Facebook Is Watching

Robin Of House Hill

Already debunked by Snopes.

"Entering "Facebook Security" into the search box simply returns "profiles of [users] who have used those particular words somewhere on their profile [or] in a place that’s visible to the individual, as in a public post." So the "spies" located by searching "Facebook Security" on "block search" are simply users who have at some point used the words "Facebook" and "Security" either in a public post or somewhere in their profiles; they are not part of a network of timeline-trolling Facebook operatives."

17 minutes ago, .H. said:

Already debunked by Snopes.

"Entering "Facebook Security" into the search box simply returns "profiles of [users] who have used those particular words somewhere on their profile [or] in a place that’s visible to the individual, as in a public post." So the "spies" located by searching "Facebook Security" on "block search" are simply users who have at some point used the words "Facebook" and "Security" either in a public post or somewhere in their profiles; they are not part of a network of timeline-trolling Facebook operatives."

Question - if so, why are there people you can't block?

Just now, Fragile Bird said:

Question - if so, why are there people you can't block?

No idea.  Not a Facebook expert.  Is it actually true that you can't block some people?

2 minutes ago, .H. said:

No idea.  Not a Facebook expert.  Is it actually true that you can't block some people?

A number of people I know have followed the instructions and have found anywhere from 2 to 12 names of people popping up (I had none). The instruction says 'block them'. Some names can be blocked, others cannot be blocked.

Just now, Fragile Bird said:

A number of people I know have followed the instructions and have found anywhere from 2 to 12 names of people popping up (I had none). The instruction say 'block them'. Some names can be blocked, others cannot be blocked.

Did some more research:

"Finally, regarding the claim that some people cannot be blocked, what you are almost certainly experiencing is a Facebook filter that has been triggered because a certain account has been blocked so many times in a short space of time. This is inevitable since some accounts will appear often in the search results if they contain the words “facebook security” and thus have been blocked numerous times by people who have already fallen for this hoax."

This article provides a reasonable explanation.

Probably just too many people's tin foil hats aligning in the same direction at the same time.

5 minutes ago, .H. said:

Did some more research:

"Finally, regarding the claim that some people cannot be blocked, what you are almost certainly experiencing is a Facebook filter that has been triggered because a certain account has been blocked so many times in a short space of time. This is inevitable since some accounts will appear often in the search results if they contain the words “facebook security” and thus have been blocked numerous times by people who have already fallen for this hoax."

This article provides a reasonable explanation.

Probably just too many people's tin foil hats aligning in the same direction at the same time.

People like to rile around tinfoil. Its fun and its easy to do. speaking of which does anybody know why the term tin foil was even used. I mean i know tin foil hats are stupid and such but still.But the problem is a persons been blocked so many times it will stop blocking it? That seems pretty dumb. That seems like a weird glitch. Is it if you block the person too many times it would stop working or.. But still Facebook is watching.

3 minutes ago, Wrl6199 said:

People like to rile around tinfoil. Its fun and its easy to do. speaking of which does anybody know why the term tin foil was even used. I mean i know tin foil hats are stupid and such but still.But the problem is a persons been blocked so many times it will stop blocking it? That seems pretty dumb. That seems like a weird glitch. Is it if you block the person too many times it would stop working or.. But still Facebook is watching.

I don't know, wasn't it people who thought aliens were reading their minds or something, so they put tin foil on their heads?

On the other hand, I don't know, but if Facebook is watching my account, I sure hope they are enjoying pictures of my kids, because that's all that's on there. 

I mean, why would they make Facebook Security accounts with people names on them that are serachable?  Why would they need an account to see your posts at all?  Why would blocking them even matter, they are from Facebook itself, if they really are some security division shouldn't they have some kind of admin privileges?  This shit really doesn't make any sense guys, sorry.  Not buying this one bit.  I don't know why thousands of people can't randomly block the same person, but it's not selling me on the rest of this nonsense.

Assuming this is true, what is the motivation on Facebooks part here?

There are reasonable explanations for this that don't require a lot of effort to understand, if you're so inclined.  

But conspiracy theories are also always fun.

I don't think it is about who posted about it.  I have found one with Facebook Security as part of his profile.  What I find curious is that the results people get for taking the same action vary so widely.  Now, I only get one, and I still can't block him.

This profile can’t be blocked for now

• You can report Pages or profiles if you think they’re doing something that goes against our Community Standards. Learn more.
  • If you think you're seeing this by mistake, please let us know.

5 minutes ago, Swordfish said:

Assuming this is true, what is the motivation on Facebooks part here?

There are reasonable explanations for this that don't require a lot of effort to understand, if you're so inclined.  

But conspiracy theories are also always fun.

There are so many conspiracy theories around these days, that the best way to do something that will be ignored is to make it look like one.

Guys, come on. Facebook does not need to be friends with you on Facebook to know literally everything you do on Facebook (and a fair chunk of what you do off Facebook as well). You're on their site. Of course Facebook is monitoring you, their entire business model is based around monitoring you and always has been, but they do it with algorithms. Using a 'network of spies' would be a much less effective, and frankly dumb, way of going about it. This theory doesn't even make sense, let alone check out.

28 minutes ago, Robin Of House Hill said:

There are so many conspiracy theories around these days, that the best way to do something that will be ignored is to make it look like one.

Ha.  uh...  I guess?

But as Arkhangel says, they have no need to spy on you.  They have your data already.  like, ALL of it.

13 hours ago, Robin Of House Hill said:

I think this about concludes any real point in discussing this further.  The lack of credible evidence is evidence of credibility?  I am not prepared to enter that rabbit hole, sorry.

You should, however, still consider why "Facebook Security" would be relying on standard personal accounts to "spy" on you, when they literally have admin privileges over the entire site, as has been mentioned.  Why use accounts that are subject to limiting by your privacy settings/blocking if their aim is really to have you under "surveillance?"  That would be akin to you simply asking the police to not look at you when you find them tailing you.

14 hours ago, Arkhangel said:

Guys, come on. Facebook does not need to be friends with you on Facebook to know literally everything you do on Facebook (and a fair chunk of what you do off Facebook as well). You're on their site. Of course Facebook is monitoring you, their entire business model is based around monitoring you and always has been, but they do it with algorithms. Using a 'network of spies' would be a much less effective, and frankly dumb, way of going about it. This theory doesn't even make sense, let alone check out.

Yup.  Facebook and google pretty much own us all.  Zero surprise there.  They can't advertise things to sell to us if they weren't monitoring everything we do.

If you don't want Facebook spying on you, it is pretty simple.  Google "how to delete my Facebook account" and follow the directions.  If you're not willing to do that, then you'd better accept that Facebook is spying on you.  Their entire business is based on it, and they aren't going to stop. 

There are accounts on this site that cant be blocked as well js.

Also, true story regarding tin foil hats. We have a engineer at work that lines the inside of his hardhat with tinfoil because he is paranoid about the company using chip technology, on his security badge, to track his location. Its pretty frikn hilarious and hard to keep a straight face while listening to him explain why he is purposely wearing:D:D around a tinfoil hat. He's not doing it as a prank mind you, he is seriously paranoid over being monitored. You cant make this sh/t up lololol.

The fact most people tend to come up with 'mutual friends' when you type that in might explain why we get different results. We're just getting friends of friend or depending on our own Facebook security who have used those words? I dunno - but when I think about it - it really doesn't make sense they would use seperate profiles to spy on people. 

Archived