Plot developments / expectations for The Winds of Winter

Lord Varys

Wow, I really think a lot of different things will happen compared to most people here.

First, in the nort there won t be a definite battle between stannis and the boltons. maybe some skirmishes, but nothing serious... why?

Because with the attack of jon snow, the wildlings revolting, the pink letter and maybe the others launching a first attack on the wall there will certainly be chaos on the wall that will make mel send soldiers to kidnap shireen so that she can burn her in order to do some magic. This will doom stannis because as he has gained some birds he will send a letter to selyse who will tell him what is happening and that he needs to come to the castle black as soon as possible.However, when he arrives shireen is already dead, selyse is dead or crazy and he will decide to kill melisandre and himself.

Besides this I exapect to davos to stay mia for in skaavos looking for rickon the entire book or discovering he is dead otherwise we will have some competition between the northern lords to use rickon as a pupet king and the story simply doesn t need it... This will make the northern lords to use robbs will and make jon their leader. Afterwards, jon will have to resolve whatever is happening with the wildlings because the pink letter and his stabing stinks of some power play by some wildlings... And then if we have time there can be the battle between the north and the boltons.

In oldtown,  when sam says he is the NW maester that has to give hime access to the secrets in the citadel everybody wants, otherwise it is impossible to do anything with that storyline in a short period of time. Basically he arrives, starts studing the secrets, euron attacks, he runs away with the secrets to the wal...

In kingslanding, in order to end the story in 2 books aegon/jon connington have to make an agreement with the high sparrow to declare aegon as the true king (which actually makes sense from the faith poiint of view). Aterwads cercei can burn the faithfull which make people riot. when aegon arrives at kings landing he is received with open arms byt the people and the lannisters are already defeated (maby arya kills cercei otherwise her training is starting to sound useless because she is losing all her targets)

In mereen, it is the most unpredictable place. Basically tyrion and victarion are too much of wildcards to predict. I just hope that danny is sailing towards westeros by the end of the book, maybe chaising victarion that stole 1 of her dragons...

On 25/02/2017 at 1:16 PM, Lord Varys said:

If we assume Tyrion is told (by Barristan Selmy) that he could be Dany's half-brother (as I think he will) and he is taking the fact that he became a dragonrider as confirmation that this might actually be the case then he might discover enough brotherly feelings for Daenerys to actually go look for her - rather than declare her dead and take command of all her forces to conquer Westeros in his own name as 'Tyrion Targaryen' or Tyrion Truefyre or whatever fancy name he might give himself as a Targaryen bastard.

Actually there is no chance that tyrion could be her half brother. He is the younger brother... the ones that could be half targ are cercei and jamie. Even from the literary point of view it is much better to have the hated dwarf as tywin only true son and the perfect twins as targs than the other way around... it would be cheesy and low quality

On 5/14/2017 at 5:26 PM, Rodx said:

Some of My Thought on the Winds of Winter :

The Wall : 

We have some POV  inside Ghost's head (being possesed by Jon's) 

We Have some flashbacks on Melissandre's mind about his time on Asshai,She read the pink letter,
in a moment of despair,She will try ressurrect Jon by burning Sheeren at the stake,some Dragon Egg that lies on The Wall 
since Dance of the Dragon's time will hatch causing the Wall to fall . (but this will happens at the books's ending)

Stannis :

Stannis will send Asha and some man agains the Frey at the twins. with the Help of Bran trough a tree,Stannis and his man enter Winterfell trough a Shortcut,Stannis wins,Ramsay is aprisoned and have a destiny similar to Vargo Hoat but being feed to his dogs piece by piece instead (like in the show) .

Euron and Cersey :

Euron will kill Aeron and Fallia in a ritual summoning a storm that will destroy all the ships of redwine and all his enemies fleet . after that he goes to king's Landing and do a marriage proposal to Cersey .

King's Landing :

Cersey is free from his judgement and recover's his position of Regent Queen and Marries Euron . Cersey start to plot a revenge agains averyone at the city .
The King´s Landing master armourer Tobho Mott knows the secret about Valiryan Steel from Qohor .
Cersey start to sacrifice children in order to forge more Valyrian Steel .

General thoughs :

I don't have Idea of what will happens to Sansa,Arya,Jaime and at meeren,Tyrion and Daenerys, but I think maybe is a possibility of Arys cross ways with Tyrion like said in the serie's leaked plans .

My general problem with your prediction here is it just leaves way too much  to cover in ADOS.  Jon is going to become King in the North the set-up is there, he will need to rally others for the great war and it will need to happen then we have the aftermath. That means either another book after ADOS or Winds needs to end much further than you have predicted.  

I feel Jon will be ressurected about half way through the book, leave the Nightswatch and be declared King in the North, it may be he doesn't fight in the battle for WInterfell but I suspect so given the pink letter.

On 2017-6-27 at 6:25 PM, JonSnowed said:

My general problem with your prediction here is it just leaves way too much  to cover in ADOS.  Jon is going to become King in the North the set-up is there, he will need to rally others for the great war and it will need to happen then we have the aftermath. That means either another book after ADOS or Winds needs to end much further than you have predicted.  

I feel Jon will be ressurected about half way through the book, leave the Nightswatch and be declared King in the North, it may be he doesn't fight in the battle for WInterfell but I suspect so given the pink letter.

When I do this predictions was a long time since I read the books, and I made some wrong .

I reread the books again (yep,I read all in only one month) I will post my new predictions soon .

My new predictions : 

Cersei : will have his position restored as Queen Regent,with the help of Sor Robert Strong will eliminate some of his enemies,will plans to made a marriage alliance with Euron,and will fly to Casterly Rock with all the court allowing Kings Landing to be taken by FAegon and Connington based in his teen love for Raegar, . at some point she will successful capture Sansa .

Euron : will defeat Redwine fleet by summoning Krakens using mage's blood, at some point,will go to Oldtown,his last move is go to Casterly Rock and marry Cersei here .

Arya : is send to Black Pearl to train as a courtesan,will cross patch with Tyrion at some point,returning to Westeros and invading Casterly Rock at Cersei's marriage to kill her and save Sansa .

Tyrion : at some point will go to Braavos(is where the whore's go) and cross patch with Arya,will plan to take Casterly Rock and kill Cersei with help of Second Sons .

Sansa : will made Littlefinger being killed by lady Stoneheart at some point,but will be captured by Cersei after .

Stannis : will win the battle of Winterfell and left the castle with Karstark and return to the wall,at a climax agains the White Walkers will burn Sheeren .

The wall :  Jon will be ressurrected by Melissandre using Mance Raider's cloak of red silk from Asshai that he left with her after go save Jayne Poole . Melissandre writte the pink letter .

Davos : will go to skagos discovers that some Skagosi take the White Walkers for gods and made sacrifice for them like Craster,will enconter Benjen Stark here .

Archived