Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LugaJetboyGirl-irra

Young Adult Books: Discuss!

63 posts in this topic

@Xray the Enforcer I really love V.E. Schwab's Darker Shade of Magic series. The third/final book is out next week. It revoles around  four parallel worlds, each wirh their own version of London. And there's magic and pirates.

I want to read And I Darken and Three Dark Crowns, just based on the strength of the titles ...

Maybe GDYA is a thing now lawl.

I wish I could figure out which box of old books packed away in my parents' attic contains my childhood copy of The Westing Game. Man I loved that book.

[mod] This thread is not to discuss what is or isn't YA. Further posts in that vein will be deleted. Thank you. [/mod]

Cool! Ordered it -- will report back once I've had a chance to start it. :)

I recommend STAR WARS: LOST STARS.

A really good YA romance in a galaxy far far away.

:)

I don't tend to specifically seek out YA books but I think Kate Elliott's Court of Fives trilogy is advertised as YA and it's really good. The last book is apparently coming out in July as well.

Just started Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor. And I used my Open Table rewards (who knew that was a thing? ) to buy Hunted by Meagan Spooner for my Kindle.

On 4/8/2017 at 9:02 PM, kairparavel said:

Just started Strange the Dreamer by Laini Taylor. And I used my Open Table rewards (who knew that was a thing? ) to buy Hunted by Meagan Spooner for my Kindle.

Strange the Dreamer was quite good. I adore Lazlo Strange and want nothing but good things for him. And the story was interesting - I didn't feel like I was reading a re-tread of a story told a million times. Looking forward to the second book in the duology. 

And now I'm back to Six of Crows.

Posted (edited)

I created a thread for the Alexis Carew series by J.A. Sutherland, which is basically YA Honor Harrington without the long boring tech details or screeds against welfare before the character ceases to be a factor in her own series.

Really charming books.

I also like he's allowing the character to age into adulthood.

The premise is a 15 year old girl joins as a midshipman in New London's Space Navy despite the fact the colonies don't generally accept women into their service. Pirates, German imperialists, French frenemies, and a psychotic captain ensue.

Edited by C.T. Phipps