U.S. Politics: Feelings Trump Facts

Mr. Chatywin et al.

30 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

I'm actually starting to think that Republicans are going to try and do a full repeal Health Care plan that they know Democrats will filibuster, and then throw up their hands and declare that democrats won't let them do anything until they have 60 votes in the Senate.  This gives them two advantages:  They can continue to play offense on health care for the 2018 election, and they can get back to the issues they actually care about, like restricting abortion and cutting taxes. 

It is really obvious that Republicans do not have a solution for health care.  There are no small government solutions here.  So they'll stick with the Repeal phase as long as possible, and beat the democrats with the Obamacare stick all the while. 

I agree, and I'll add this. The Democrats worked for more than a year to come up with the ACA, but health insurance reform was a party priority for Democrats so that made sense. The GOP doesn't care about reforming anything about health care, so why does anyone think the party will spend a ton of political capital tackling this issue?

I'm 50-50 on where I think this will go. Part of me thinks Republicans will kick up a lot of dust and then pack it in, and another part suspects that the party may be just dysfunctional enough to screw up the ACA and incur the wrath of millions of voters--some in red states. 

11 minutes ago, TheKitttenGuard said:

Check out @realDonaldTrump's Tweet:

That really does not look good.

Though really he stated he had evidence he would of share 2-3 days ago, and nothing.

Because he has nothing and knows nothing. This is very similar to his press conference on his conflicts of interest. He pulled the plug on it a day before he was supposed to have it and now it's scheduled for the same day there will be 6 Senate Confirmation Hearings of controversial candidates and a vote on Obamacare repeal. It's absolutely mental. You only flood the media airwaves like this when you have shit to hide.

The hypocrisy though is incredible. If there was a report that disagreed with the Russian hacking and was hacked by Russia, released by Wikileaks, he'd be citing it right now.

Also, House Intel Committee said he or his transition team has not logged a formal request.

Sorry Scot you (not personally but as an American) put that disgrace into office, now you can't rob the world of the main stage. 

It's not funny, and it lacks the wit of Oscar Wilde, but it's so bizarre. While the world goes to hell, we can at least follow the live tweets form there.

Perfect example of how narcissistic, thin-skinned and petty Trump is:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/01/06/donald-trumps-attack-on-arnold-schwarzenegger-is-either-dumb-or-ingenious-or-both/?utm_term=.9138d37f552d

Wow, the ratings are in and Arnold Schwarzenegger got "swamped" (or destroyed) by comparison to the ratings machine, DJT. So much for.... being a movie star-and that was season 1 compared to season 14. Now compare him to my season 1. But who cares, he supported Kasich & Hillary

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

Yeah, who cares? That's why you decided to Tweet about it. Transparent dipshit.

8 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Just wait until he can directly text message every single cell phone in the country. 

Ha! I hadn't thought of that, but you're right:

The government issues three types of alerts through this system:

• Alerts issued by the President of the United States.
  • Alerts involving imminent threats to safety of life, issued in two different categories: extreme threats and severe threats
  • AMBER Alerts.

It's mostly supposed to be for emergencies, but the President has the final say on what is worthy of an alert and what is not.

13 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

And he will be President of the United States.  Stop the ride I want to get off.

12 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Yeah, who cares? That's why you decided to Tweet about it. Transparent dipshit.

This seems calculated to his own needs, for sure, but maybe in a different way. Trump is an exec producer on the show, right? Any Tweet he does about the show will increase awareness and maybe increase the ratings. It is in his interest, even if his tweet was typically nasty and egotistical.

Archived