if I thought  they would even try to make a thematic resonance between this one and 2 and 5 instead of a straight copy (Abrams certainly failed at that in 7)

2 hours ago, Slurktan said:

I suppose I'd be more excited if the script hadn't leaked, Mark Hamill hadn't come out and said the character of Luke has been essentially destroyed, or basically if I thought  they would even try to make a thematic resonance between this one and 2 and 5 instead of a straight copy (Abrams certainly failed at that in 7)

This is such a tired trend... I have now seen A Force Awakens 97 times, and it most certainly isn't a "copy" of the original Star Wars.  Also, if your complaint is that it is too much like the greatest movie ever made, your argument is weak to begin with, not to mention inaccurate. This is a Star Wars news day. Feel free to pass it up if you don't like the movies. 

Speaking of news... There was very little mention of the Han Solo movie today at D23. I am thinking at this point that we will probably get an announcement in the next few months that it will be pushed back. The good news is that this December looks like it is going to have and amazing and emotional movie released.  I teared up today seeing the behind the scenes Carrie Fisher footage.

1 minute ago, Howdyphillip said:

This is such a tired trend... I have now seen A Force Awakens 97 times, and it most certainly isn't a "copy" of the original Star Wars.  Also, if your complaint is that it is too much like the greatest movie ever made, your argument is weak to begin with, not to mention inaccurate. This is a Star Wars news day. Feel free to pass it up if you don't like the movies. 

Eh, I have the same fear as Slurktan. I want something much more original than TFA, and I hope this movie is that. Just to clarify, I enjoyed TFA, but by the final act, the symmetry between it and A New Hope got to be a bit jarring. It is a viable criticism, methinks.

Archived