College Football 2017: Butch Jones' Locker

Ded As Ned

24 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I'm just really disappointed that Kentucky did not extend an offer to Kobe Buffalomeat.

Great name. But if you're 6'7" 285 pounds and raised in a town with a D1 university, and still don't get a scholarship from that D1 university, you must be catastrophically terrible at football.

• 2 weeks later...

Man, this is disheartening. Yahoo and others reporting that a 41 year old adopted son of Jerry Sandusky, has been charged with several counts of a sexual nature with a child. Explicit texting, requesting sexually explicit pictures etc.

1 hour ago, dbunting said:

Man, this is disheartening. Yahoo and others reporting that a 41 year old adopted son of Jerry Sandusky, has been charged with several counts of a sexual nature with a child. Explicit texting, requesting sexually explicit pictures etc.

Runs in the family I guess:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18678266/jerry-sandusky-son-jeffrey-charged-child-sexual-abuse

His father can save him a space in the deepest depths of Hell for all I care.

43 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Runs in the family I guess:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18678266/jerry-sandusky-son-jeffrey-charged-child-sexual-abuse

His father can save him a space in the deepest depths of Hell for all I care.

I think I heard that he was adopted.  Considering what we know about Jerry Sandusky it makes you wonder if he may have been abused as a child himself, which as far as I am aware is a risk factor in developing that kind of behavior.  

• 2 weeks later...

NCAA preparing to go full nuclear on Ole Miss. They cheated in a more blatant way than we've seen since the mid 80s, early 90s heyday of dirty programs. This is going to get ugly for the ole Rebs.

In the mean time, former Ole Miss head coach, and documented cheater, Ed Orgeron is picking up right where he left off with his new digs in Baton Rouge.

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, sperry said:

A wide receiver from Kentucky transferred to Oklahoma. Is he any good?

Badet could be a great receiver, but his propensity to drop balls (especially long, open ones) hurt his number of targets at UK as the seasons wore on (although he did have his share of great catches).  Hated to see him go, because if he could just stop dropping balls he could put up great numbers.

All signs point the Mountaineers having a better season than last. Why? We have a competent college QB and and a stable of RB's. Defense hasn't lost a whole lot, and Gibby might be on of the best DC's in college football. I am highly, yet still skeptical of how our season will shake out. I definitely think you will see a QB that is on par with other BIG XII QB's and we will be a more balanced team overall. I don't know how I feel about the Spavital hire for OC, only time will tell. Oh, and Tevin Bush a freshman RB has by all accounts, been showing he's the real deal. Excited to see him.

• 1 month later...

@Michael Seswatha Jordan @S John

I was at a soccer tournament in Lexington today browsing the schlock vendor and another dad wanders over doing the same. He's wearing a navy shirt with yellow lettering. I can't see any college logo, but the shirt says "Saturdays are for couch burning."

I look at him and say, "That's gotta be a West Virginia shirt."  He laughs and admits it is as well as confessing to being a part of a couple ceremonial conflagrations in his younger years. :lol: 

We both acknowledged that a lack of smart phones in our college years was a good thing and went our separate ways.

• 1 month later...

Archived