Watch, Watched, Watching: There are 17,000 new TV shows to watch and I have the weekend

Howdyphillip

Just now, Mark Antony said:

Not that surprising coming from Ol Mel

Super pleased to see John Wick 2 getting tons of love. Gonna try and get out and see it asap. 

I enjoyed Hacksaw Ridge. I get his point, somewhat, but overall I thought it was a good movie based on a great story.

I made it through the first season of The Magicians. I enjoyed it. Pretty decent characters, the plot is interesting enough, visually fun to look at. I'll keep watching. 

To all who have watched The Hundred, would you recommend? I read positive stuff online about the show. Just looking for a firsthand opinion.

1 hour ago, Kalbear said:

I liked the 100. First season is slower but has some truly big gotcha moments. Season 2 is where it really hits it's moral and story strides. It's quite brutal and difficult.

I thought season 2 was good, but the third season was disappointing.

4 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

Not that surprising coming from Ol Mel

Huh? Braveheart and Apocalypto are both amazing. Never seen Passion of the Christ. Anyway don't listen to one negative review. Everyone I've talked to that's seen Hacksaw Ridge has ranged between liking it to loving it. I fall more in the latter. I haven't seen people that moved coming out of a movie in a long time. 

Watched Birdman last night. I thought it was fantastic and really wished I'd seen it at the pictures. Interesting to see it soon after Victoria actually, which is an actual single take film, vs Birdman which just wants you to think it's a single take. Anyway, I might even watch it again, I enjoyed it so much.

Binge watched peaky blinders series 1 and 2.  Really enjoyed it, though again wonder why the other half finds violent lunatics so attractive, especially Cillian Murphy who before this i would have said was quite a peculiar looking fella. 

Really looking forward to Taboo now, though might wait a couple of weeks until its finished so i can do it all in one go.  Also finally gotten around to the man in the high castle which i'm finding excellent through first 3 episodes.  

Really looking forward to Iron Fist, it comes out on 17th March apparently, which is when i fly out on a 12 hour flight for my holiday, I fly at 10:00, so not sure i will be able to download it before i leave home at around 0600, do netflix normally upload at midnight?

I am saving Peaky Blinders up, maybe for the next time I'm at home sick or a bank holiday weekend or something. And, yes, definitely wait for Taboo to finish because it is an effort doing it week to week.

2 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Binge watched peaky blinders series 1 and 2.  Really enjoyed it, though again wonder why the other half finds violent lunatics so attractive, especially Cillian Murphy who before this i would have said was quite a peculiar looking fella. 

Really looking forward to Taboo now, though might wait a couple of weeks until its finished so i can do it all in one go.  Also finally gotten around to the man in the high castle which i'm finding excellent through first 3 episodes.  

Really looking forward to Iron Fist, it comes out on 17th March apparently, which is when i fly out on a 12 hour flight for my holiday, I fly at 10:00, so not sure i will be able to download it before i leave home at around 0600, do netflix normally upload at midnight?

Peaky Blinders season 3 maintains the quality IMO, if not improves it.

Taboo probably works better in one long run. I've watched week-to-week and enjoyed it well enough but I know others think it too slow.

Think Netflix is usually midnight U.S. Time for uploading, not too sure though.

I've been on a documentary kick lately on Netflix. I watched Who Took Johnny which was interesting and infuriating at the same time, The Imposter was just surreal, and From One Second to the Next which is a short Herzog doc taking on texting and driving from all angles that was pretty impactful. Gonna continue watching more Herzog ones as I also enjoyed Grizzly Man and Into the Abyss.

I took my neice to see The Lego Batman Movie yesterday. It was funny as hell and really good. So there was a dad there with his 2 daughters and he was looking at his phone the entire time. The screen was on its lowest setting and I would only see it at certain angles, and I usually am never shy about telling people to shut up or put their phones away, but I didn't say anything because there were kids everywhere talking and stuff. So what's the protocol for kids movies? Does anything go?

Lego Batman Movie was. . .not as good as I had hoped. I really liked the first Lego Movie, and this one just didn't have the same oomph. I still enjoyed it and thought the overall arc for Batman was maybe one of the best ever in film (only slightly being hyperbolic here--it was a damn good emotional journey for the Dark Knight) but the humor, plot, and some of the voice acting choices were meh at best.

Also, I  just started The Crown on Netflix. Someone told me it's a good substitute for anyone having Downton Abbey withdrawals. Only two episodes in, but I'd say that's a fair statement.

2 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

John Wick 2 was super entertaining. Some eye roll moments and maybe not as good as the first but still very enjoyable.

I thought it was awesome. Agreed on the eye rolling moments, especially in the beginning, but once he got to Rome, it got amazing. So many head shots.

Archived