The true light bringer

LFesq12

So here is my theory and it is a little out there but let me know what you think. 

The true light bringer created its own light as well as its own heat. Therefore we know that Stanis' sword is just pretty and not the true Light bringer. My theory is regarding what happened to the real sword. Assuming the sword was not destroyed and was instead hidden; the sword was placed under winterfell for safe keeping. In so doing the sword generates heat and prevents winterfell from freezing, creating the boiling springs. Maybe completely crazy but think about it. 

28 minutes ago, LFesq12 said:

Therefore we know that Stanis' sword is just pretty and not the true Light bringer.

A bit OT, but it always struck me that Stannis sword didn't have any psychological effect at Blackwater while 'Renly's ghost' was quite devastating. Probably wouldn't have changed anything in the end...

Per LFesq12

the sword was placed under winterfell for safe keeping. In so doing the sword generates heat and prevents winterfell from freezing, creating the boiling springs.

There's an alternate theory that there's a dragon living under Winterfell. Me, I go with plain old Earth-normal geothermal.

Besides, if the sword generated that much heat, you couldn't even get near the thing, much less wield it, without being burned alive. Consider the extent of the hot springs under the Winterfell castle compound - and note the differences between "temperature" and "heat energy".

Archived