MMA & Boxing 19: Cody Garbrandt's Dance Party

Davrum

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody watching 218? In the middle of an absolute war between Oliveira and Medeiros on the prelims. Incredible fight. 

ETA: Even the way it ended was reminiscent of Lawler vs Rory. Wow. Maybe fight of the year. 

"Overeem looks like he's been electrocuted!" commentator on Fox.

And that was only one blow. Let's have Miocic vs Predator tomorrow please.

Also, if Cain ever fights again ( officially not retired) then I'd like to see him against this guy as well.

So apparently GSP is now backtracking (like a great many people speculated) saying he has no intention of fighting at middeweight ever again, so he won't be unifying the belt vs Whittaker to become undisputed champ.  They're trying to make Whittaker vs Rockhold for the Perth card at 221.  Sounds good to me as long as GSP vacates or accepts the Whittaker fight.

11 hours ago, Calibandar said:

"Overeem looks like he's been electrocuted!" commentator on Fox.

And that was only one blow. Let's have Miocic vs Predator tomorrow please.

Also, if Cain ever fights again ( officially not retired) then I'd like to see him against this guy as well.

Fight is set for the Boston card at 220. About fuckin time we had a quick turnaround for a title fight (Ngannou) and about time Stipe got back in there. Card is pretty shitty apart from that one and DC vs Oz but it's a hell of a main event / co-main

On 12/6/2017 at 11:04 PM, dooog said:

So apparently GSP is now backtracking (like a great many people speculated) saying he has no intention of fighting at middeweight ever again, so he won't be unifying the belt vs Whittaker to become undisputed champ.  They're trying to make Whittaker vs Rockhold for the Perth card at 221.  Sounds good to me as long as GSP vacates or accepts the Whittaker fight.

It's official now. Good for GSP for vacating the title so quickly.

Anyone gonna be watching Rigondeaux vs Lomachenko this weekend? There's a chance that it could end up being a physical mismatch with Loma's size and weight advantages, but on a skill level it's probably the best boxing matchup there's been in my lifetime and hopefully we'll get a great display of boxing.

I will try very hard to watch it tomorrow night cause I'm a big fan of Loma, even though I have other plans. Although, if I'm brutally honest, since I've never been entertained in a Rigondaux's fight it might be the type of fight I'm just happy so the the result in the news and catch the highlights later on youtube.

On 12/9/2017 at 2:18 AM, polishgenius said:

Anyone gonna be watching Rigondeaux vs Lomachenko this weekend? There's a chance that it could end up being a physical mismatch with Loma's size and weight advantages, but on a skill level it's probably the best boxing matchup there's been in my lifetime and hopefully we'll get a great display of boxing.

Unless we have a power cut or a meteor strike or a rogue escaped zoo animal turns up in my back yard there's no way I'm missing that one.

Heck, even if a rogue escaped zoo animal turns up in my back yard it'll probably just have to wait there patiently until that scrap's over. 

Well... I certainly didn't expect Rigo to quit. I remember after the schooling Loma gave Walter, Rigo said on twitter ''I might be boring but one thing I am not is a quitter'' well you most definitely are.

Also, Degale finally lost his IBF belt! I gotta say, he fricking deserved that. I can't stand the guy and hope we don't see anymore of him and his many excuses. After each fight he always has an excuse for his poor performance, but before each fight he always claim he's in the best shape of his career.

• 2 weeks later...

Rountree having trouble with this Polish Oleksiejczuk.

The kid fights with a kind of primal urgency that is super impressive.

Rountree starts locking in the Guillitine and the Pole is immediately working his way to the cage.

And now he's slugging it out with Rountree in the middle of the cage!

Archived