Taboo: Tom Hardy's historical drama (BBC1/FX) [spoilers]

AncalagonTheBlack

9 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

It's actually Oona Chaplin, who played Robb's wife in GoT. Rapace and Hardy were paired up in The Drop, though.

I enjoyed the first episode and I'm looking forward to more Tom Hardy madness. Even just watching him walk around on the streets is somewhat entertaining. Agree with all that it is kind of hard to understand him at times.

Ohhhh thanks for the clarification on the sister. I thought my eyes were tricking me, some of these actors/actresses can appear dramatically different from role to role.

Who do you think that

Spoiler

poisoned

his father? My guess would be

Spoiler

either the daughter or the lawyer.

I hope it's not David Hayman's character.

On 11/1/2017 at 11:42 PM, Prince of the North said:

Yeah, I can't wait for that guy to get his (and I do believe bad things are gonna happen to him).  Also, I agree with the spoilers here.  After all...

Hide contents

Zilpha did say her father "disgraced" her.

It's not that he is obviously a *villain*, Jonathan Pryce is also a *villain* but he is great, he is just really annoying. Maybe they wanted for people to dislike him and support James over him.

8 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Who do you think that

Reveal hidden contents

poisoned

his father? My guess would be

Hide contents

either the daughter or the lawyer.

I hope it's not David Hayman's character.

It's not that he is obviously a *villain*, Jonathan Pryce is also a *villain* but he is great, he is just really annoying. Maybe they wanted for people to dislike him and support James over him.

Yeah, I agree...

Spoiler

...that, for now, I would lean toward the daughter and/or son-in-law.  Didn't the son-in-law say that they'd already made a lucrative deal with the EIT Co. for the property in Vancouver, BC?  But, then, maybe that's too obvious?

And, yes, the son-in-law David Hayman character is supposed to be annoying and unlikable...and, for me, it's working!;)

Enjoyed the show and think it has real potential. Agree with whoever said no real hook, but the episode certainly planted a bunch of seeds for the season. 

When the guy raising the boy Forst grabbed Hardy, I heard him say "your father's son" so I think the boy is Hardy's nephew (half sister with father). Did I mishear?

Also, we sort of know this ends with the island going to the crown somehow right? I mean Vancouver did end up with Canada and not the US.

4 hours ago, unJon said:

Enjoyed the show and think it has real potential. Agree with whoever said no real hook, but the episode certainly planted a bunch of seeds for the season. 

Hide contents

When the guy raising the boy Forst grabbed Hardy, I heard him say "your father's son" so I think the boy is Hardy's nephew (half sister with father). Did I mishear?

Also, we sort of know this ends with the island going to the crown somehow right? I mean Vancouver did end up with Canada and not the US.

I think the official story could be that he is the father's son. That doesnt necessarily mean its true though, perhaps things just align to make that story plausible (The father at that time having remarried and/or taking a mistress since Zilpha was born)

4 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I think the official story could be that he is the father's son. That doesnt necessarily mean its true though, perhaps things just align to make that story plausible (The father at that time having remarried and/or taking a mistress since Zilpha was born)

Sure but that plus the daughter saying the father disgraced her plus it looking like Hardy has been gone 12 years . . .

Not saying the twist won't be that it's Hardy's kid, I just think they dropped more clues that it's the father's kid  

They dropped some pretty strong hints that James' feelings for his sister were more than brotherly. If Horace felt the same way towards his daughter, that's hitting the incest issue perhaps a bit too hard.

10 hours ago, Prince of the North said:

And, yes, the son-in-law David Hayman character is supposed to be annoying and unlikable...and, for me, it's working!;)

Me too. Also a small detail, Jefferson Hall, the annoying brother in law is Hugh of the Vale.
David Hayman is the man who James meets at his house who he said that he is the only one who he, James, can trust. I am not sure what he is servant?

10 hours ago, Prince of the North said:

Yeah, I agree...

Hide contents

...that, for now, I would lean toward the daughter and/or son-in-law.  Didn't the son-in-law say that they'd already made a lucrative deal with the EIT Co. for the property in Vancouver, BC?  But, then, maybe that's too obvious?

Yes both he and the company said it. But how they could kill him? Now that I am thinking about it, the son in law is more likely than the daughter.

1 minute ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Me too. Also a small detail, Jefferson Hall, the annoying brother in law is Hugh of the Vale.
David Hayman is the man who James meets at his house who he said that he is the only one who he, James, can trust. I am not sure what he is servant?

Yes both he and the company said it. But how they could kill him? Now that I am thinking about it, the son in law is more likely than the daughter.

Ah, thanks for setting me straight.  I should have looked at that before assuming:)  I definitely mean the son-in-law played by Jefferson Hall is the annoying, unlikable one.  I hadn't even considered the David Hayman character yet...but now I will have to think about him, too.  I just took him to be exactly what he seemed but, with this show, I'm not sure anything can simply be taken at face value.  Because...

Spoiler

...really, who better than a trusted friend/servant to poison someone's food or drink?;)

49 minutes ago, mormont said:

They dropped some pretty strong hints that James' feelings for his sister were more than brotherly. If Horace felt the same way towards his daughter, that's hitting the incest issue perhaps a bit too hard.

True. I'm on the fence. 

1 hour ago, Prince of the North said:

Hide contents

...really, who better than a trusted friend/servant to poison someone's food or drink?;)

I thought that too - especially after Hardy making a point of saying he was the only one he could trust.

53 minutes ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Yes,but WHAT DOES IT MEAN!!!! :D

Someone ought to call Ghostbusters. 

Could you change the title to [spoilers] ? Makes it easier if we aren't having to tag everything all the time

56 minutes ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Yes,but WHAT DOES IT MEAN!!!! :D

The woman he sees with the white face? His mother?

2 hours ago, Prince of the North said:

Ah, thanks for setting me straight.  I should have looked at that before assuming:)  I definitely mean the son-in-law played by Jefferson Hall is the annoying, unlikable one.  I hadn't even considered the David Hayman character yet...but now I will have to think about him, too.  I just took him to be exactly what he seemed but, with this show, I'm not sure anything can simply be taken at face value.  Because...

Reveal hidden contents

I understood what you mean I should had been more clear.

I like David Hayman's character, sorry I don't rememeber the name and I cannot call him th servant all the time, and I don't want him to be another one of his enemies. 

Archived