Facebook Is Watching

Robin Of House Hill

Either facebook can spy on anyone they choose, however they choose, and likely do so, or they have fairly strict rules about privacy that do not allow them to do so except under government scrutiny and cannot do it otherwise. 

The notion that they have random accounts that do it is insane.

Now, they may use accounts for testing purposes to check out features on the live systems - this is a very typical behavior, and those accounts would not be able to be blocked - but those aren't being used for spying, they're being used for testing. As @Arkhangel said, if facebook wants to have any information you've put on their site, well, they have it. And not only that, they own it.

9 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

There are accounts on this site that cant be blocked as well js.

Also, true story regarding tin foil hats. We have a engineer at work that lines the inside of his hardhat with tinfoil because he is paranoid about the company using chip technology, on his security badge, to track his location. Its pretty frikn hilarious and hard to keep a straight face while listening to him explain why he is purposely wearing:D:D around a tinfoil hat. He's not doing it as a prank mind you, he is seriously paranoid over being monitored. You cant make this sh/t up lololol.

Aaactually that's a lot less crazy than you might think. I'm not saying that your employer is doing it or that it's in his hat (when there are so many other ways they could be doing it) but some definitely are doing that kind of thing, and it's a bit of a legal grey zone - i.e. you wouldn't necessarily get a Very Special Announcement over the PA system that they're about to start monitoring your every move.

12 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

There are accounts on this site that cant be blocked as well js.

Also, true story regarding tin foil hats. We have a engineer at work that lines the inside of his hardhat with tinfoil because he is paranoid about the company using chip technology, on his security badge, to track his location. Its pretty frikn hilarious and hard to keep a straight face while listening to him explain why he is purposely wearing:D:D around a tinfoil hat. He's not doing it as a prank mind you, he is seriously paranoid over being monitored. You cant make this sh/t up lololol.

Is his badge kept under his helmet?

2 hours ago, r'hllor's dirtbag lobster said:

Is his badge kept under his helmet?

I think thats his strategy (keep the badge nestled near the tinfoil in order to block it from giving up his location). Ironically, i'd estimate around 80 % of our facilities and grounds are covered by surveillance cameras, not certain what his strategy is for avoiding those lololol.

17 hours ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

I think thats his strategy (keep the badge nestled near the tinfoil in order to block it from giving up his location). Ironically, i'd estimate around 80 % of our facilities and grounds are covered by surveillance cameras, not certain what his strategy is for avoiding those lololol.

My guess is that he is actually doing this as a comfort / fashion issue but is slightly embarrassed.  His embarrassment is the mother of this plausible cover story.

Some eggheads once did a 'study' where they found out that hats made out of tinfoil can actually amplify certain electromagnetic signals (mostly where cell phone signals are). To be fair, they do block much of the spectrum though.

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2012/09/tin-foil-hats-actually-make-it-easier-for-the-government-to-track-your-thoughts/262998/

I'm not quite certain what frequency those chip transmitters use (it may be similar to the ones in your enhanced license, where the government does monitor say your entry into the country from Mexico etc from what I recall.

Archived