Star Wars Rebels: How Does the Force Really Work? (spoilers for everything Star Wars)

Corvinus85

Totally hated it. It started so well with Kanan's sacrifice, but after that it was shit IMO.

Twice they played the animals ex machina card. Once might have been okay, but twice, it is just too much.

What pissed me off mostly was that yet again we don't get an ending for Ezra or Ahsoka. Being honest, I never cared as much for Rebels original characters, but just skipping over Ezra was too stupid. Same about Thrawn and Ahsoka. Main protagonist of the show, arguably main protagonist of the other cartoon show and probably the most famous EU character just didn't participate in the war for whatever reasons.

Expect them to get back in some form, and this is becoming ridiculous now. A story should have an ending, not leave everything open for some other potential story in the future.

My love for Star Wars is rapidly changing to hate. Since Disney bought the franchise, I have only bad words about it.

On 3/7/2018 at 2:03 PM, felice said:

They made it clear that they were acting independently of the "official" Rebel Alliance, so it technically doesn't count as a Rebel victory. A bit of a stretch, but I can live with it. And I'm not entirely sure that removing two Jedi from the fight doesn't count as a net Imperial victory!

So, you're saying what they said about Scarif being their first victory is true, from a certain point of view...

I loved the show overall and thought they ended it well, with great resolutions to the story lines and characters, while keeping things open for future stories.

• 4 weeks later...

FINALLY caught up and watched the end.  It was fantastic. Very well done. Sure there were a couole holes...but I enjoyed it.

Kanan's sacrifice was well done.  The end on Lothal worked (mostly). 

Very satisfying.

On 3/10/2018 at 4:09 PM, TheRevanchist said:

Totally hated it. It started so well with Kanan's sacrifice, but after that it was shit IMO...

...Expect them to get back in some form, and this is becoming ridiculous now. A story should have an ending, not leave everything open for some other potential story in the future.

My love for Star Wars is rapidly changing to hate. Since Disney bought the franchise, I have only bad words about it.

Well, I can't disagree with you more about the ending. I loved it. I feel like Dave Filloni felt really burned by having Clone Wars yanked form under him, so he ended Rebels while he had the power to do so on his own terms. I can respect that. And as for leaving Throawn, Ahsoka, and Ezra's stories "open" I don't feel that way. This series was always about Lothal, and that story got told.

I'm sure we'll get another animated series from Dave Filloni, and you can bet the Rebels cast will be a part of it. I'm just not sure how big a part. My wish is we get a sort of anthology series that takes place parallel to the original trilogy timeline. A sort of "Tales of the Rebellion" show where we could have an episode featuring Sabine, or Hera, or Zebb, Kalus, maybe Boba Fett & some bounty hunter episodes, an Ezra arc, a Thrawn arc, etc. but also introduce some new characters. However, that's not likely to happen. But it should.

And as for your "love for Star Wars is rapidly changing to hate. Since Disney bought the franchise, I have only bad words about it," I cannot say the same for myself. However, I can empathize. Since TLJ I've felt a severe blow to my love of Star Wars. Rebels & Rogue One have been great additions, IMHO. A lot of the books and comics have been getting high praise from fans, too. I haven't read any except the Thrawn novel (meh) and the first volume of the Darth Vader comic at Marvel. (ranges from meh to awesome)

4 hours ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

Well, I can't disagree with you more about the ending. I loved it. I feel like Dave Filloni felt really burned by having Clone Wars yanked form under him, so he ended Rebels while he had the power to do so on his own terms. I can respect that. And as for leaving Throawn, Ahsoka, and Ezra's stories "open" I don't feel that way. This series was always about Lothal, and that story got told.

I'm sure we'll get another animated series from Dave Filloni, and you can bet the Rebels cast will be a part of it. I'm just not sure how big a part. My wish is we get a sort of anthology series that takes place parallel to the original trilogy timeline. A sort of "Tales of the Rebellion" show where we could have an episode featuring Sabine, or Hera, or Zebb, Kalus, maybe Boba Fett & some bounty hunter episodes, an Ezra arc, a Thrawn arc, etc. but also introduce some new characters. However, that's not likely to happen. But it should.

And as for your "love for Star Wars is rapidly changing to hate. Since Disney bought the franchise, I have only bad words about it," I cannot say the same for myself. However, I can empathize. Since TLJ I've felt a severe blow to my love of Star Wars. Rebels & Rogue One have been great additions, IMHO. A lot of the books and comics have been getting high praise from fans, too. I haven't read any except the Thrawn novel (meh) and the first volume of the Darth Vader comic at Marvel. (ranges from meh to awesome)

A series set between ANW and Empire would be good, if dark given the rebels get beat. Maybe have Ezra instruct Luke in some basic Force stuff?

Well I, for one, do not have any issues (currently) with Star Wars post Disney.  I may question some things (JJ on these movies for instance), but at the moment, they seem to be approaching the universe as a whole and attempting some editorial regulation.  I'm hoping I can get to the Star Wars land at Disney World sooner rather that later also. 

Overall, despite my disdain for JJ, post Disney has rejuvenated me, as I hadn' followed the EU all that closely. Yet now I am jumping more back on board...

• 3 weeks later...

Filoni's new series is called Star Wars Resistance. Will focus on fighter pilots in the run up to The Force Awakens. Oscar Issac and Gwendoline Christie are confirmed to reprise their roles, but the main character is someone new. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2018/04/26/star-wars-resistance-takes-over-animated-skies-fall-disney-channel/552407002/

The only part of that news that I don't like is the series will look similar to a Japanase anime. I don't like that style, in particular how character reactions are shown. I'm hoping this will be better.

It's nice that just as actors from the original movies (Jones, McDiarmid) have reprised their roles for Rebels, some of the new film actors will do the same with this one.

Archived