Eastercon 2017, Birmingham

williamjm

I was wondering if anyone else from here was planning to go to this year's Eastercon in Birmingham? I remember discussing this at last year's Titancon and a few people said they were going or thinking they were going. I've decided to go along since it should be relatively easy to get to from Cambridge and last year's Eastercon in Manchester was good fun.

I am trying to find a way to go without it being too expensive. I am up for sharing rooms. That hotel has twin rooms but is expensive. On the other hand, the closest vaguely-cheap hotels are annoyingly far away. Still, put it this way, I want to go and will probably find a way.

• 2 months later...
On 10/01/2017 at 1:15 AM, Toft said:

I am trying to find a way to go without it being too expensive. I am up for sharing rooms. That hotel has twin rooms but is expensive. On the other hand, the closest vaguely-cheap hotels are annoyingly far away. Still, put it this way, I want to go and will probably find a way.

Did you decide to go in the end?

I believe that some other boarders/TitanCon people like Jo, Phil and Richard are going to be there as well.

I will be there, arriving about midday on Friday, leaving about 5pm on Monday. Staying at the Hilton.

We have a table for TitanCon in the Fan Tables area of the dealer room. If anybody is up for volunteering to do an hour or two on the table over the weekend then please let me or Jo know so that we can add you to the schedule. Either let us know if you have limited availability or if there is a day/time you definitely can't clash with.

Looking forward to seeing you guys this weekend!

PS: I believe Toft will be there just for Saturday and part of Sunday.

12 hours ago, theMountainGoat said:

I will be there, arriving about midday on Friday, leaving about 5pm on Monday. Staying at the Hilton.

We have a table for TitanCon in the Fan Tables area of the dealer room. If anybody is up for volunteering to do an hour or two on the table over the weekend then please let me or Jo know so that we can add you to the schedule. Either let us know if you have limited availability or if there is a day/time you definitely can't clash with.

Looking forward to seeing you guys this weekend!

I'll be arriving and leaving around about the same time. By the time I got round to booking the con hotel seemed mostly full, so I'm staying at the Arden hotel instead which seems to be fairly nearby.

I've just seen Jo's message on Facebook, so I'll reply there, I should be avaiable to help out.

I haven't looked at the program in much detail yet so not sure what I'll go to, although I see both Zoe and Peadar are doing author readings.

Archived