MMA & Boxing 19: Cody Garbrandt's Dance Party

Davrum

I mean, you can't believe he would do it on purpose?After all the denials from the last time??

How on Earth can this happen to you again? How could he possibly have thought he could get away with it?

I'm sure they are going to say it was accidental through a supplement once again, but really, how can you maintain such a position for the second time? Another huge blow for the UFC if this holds up.

40 minutes ago, Calibandar said:

I mean, you can't believe he would do it on purpose?After all the denials from the last time??

How on Earth can this happen to you again? How could he possibly have thought he could get away with it?

I'm sure they are going to say it was accidental through a supplement once again, but really, how can you maintain such a position for the second time? Another huge blow for the UFC if this holds up.

There's some talk about a potentially new USADA test for that steroid which caught him by surprise but no one knows. It would explain him thinking he could get away with it; he may have before.

That's the danger of such a program; testing isn't static.

1 hour ago, Calibandar said:

Yes I can, and yes I do :P

Jones is some level of narcissist/sociopath. He would absolutely do it again after getting caught the first time. 

I have to wonder about his camp now too. I mean there's no way they don't know what he's doing right? All of JacksonWink is suspect now as far as I'm concerned. 

Looked to me like it only lasted as long as it did because Mayweather let it last as long as it did. I expected a bit more from McGregor than he delivered, given everything he had said in the build up.

Fair play to McGregor, though. At least if he ever decides to go into boxing again, it can't possibly get any more difficult than facing the greatest ever.

50 minutes ago, JordanJH1993 said:

Looked to me like it only lasted as long as it did because Mayweather let it last as long as it did. I expected a bit more from McGregor than he delivered, given everything he had said in the build up.

Same here. Floyd doesn't really give a fuck about anyone or anything except his money and the number on his record. 

whereas a lot of people were looking at it like "Floyd has to beat McGregor inside X rounds for the honor of boxing"...Floyd couldn't give a fook and was fine pacing McGregor out. 

1 hour ago, lessthanluke said:

Yeah and he wasn't really hurt at the end. Jusr knackered.

Because the ref saved him. He was done, and getting hurt. It's not MMA where you can dive and get strangled like he did against Nate when he was "tired". It was headed nowhere good for him.

Wanted Connor to win but I still think he deserves respect after that. Good fight

first time in a pro boxing match and he lasts 10 rounds against mayweather. He's not a boxer. He had nothing to lose and still gave an entertaining fight. Even mayweather admit he did much better than expected

give Connor a bit more experience and I think he'd probably win

Yeah it went exactly how you'd expect. McGregor really never go near to hurting Mayweather, even in the early rounds where he claims he was doing well.

Then the mayweather game plan came into force and obviously McGregor was going to tire. By the end it was totally one sided. As expected.

Credit to McGregor for doing it but it just shows that you can't just walk into boxing and expect to do well.

12 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

Have to credit Mcgregor. He did better than I expected. Made for the most entertaining Mayweather fight in a while. 

I'm not gonna lie I was a little nervous after the first 3 rounds, I bet a bunch of fools at work who thought McGregor would win easily. Floyd was barely taking hits but I was a little surprised at how flat-footed he was. It was more entertaining than the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight at least. 

So now that the circus is over and you're rich please just get back to MMA, McGregor. 

Yes please. El Cucuy is waiting. And I want to see that fight ten times more.

I'm not at all convinced Conor beats El Cucuy ( or Khabib). That's where it's at.

As for the fight itself, one the one hand Conor did better than expected and you could say it was remarkable.

On the other hand, Mayweather never seemed in danger and then wore him out. Not a very exciting fight, but I guess as far as boxing matches go it was above average. We saw the same thing from McGregor that we see in the UFC, when it gets to later rounds he is in trouble. The difference here was that I never saw that McGregor explosion that you normally see in the early rounds. He seemed to be winning the first 3 rounds when Mayweather was deliberately subdued, but it wasn't really convincing like you see him do in MMA.

At last this disgrace is over. The build-up to it was ridiculous and the fight was about as competitive as id thought it was gonna be. I hear people saying it was better than Mayweather/Pacquiao. Uhm, no it wasn't, Pacquiao actually gave Mayweather some problems during the fight, Mcgregor was just tossing his arms around.

6 hours ago, Red Tiger said:

I hear people saying it was better than Mayweather/Pacquiao. Uhm, no it wasn't, Pacquiao actually gave Mayweather some problems during the fight, Mcgregor was just tossing his arms around.

Say what you want but I was more entertained with this fight, although my expectations were way higher for the Pacquiao fight so that didn't help things. I actually think McGregor's wild and unorthodox style confused Mayweather a little. Not saying Floyd was in real trouble ever but McGregor did win as many rounds as Pacquiao, and landed 30 more punches than Pacquiao did overall in less rounds.

Bottom line is that I viewed this as a fucking circus and it was more entertaining than expected, and I viewed the Pacquaio-Mayweather as a legit mega-fight(even though it was at least 5 years too late) that ended up being pretty boring and saw Pacquiao land 81 fucking punches in 12 rounds.

1 hour ago, Ramsay B. said:

Say what you want but I was more entertained with this fight, although my expectations were way higher for the Pacquiao fight so that didn't help things. I actually think McGregor's wild and unorthodox style confused Mayweather a little. Not saying Floyd was in real trouble ever but McGregor did win as many rounds as Pacquiao, and landed 30 more punches than Pacquiao did overall in less rounds.

Bottom line is that I viewed this as a fucking circus and it was more entertaining than expected, and I viewed the Pacquaio-Mayweather as a legit mega-fight(even though it was at least 5 years too late) that ended up being pretty boring and saw Pacquiao land 81 fucking punches in 12 rounds.

More power to you.

9 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Agreed. This was far more fun to watch for me.

9 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Yeah exactly. Expected nothing from the Mcgregor fight and got a little something. Expected a little something front Pac/May and got fuck all. 

Bring on GGG/Canelo

2 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

Yeah exactly. Expected nothing from the Mcgregor fight and got a little something. Expected a little something front Pac/May and got fuck all. 

Bring on GGG/Canelo

I mentioned it in the other topic, but first, bring on Gonzalez/Estrada/Inoue.

• 2 weeks later...

So Ray Borg pulled out of his fight with Mighty Mouse, meaning Nunes-Shevchenko is now the main event of that card.

On the other hand, all the fighters on HBO's superfly boxing card have just made weight, so barring any last-second fainting spells we're good to go for the best boxing card of the year.

Archived