Star Wars: Episode VIII predictions

10 hours ago, Myrddin said:

The All-New Order is coming up next!

All New All Different Order Now (to be rebranded in 6 months). Good thing Disney influences Marvel comics rther than the other way around.

• 3 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

On the French poster of The Last Jedi, Jedi is treated as a plural word. Les Derniers Jedi

https://moviepilot.com/p/star-wars-8-the-last-jedi-is-plural-confirmed/4209679

Same in Spanish and German

See, this is exactly what I meant a bit back about Yoda and co having less wiggle room with their cryptic comments in other languages.

I was reading an inverse issue with a character from "Attack on Titan" who many think is gender neutral. In Japan they apparently don't bother with assigning gender to a person as much as rank meaning the gender of the character is open to interpretation. However in English and many other languages the character has to be referred to as he/she/it causing confusion. Apparently the US versions have corrected future prints to avoid assigning gender to the character in question at the behest of the creator.

Long story short - I'm sure they got clarification for the plural from Disney.

I was a having a less-than-sober conversation just a few days ago, when my friend mentioned the title, and insisted that Luke would die and Rey is going to be the (singular) last Jedi. I said "Why can't it be plural?" and we had one of those terrific stoner moments of quiet introspection. As in, we both went "Whoah!" a la Keanu, before the conversation veered back toward the inevitable food plans.

Odd thing is, the pluralizing hadn't occurred to me until that moment. 

• 1 month later...

Saw something online that says the Ep VIII trailer is supposed to come out today after noon EST following the movie's panel at the Star Wars Celebration.

So it sounds like it's Luke himself who wants the Jedi Order to end. Not an invalid POV (they did royally screw everything up for 50+ years beforehand).

Looks like there'll be more space battles (well, obvs) and what looks like AT-ATs versus Pod Racers? Weird.

First reaction: really pretty. Loved the way what appeared to be the surface of a planet at the start was revealed to be - or merged into - the surface of a boulder that Rey was collapsing on. Loved the red smoke against the desert backdrop. 

Was Finn being evacuated while still unconscious? An attack on the resistance base appears to be looming. 

When I heard the voice-over, "It is time for the Jedi to end" I thought it was Adam Driver's voice. But then we saw what appeared to be Mark Hamill, so apparently my ears aren't up to much.

Wasn't sure if the crushed mask was Vader's or Ren's. Either way, could symbolise a face-heel turn/some kind of setback for Ren? Or if Vader's it could tie into my favourite theory, the Rey-is-Anakin-reborn theory. But it looked as if the wires were more typical of the design of the Kylo Ren mask. 

Now I'm going to watch again and notice more details. I found Rogue One a yawn fest, but I'm already looking forward to Ep VIII. 

Archived