khal drogon

Book readers, Which character do you miss the most in the show?

18 posts in this topic

Mine is Victarion Greyjoy.

Edited by khal drogon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Lady Stoneheart

Mine too.

But I'd like to see Jeyne Westerling, Jeyne Pool, Kettlebeck brothers, Arianne Martell, Ronnet Connington Aegon........ :P

Edited by Cridefea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The real Sansa and Jaime. For minor characters that were on the show, the real Wyman Manderly and Jeyne Poole (was in pilot, sat next to Sansa at banquet), Tyene Sand, Doran, Hotah.

Non show characters - Arianne, Jeyne Westerling, Darkstar, Jon Connington and Young Griff.

Edited by A Ghost of Someone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

The real Sansa and Jaime. For minor characters that were on the show, the real Wyman Manderly and Jeyne Poole (was in pilot, sat next to Sansa at banquet), Tyene Sand, Doran, Hotah.

Add missing Brienne, Jon, Arya, Samwell, Tyrion, and Theon too. For the minors I miss Euron, Asha/Yara, Wyman, Jeyne Poole, Doran, Ellaria, Tyene, Loras, Blackfish, Royce and Stannis. Oh and I miss book LF and Varys as well. Aside from a few episodes of personality amnesia Davos is one of the few in character.

Non show characters I miss - Garlan, Arianne, LS, Aegon. With the leaks and the bore KL was in S6 I now wish they had incorporated him. And for Yara's and Theon's sake I wish they put in Vic.

Originally it made sense to me why some characters were cut and merged into pre-existing ones, but it always is at the detriment of the characterization and logic where most of the characters have developed mutliple personality syndrome. 

I don't miss Ramsay.

Edited by sweetsunray

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, sweetsunray said:

Add missing Brienne, Jon, Arya, Samwell, Tyrion, and Theon too. For the minors I miss Euron, Asha/Yara, Wyman, Jeyne Poole, Doran, Ellaria, Tyene, Loras, Blackfish, Royce and Stannis. Oh and I miss book LF and Varys as well. Aside from a few episodes of personality amnesia Davos is one of the few in character.

Non show characters I miss - Garlan, Arianne, LS, Aegon. With the leaks and the bore KL was in S6 I now wish they had incorporated him. And for Yara's and Theon's sake I wish they put in Vic.

Originally it made sense to me why some characters were cut and merged into pre-existing ones, but it always is at the detriment of the characterization and logic where most of the characters have developed mutliple personality syndrome. 

I don't miss Ramsay.

Oh Doran. I think we got him ( a few scenes of a similar Doran). It's a pitty he didn't last to have his story because he was "weak". But it's Fire and Blood what matters, you know.

Edited by Meera of Tarth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in a minority probably, but I also miss Penny. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, of man and wolf said:

The Direwolves

Duh! Show managed to influence me enough to forget them. Aboslutely! I miss the direwolves!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, sweetsunray said:

Add missing Brienne, Jon, Arya, Samwell, Tyrion, and Theon too. For the minors I miss Euron, Asha/Yara, Wyman, Jeyne Poole, Doran, Ellaria, Tyene, Loras, Blackfish, Royce and Stannis. Oh and I miss book LF and Varys as well. Aside from a few episodes of personality amnesia Davos is one of the few in character.

Yep, all of these. Of course also Jaime and Sansa. I'd add Daenerys and Catelyn as well.

When it comes to characters that weren't on the show: I love Dorne in the books and Arianne is one of my favourites, so I obviously miss her. 

Also: Lady Stoneheart and Jeyne Westerling. To some extent also Jon Con and Young Griff. I can understand why they cut them, but I liked Jon Con in the books and I think they would have made the story more interesting.

I really don't like Victarion, but Theon's and Asha/Yara's story would have been better if they had included him. 

5 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I'm in a minority probably, but I also miss Penny. 

I miss her as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I'm in a minority probably, but I also miss Penny. 

I'm not necessarily a fan of Penny, but well she does add something to Tyrion's growth, and puts his previous life in a new perspective.

I get the cutting of characters from an abbreviated story POV, but it has a huge impact on characterization of main and secondary characters whose own characterization is sacrificed to fill in the shoes of a minor character.

35 minutes ago, Lady of Whisperers said:

I really don't like Victarion, but Theon's and Asha/Yara's story would have been better if they had included him.

Exactly! I don't like Vic as a personality and he's not deeply layered. But if it means having Asha being cramped ino becoming Vicky, I prefer having Vic himself.

Edited by sweetsunray

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish we've had Aegon and Jon Connington included, instead we've got an unstoppable Queen Cersei and Jorah the explorer traversing Planetos to find a cure for greyscale.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, sweetsunray said:

Add missing Brienne, Jon, Arya, Samwell, Tyrion, and Theon too. For the minors I miss Euron, Asha/Yara, Wyman, Jeyne Poole, Doran, Ellaria, Tyene, Loras, Blackfish, Royce and Stannis. Oh and I miss book LF and Varys as well. Aside from a few episodes of personality amnesia Davos is one of the few in character.

Non show characters I miss - Garlan, Arianne, LS, Aegon. With the leaks and the bore KL was in S6 I now wish they had incorporated him. And for Yara's and Theon's sake I wish they put in Vic.

Originally it made sense to me why some characters were cut and merged into pre-existing ones, but it always is at the detriment of the characterization and logic where most of the characters have developed mutliple personality syndrome. 

I don't miss Ramsay.

Cannot argue there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The two Jeynes - Poole and Westerling.  Not only do I like them, but their absence did horrible damage to the stories of Sansa and Robb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2017 at 1:24 AM, sweetsunray said:

Exactly! I don't like Vic as a personality and he's not deeply layered. But if it means having Asha being cramped ino becoming Vicky, I prefer having Vic himself.

That's true but if done properly he will appeal to the show demographic. And we would have got true Euron instead of the amalgam we got.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, khal drogon said:

That's true but if done properly he will appeal to the show demographic. And we would have got true Euron instead of the amalgam we got.

Also true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been wracking my brain, and I can't come up with a single character I find important or interesting that the show failed to include. All of my favorite characters made it into the show. If I have to say anybody, however, I guess I would go with Aegon, because he's the most likely to make any kind of impact in the plot, though I believe he's a red herring and is simply another obstacle for Danerys to overcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.