How much would you pay for signed U.K. first GOT set?

thouku

I think they are overpriced. I'm not sure how much value Jim's signature adds to the books but it can't be $2-3K. You would be better off buying them separately and maybe contacting Jim Burns to see if he would sign them. Also, Clash looks like it has yellow (age?) spots on the pages and the books have crumpled spines. For that amount, I would want ultra fine copies.

I'm also wary of GRRM's signature on AGOT. If you look, you can see how hard the pen was pressed into the copyright page and corresponding page... the others are not like that and have a more natural (smooth) flow to the signature. A telltale sign of a forgery.

Thanks for that Becca. 

I've asked the seller for provenance and he's shared the original receipt of where he's bought it from. It's from a reputable auction house here in the U.K. and the pics do tie up to the pics on their official auction catalogue so I'm confident the signatures are genuine. 

Only thing that is now biting me is the price. Will try and make an offer and see if the seller accepts.

Thanks so much for your help!

Cheers,

Chris

I just looked at one of mine.  It was from the initial AGOT book tour (second stop? Book receipt has the event date and time and location - Austin, TX )  It looks more similar to the AGOT in that listing, so I would think it's OK.  You are right that it does look a bit different than the usual one.  If I didn't have the receipt (and more writing in the way of a personalization) I would be worried mine wasn't a good signature. 

Archived