The Long Night's Watch - the Undead Companions of the Last Hero

LmL

Just now, Blue Tiger said:

That's one of the few moments in ASOIAF when I'm baffled... With all those myths I know, with all those books I've read...  With all my pride coming from my own writing, with idea that it should be easier for me, because I'm mastering art of hiding clues myself...I'm just baffled. I feel like I'm missing something... Some small, subtle hint that will show me the way... But I'm still blind there.

Well I think the two things to keep in mind are @ravenous reader's observation that green sea = greenseer, and also my observations about the sea dragon having to do with both greenseers and fire in the sea - both fire in the actual sea (oceanic meteor impact) and fire in the see - fiery greenseers.  Thus, Patchface's rhymes are about the weirwoodnet and Azor Ahai in the weirwoodnet. I would go into detail here but I promised RR I would re-read her thread and comment there. 

5 minutes ago, Blue Tiger said:

That's one of the few moments in ASOIAF when I'm baffled... With all those myths I know, with all those books I've read...  With all my pride coming from my own writing, with idea that it should be easier for me, because I'm mastering art of hiding clues myself...I'm just baffled. I feel like I'm missing something... Some small, subtle hint that will show me the way... But I'm still blind there.

Everyone is baffled, my friend.  That is why the emotions run high when 'nennymoans' come up!  

I'd recommend looking around at the other elements -- e.g. your interpretation of 'summer under the sea,' 'merwives' (what marriage is being referred to), 'silver', 'seaweed'.  Why are the nennymoans on the head, in the hair and not somewhere else on the body?

What is happening around the chapters in the context in which Patchface suddenly bursts forth with these strange proclamations?

Who is Patchface to you?  How do you feel about him?  What's your prediction?  In many ways he's an archetypal figure -- I'm sure you have some ideas on the role he's playing, given the extensive knowledge you're able to draw on for comparison!

5 minutes ago, LmL said:

I would go into detail here but I promised RR I would re-read her thread and comment there. 

Ha ha -- I'm sure you're just dying to wade through the deluge and re-visit that topic as soon as you can!  ;)

Just now, ravenous reader said:

Everyone is baffled, my friend.  That is why the emotions run high when 'nennymoans' come up!  

I'd recommend looking around at the other elements -- e.g. your interpretation of 'summer under the sea,' 'merwives' (what marriage is being referred to), 'silver', 'seaweed'.  Why are the nennymoans on the head, in the hair and not somewhere else on the body?

What is happening around the chapters in the context in which Patchface suddenly bursts forth with these strange proclamations?

Who is Patchface to you?  How do you feel about him?  What's your prediction?  In many ways he's an archetypal figure -- I'm sure you have some ideas on the role he's playing, given the extensive knowledge you're able to draw on for comparison!

Ha ha -- I'm sure you're just dying to wade through the deluge and re-visit that topic as soon as you can!  ;)

Interesting, I might think about it tomorrow and write something here...

But now, the hour is late (well, actually not so, but it was a busy day for me - I've created two alphabets and worked a lot on symbolism for my next 'short' story... It's dark, the darkest I've done so far... But Wickerman is there, just like Corn King - thanks for that episode LML, by the way) and I'll go.

Goodnight.

9 minutes ago, Blue Tiger said:

Interesting, I might think about it tomorrow and write something here...

But now, the hour is late (well, actually not so, but it was a busy day for me - I've created two alphabets and worked a lot on symbolism for my next 'short' story... It's dark, the darkest I've done so far... But Wickerman is there, just like Corn King - thanks for that episode LML, by the way) and I'll go.

Goodnight.

That sounds productive.  Night.  Sleep well!

P.S.  I'm sure LmL is very interested to hear your further thoughts on nennymoans -- till tomorrow then!

2 hours ago, ravenous reader said:

I hope to impress you with my mastery of nennymoaning, looking forward to it actually. 

40 minutes ago, LmL said:

I hope to impress you with my mastery of nennymoaning, looking forward to it actually. 

Ah -- competitive to the last, even about nennymoaning!  I am trying the Socratic method on dear Niebieski, curious to see if we can view them in a new light...

:)

Hey @ravenous reader, I got something for you. So, if a green sea = greenseer, what do you call a dragonglass sea? It happens twice, both times right before a storm, and once during the eye of a storm (that big one on the Summer Sea in AFFC and ADWD). A dragonglass eye, like Crowfood Umber, and one associated with lightning. I think you catch my drift here.  First one is from AFFC, second one from ADWD:

Wordless, Sam staggered up onto the deck to retch, but there was nothing in his belly to bring up. (The chapter starts out with Sam being "greensick," btw) Night had come upon them, a strange still night such as they had not seen for many days. The sea was black as glass. At the oars, the rowers rested. One or two were sleeping where they sat. The wind was in the sails, and to the north Sam could even see a scattering of stars, and the red wanderer the free folk called the Thief. That ought to be my star , Sam thought miserably. I helped to make Jon Lord Commander, and I brought him Gilly and the babe. There are no happy endings .

“Slayer.” Dareon appeared beside him, oblivious to Sam’s pain. “A sweet night, for once. Look, the stars are coming out (of the sky). We might even get a bit of moon (coming out of the sky). Might be the worst is done.”

“No.” Sam wiped his nose, and pointed south with a fat finger, toward the gathering darkness. “There,” he said. No sooner had he spoken than lightning flashed, sudden and silent and blinding bright. The distant clouds glowed for half a heartbeat, mountains heaped on mountains, purple and red and yellow, taller than the world. “The worst isn’t done. The worst is just beginning, and there are no happy endings.

It's fun to picture Sam like the Wizard Tim form Monty Python, casting lighting wherever he points. But he identifies with the red wanderer, as Jon does, reinforcing Sam's AA reborn symbolism (the black leviathan / sea dragon / Herne the Hunter undead NW brother).  He cats lighting, and he does so from a black glass sea. 

Now for a Tyrion chapter form ADWD, this time while in the eye of the storm:

Nearby midnight the winds finally died away, and the sea grew calm enough for Tyrion to make his way back up onto deck. What he saw there did not reassure him. The cog was drifting on a sea of dragonglass beneath a bowl of stars, but all around the storm raged on. East, west, north, south, everywhere he looked, the clouds rose up like black mountains, their tumbled slopes and colossal cliffs alive with blue and purple lightning. No rain was falling, but the decks were slick and wet underfoot. Tyrion could hear someone screaming from below, a thin, high voice hysterical with fear. He could hear Moqorro too. The red priest stood on the forecastle facing the storm, his staff raised above his head as he boomed a prayer. Amidships,a dozen sailors and two of the fiery fingers were struggling with tangled lines and sodden canvas, but whether they were trying to raise the sail again or pull it down he never knew. Whatever they were doing, it seemed to him a very bad idea. And so it was. The wind returned as a whispered threat, cold and damp, brushing over his cheek, flapping the wet sail, swirling and tugging at Moqorro’s scarlet robes. Some instinct made Tyrion grab hold of the nearest rail, just in time. In the space of three heartbeats the little breeze became a howling gale. Moqorro shouted something, and green flames leapt from the dragon’s maw atop his staff to vanish in the night. Then the rains came, black and blinding, and forecastle and sterncastle both vanished behind a wall of water. Something huge flapped overhead, and Tyrion glanced up in time to see the sail taking wing, with two men still dangling from the lines. Then he heard a crack. Oh, bloody hell , he had time to think, that had to be the mast.

So inside of the eye of the storm, we have a dragonglass sea, and a fire seer using green fire. The crack was the mast, and of course the mast is associated with trees and the burning sea dragon gods on Dragonstone made from the masts of the Targ ships. In other words, the breaking of the (celestial) tree might have had something to do with huge flapping shapes taking flight? 

@ravenous reader I have a strong feeling that Patchface is somehow parallel to Hodor - they both saw something they weren't supposed to see and that made them lose their wits.

The fool turned his patched and piebald head to watch Pylos climb the steep iron steps to the rookery. His bells rang with the motion. "Under the sea, the birds have scales for feathers," he said, clang-a-langing. "I know, I know, oh, oh, oh."

This one seems to be about Night's Watch - and, just like many posters here, 'under the sea' = dead (or undead) being. So undead crows and ravens of the NW have scales - this might reference some kind of transformation needed to withstand the cold.

Patchface rang his bells. "It is always summer under the sea," he intoned. "The merwives wear nennymoans in their hair and weave gowns of silver seaweed. I know, I know, oh, oh, oh."

That'd be 'what is dead may never die' - for those who're undead there is no difference between summer and winter. Merwives = COTF (flowers in their hair), they've created Others (weaved gowns of silver seaweed) - maybe 'weave' = wave?, just like in 'waves of night and moonblood. Seaweed = see weed, something similar to the weirwood paste.

Shireen giggled. "I should like a gown of silver seaweed."

"Under the sea, it snows up," said the fool, "and the rain is dry as bone. I know, I know, oh, oh, oh."

"Will it truly snow?" the child asked.

?

Patchface sprawled half on top of him, motley fool's face pressed close to his own. He had lost his tin helm with its antlers and bells. "Under the sea, you fall up," he declared. "I know, I know, oh, oh, oh." Giggling, the fool rolled off, bounded to his feet, and did a little dance.

Falling up = going to space? That 'little dance' = ritual that brought the Long Night and Hammer of Waters?

Patchface was capering about as the maester made his slow way around the table to Davos Seaworth. "Here we eat fish," the fool declared happily, waving a cod about like a scepter. "Under the sea, the fish eat us. I know, I know, oh, oh, oh."

This makes me think of Davos' dinner with Lord Godric Borrel. And of Coldhands feeding human meat to Bran.

"Under the sea, no one wears hats," Patchface said. "I know, I know, oh, oh, oh."

?

Behind, Davos heard a faint clank and clatter of bells. "Under the sea, smoke rises in bubbles, and flames burn green and blue and black," Patchface sang somewhere. "I know, I know, oh, oh, oh."

The greenseer colours, as they were the ones to start Long Night?

"Under the sea the old fish eat the young fish," the fool muttered at Davos. He bobbed his head, and his bells clanged and chimed and sang. "I know, I know, oh oh oh."

?

"In the dark the dead are dancing." Patchface shuffled his feet in a grotesque dance step. "I know, I know, oh oh oh." At Eastwatch someone had sewn him a motley cloak of beaver pelts, sheepskins, and rabbit fur. His hat sported antlers hung with bells and long brown flaps of squirrel fur that hung down over his ears. Every step he took set him to ringing.

Here Patchface is dressed like a 'skinchanger' and he sings about raising the dead by greenseers.

Ser Malegorn offered his arm, and Queen Selyse took it stiffly. Her other hand settled on her daughter's shoulder. The royal ducklings fell in behind them as they made their way across the yard, marching to the music of the bells on the fool's hat. "Under the sea the mermen feast on starfish soup, and all the serving men are crabs," Patchface proclaimed as they went. "I know, I know, oh, oh, oh."

This is about cannibalism and ritual sacrifice. ?

They found Her Grace sewing by the fire, whilst her fool danced about to music only he could hear, the cowbells on his antlers clanging. "The crow, the crow," Patchface cried when he saw Jon. "Under the sea the crows are white as snow, I know, I know, oh, oh, oh." Princess Shireen was curled up in a window seat, her hood drawn up to hide the worst of the greyscale that had disfigured her face.

This one is about Jon raising as undead being?

(Quietly runs away from all nennymoan and merwife stuff)

5 hours ago, Blue Tiger said:

@ravenous reader I have a strong feeling that Patchface is somehow parallel to Hodor - they both saw something they weren't supposed to see and that made them lose their wits.

The fool turned his patched and piebald head to watch Pylos climb the steep iron steps to the rookery. His bells rang with the motion. "Under the sea, the birds have scales for feathers," he said, clang-a-langing. "I know, I know, oh, oh, oh."

This one seems to be about Night's Watch - and, just like many posters here, 'under the sea' = dead (or undead) being. So undead crows and ravens of the NW have scales - this might reference some kind of transformation needed to withstand the cold.

@ravenous reader here we go. Since BT opened this here, I'm going to give my opinions here. You can hardly complain or moan, since you've been opening up the nennymoan can here anyway =P

If we going with more strictly thinking about "under the sea" as "in the weirwoodnet" or "in the way of greenseers," then fish would be the people inside the wierwoodnet, a.k.a the greenseers. This also dovetails nicely with the weirwoods as a fishgarth, a trap for fish, who would be garths or horned people. The fish - the greenseers in the net - have scales, because they are dragon people.

You know who else has scales? The children of the forest. Those nicknames Bran gives the children - snowlocks, coals, blackknife, scales, ash, and leaf - those are descriptive names, so we can figure out wha they mean. Leaf is named for the leaves in her hair. Snowylocks has white hair, like the Ghost of High Heart, and Ash probably has light grey hair. Black Knife is named for an obsidian knife, surely, coals for the golden eyes which are so bright, like molten gold, and Scales for... what? Can only be a reference to the children have scales on their skin. We are told their skin is brown and dappled like a deer, but lizards also have dappled skin. And those cat's eyes? They could just as easily be snake eyes, because snake eyes and cat eyes look the same.  And when you toss in the fact that the children have black claws on four fingered hands - again like reptiles - well, the cotf might be lizard people. Living underground, where the lizard people of classic mythology always live. 

And then of course we have my notion that Azor Ahai was somehow both a blood of the dragon and a greenseer or even a horned figure like garth and the green men. Once again we would have the fish caught in the weirwoodnet as lizards and dragons with scales. 

Patchface rang his bells. "It is always summer under the sea," he intoned. "The merwives wear nennymoans in their hair and weave gowns of silver seaweed. I know, I know, oh, oh, oh."

That'd be 'what is dead may never die' - for those who're undead there is no difference between summer and winter. Merwives = COTF (flowers in their hair), they've created Others (weaved gowns of silver seaweed) - maybe 'weave' = wave?, just like in 'waves of night and moonblood. Seaweed = see weed, something similar to the weirwood paste.

Like I was saying on the heresy thread, Grey King has tapestries of silver see-weed and robes of woven see-weed, so we need to think about those in conjunction with the Grey King. Grey King was under the sea - a greenseer who is euphemistically tied to the sea - so he's wearing silver sea weed like the merwives. Thus gender might be misleading here - the key is the weed itself. I think the idea that it is a psychedelic substance from a plant - grown in the see - that aids sight is good, but what does it mean to have gowns or tapestries of sea weed? Skinchanging reference? Is the see-weed just "the weirwood," and wearing sea-weed is skinchanging a weirwood? Is this the silver sea weed = wise red leaves thing? I still don't think I buy the idea of George using anagrams, even if silver sea weed IS a reference to weirwoods. It's just too bizarre to me. But I could be wrong. Most of the anagrams conclusions do not make sense to me, so if one or two does, it's not evidence that George is using them.  They should all make sense if he is using them. But that's beside the point anyway.

Shireen giggled. "I should like a gown of silver seaweed."

"Under the sea, it snows up," said the fool, "and the rain is dry as bone. I know, I know, oh, oh, oh."

"Will it truly snow?" the child asked.

?

This is probably a snow = ash thing. Ash rises before it falls, and coming from the fire of a meteor impact, a lot of ash and debris would be rising.  There are a lot of meteors hints throughout Patchfaces riddles, because this great sin came from the see. 

Dry bone rain? Probably the storm of swords that came from the sea. They were bleeding stars but they weren't moist - dry rain. Which came from the see. And don't forget "under the sea" can also mean "the sea of stars," because Yggdrasil allows Odin to walk through the entire universe. Starry wisdom = tree wisdom. The upper branches of Yggdrasil represent the heavens. 

Patchface sprawled half on top of him, motley fool's face pressed close to his own. He had lost his tin helm with its antlers and bells. "Under the sea, you fall up," he declared. "I know, I know, oh, oh, oh." Giggling, the fool rolled off, bounded to his feet, and did a little dance.

Falling up = going to space? That 'little dance' = ritual that brought the Long Night and Hammer of Waters?

Falling up is flying, if we consider Bran's nightmares of falling and flying. And for Bran, flying means... what? Embracing his magic? Dragon warging? Comet or moon warging? Could be more general - in the weirwoodnet, the fish (greenseers) can fly.

What about him losing his horns in this quote? Is that an allusion to beheading? RR, thought?

Patchface was capering about as the maester made his slow way around the table to Davos Seaworth. "Here we eat fish," the fool declared happily, waving a cod about like a scepter. "Under the sea, the fish eat us. I know, I know, oh, oh, oh."

This makes me think of Davos' dinner with Lord Godric Borrel. And of Coldhands feeding human meat to Bran.

The old greenseers in the weirwoodnet are hungry for young meat to consume? Doesn't bode well for Bran. If the Others are a manifestation of those old greenseers escaping wierwoodnet, this makes sense as the Others coming to eat us.

"Under the sea, no one wears hats," Patchface said. "I know, I know, oh, oh, oh."

?

Linking this to the previous quote where Patches lost his hat... what does losing your hat or horns to go under the sea mean? Is this a Bran the Blessed thing?  Whispering heads at the whispers? Or is this just a joke - the real greenseers don't wear antler hats, they actually have antlers. LoL. 

Behind, Davos heard a faint clank and clatter of bells. "Under the sea, smoke rises in bubbles, and flames burn green and blue and black," Patchface sang somewhere. "I know, I know, oh, oh, oh."

The greenseer colours, as they were the ones to start Long Night?

Green fire = greenseers of fire (or maybe all greenseers). Blue fire is only seen with Jaime's dream of a flaming sword burning silvery blue, and in the eyes of the Others. The Others seem to "come from the see," so that makes sense. And black fire, under the sea? That one is easy - black fire is only ever associated with black dragons. Black dragons, under the see. This would seem to delineate between fiery greenseers (green fire) and black fire greenseers... black wood = black fire, corrupt greenseers, whereas green fire is true greenseer stuff? 

"Under the sea the old fish eat the young fish," the fool muttered at Davos. He bobbed his head, and his bells clanged and chimed and sang. "I know, I know, oh oh oh."

?

Sounds like more of those old greenseers - the old fish - looking for young meat, like Bran, or perhaps this is the Others wanting Craster's babies. Others and Squishers (monsters from the see / from the id) alike both steal / eat male babies.

"In the dark the dead are dancing." Patchface shuffled his feet in a grotesque dance step. "I know, I know, oh oh oh." At Eastwatch someone had sewn him a motley cloak of beaver pelts, sheepskins, and rabbit fur. His hat sported antlers hung with bells and long brown flaps of squirrel fur that hung down over his ears. Every step he took set him to ringing.

Here Patchface is dressed like a 'skinchanger' and he sings about raising the dead by greenseers.

This is Kali's death dance, I am pretty sure. It refers to the boat that rescues Davos - Shayala's Dance - and the shadow dance of Mirri (A Kali character) which raises the dead. So I agree with BR here, this is a dance that raises the dead - the shadow dance. Think of the dancing shadows in the tent with Mirri as she did her botched skinchanger thing on Drogo. Davos was emerging from a death and rebirth experience on the Blackwater. Shayala's Dance gave him a second chance at life.

Patches is definitely dressed as a skinchanger here, BT nailed that, so this is skinchanger resurrection stuff. Under the see. Ha! we referenced my OP after all.   

Ser Malegorn offered his arm, and Queen Selyse took it stiffly. Her other hand settled on her daughter's shoulder. The royal ducklings fell in behind them as they made their way across the yard, marching to the music of the bells on the fool's hat. "Under the sea the mermen feast on starfish soup, and all the serving men are crabs," Patchface proclaimed as they went. "I know, I know, oh, oh, oh."

This is about cannibalism and ritual sacrifice. ?

Starfish soup could be more psychedelic substance. Grey King eats the same stuff. Stars that become fish are the same thing as Star-pike - sea dragons. Note the pike / pyke connection between Starpike the city and Pyke on the IronIslands which is like a broken longsword thrust into the sea. A pike is a fish and a spear, as the sea dragon was. Somehow, we are imbibing the meteor mojo - under the see. Also, Malegorn is called Malegorn of Redppol, and a red pool suggests a pool of blood. That's another implication of cannibalism, to BT's point here. 

They found Her Grace sewing by the fire, whilst her fool danced about to music only he could hear, the cowbells on his antlers clanging. "The crow, the crow," Patchface cried when he saw Jon. "Under the sea the crows are white as snow, I know, I know, oh, oh, oh." Princess Shireen was curled up in a window seat, her hood drawn up to hide the worst of the greyscale that had disfigured her face.

This one is about Jon raising as undead being?

Ghost's noise is music only Jon can here, so not a coincidence that this idea is referenced here while Patches calls Jon The Crow who is white as snow under the see. Yes, this is Jon's resurrection, where he will emerge from the see as a pale ghost with red eyes, a weirwood ghost as @Voiceso eloquently put it. 

(Quietly runs away from all nennymoan and merwife stuff)

It's Ok, Nennymoans can't be contained. The more you moan, the more they grow and expand. 

Edited 5 hours ago by Blue Tiger

@ravenous reader how did I do, and what do you think of the comment above about the dragonglass see?

Now, when I've luckily escaped that ocean of seaweeds and clutches of man-eating nennymoans, I can congratulate you @LmL. That interview you did with Super Geeky Play Date was very cool. And now I have a question. You've mentioned some ASOIAF analys author who wrote some books. May I ask what's its title?

6 minutes ago, Blue Tiger said:

Now, when I've luckily escaped that ocean of seaweeds and clutches of man-eating nennymoans, I can congratulate you @LmL. That interview you did with Super Geeky Play Date was very cool. And now I have a question. You've mentioned some ASOIAF analys author who wrote some books. May I ask what's its title?

LOL.  Check out this video of anemone devouring a seabird:

https://www.sciencenews.org/blog/gory-details/anemone-eats-bird-and-other-surprising-animal-meals

Your instinct is correct -- those nennymoans are dangerous playthings!

By the way, what is the Polish translation of 'Patchface' and what does it connote?

1 minute ago, ravenous reader said:

LOL.  Check out this video of anemone devouring a seabird:

https://www.sciencenews.org/blog/gory-details/anemone-eats-bird-and-other-surprising-animal-meals

Your instinct is correct -- those nennymoans are dangerous playthings!

By the way, what is the Polish translation of 'Patchface' and what does it connote?

Patchface = Plama 

'plama' = mark, spot, stain, smear, splash, smudge, blob, taint.

That makes him a solar figure in a way - 'plama słoneczna' = sunspot

Patchface = Plama 

'plama' = mark, spot, stain, smear, splash, smudge, blob, taint.

That makes him a solar figure in a way - 'plama słoneczna' = sunspot

That ties in nicely with GRRM's set of other related words, namely 'mottled' (drowned men); fool's 'motley' (Patchface, Tyrion); 'piebald' (Patchface, connections to crows, ravens, magpies, Bloodraven); 'soiled' (knights, etc.), 'dappled' (COTF, the Others), etc:

A Game of Thrones - Prologue

It was cold. Shivering, Will clung more tightly to his perch. His face pressed hard against the trunk of the sentinel. He could feel the sweet, sticky sap on his cheek.

A shadow emerged from the dark of the wood. It stood in front of Royce. Tall, it was, and gaunt and hard as old bones, with flesh pale as milk. Its armor seemed to change color as it moved; here it was white as new-fallen snow, there black as shadow, everywhere dappled with the deep grey-green of the trees. The patterns ran like moonlight on water with every step it took.

And greenseers are all 'marked':

A Dance with Dragons - Bran III

"I thought the greenseers were the wizards of the children," Bran said. "The singers, I mean."

"In a sense. Those you call the children of the forest have eyes as golden as the sun, but once in a great while one is born amongst them with eyes as red as blood, or green as the moss on a tree in the heart of the forest. By these signs do the gods mark those they have chosen to receive the gift. The chosen ones are not robust, and their quick years upon the earth are few, for every song must have its balance. But once inside the wood they linger long indeed. A thousand eyes, a hundred skins, wisdom deep as the roots of ancient trees. Greenseers."

A Game of Thrones - Daenerys VI

Dany smiled shyly. It was sweet to laugh. She felt half a girl again.

They wandered for half the morning. She saw a beautiful feathered cloak from the Summer Isles, and took it for a gift. In return, she gave the merchant a silver medallion from her belt. That was how it was done among the Dothraki. A birdseller taught a green-and-red parrot to say her name, and Dany laughed again, yet still refused to take him. What would she do with a green-and-red parrot in a khalasar? She did take a dozen flasks of scented oils, the perfumes of her childhood; she had only to close her eyes and sniff them and she could see the big house with the red door once more. When Doreah looked longingly at a fertility charm at a magician's booth, Dany took that too and gave it to the handmaid, thinking that now she should find something for Irri and Jhiqui as well.

Patchface is marked by a green-and-red tattoo, and he has a habit -- like a parrot -- of mimicking (i.e. 'parroting') the other people around him.

https://www.amazon.com/Mythology-Thrones-Valerie-Estelle-Frankel-ebook/dp/B012H46FP0

Mythology in A Game of Thrones - and I am quoted quite extensively, as he said. @Durran Durrandon is also quoted - did you know that DurranD?

9 minutes ago, LmL said:

https://www.amazon.com/Mythology-Thrones-Valerie-Estelle-Frankel-ebook/dp/B012H46FP0

Mythology in A Game of Thrones - and I am quoted quite extensively, as he said. @Durran Durrandon is also quoted - did you know that DurranD?

Thanks.

It's always great to learn more about myths and ASOIAF.

@ravenous reader shame that nennymoan doesn't equal anemone. But still, I might give you a hmmm... let's call it cameo (probably as some house sigil) in my in-progress story (which with every script gets longer, soon it'll became a novela on its own).

Archived