College Football 2017: Butch Jones' Locker

Ded As Ned

So without Francois FSU's offense looks as expected. Blackman did show some promise though so they might open it up a little more now, but the defense needs to wake up for the 2nd half. The annointed one Derwin James missed a huge tackle on a long td.

And Aguayo Jr. missed a 30 yard chip shot. He does have great, voluptuous hair at least.

ETA: And down goes one of our best WR out with a wrist injury.

man Washington State can't catch a break, this week is a week they play at home as an undefeated team, and gameday declares there are no good games anywhere in the country and elect to go to NYC. 

They play hot and crush Nevada, and are now 4-0 and have USC coming to Pullman Washington next week, which is also 4-0, so it's a battle of unbeatens in the Pac 12, with a top five blue blood team.

Clearly this is it! 

There could not be a more perfect scenario for Washington State to FINALLY get College Gameday to come to their campus. The decades long commitment of flying the flag will finally pay off! They're finally going to host gameday on Saturday!!!!!

wait, what's that?

Oh...

The game is on Friday?!

SON OF A BITCH!

(poor washington state!)

14 hours ago, Rhom said:

From Lexington to my hometown is a 80 mile drive on the Bluegrass Parkway.

Every Saturday in the fall, it becomes a modern day Trail of Tears.

:crying: 

Yowza...I just saw how that game ended.  Heartbreaker.

12 hours ago, lokisnow said:

man Washington State can't catch a break, this week is a week they play at home as an undefeated team, and gameday declares there are no good games anywhere in the country and elect to go to NYC. 

They play hot and crush Nevada, and are now 4-0 and have USC coming to Pullman Washington next week, which is also 4-0, so it's a battle of unbeatens in the Pac 12, with a top five blue blood team.

Clearly this is it! 

There could not be a more perfect scenario for Washington State to FINALLY get College Gameday to come to their campus. The decades long commitment of flying the flag will finally pay off! They're finally going to host gameday on Saturday!!!!!

wait, what's that?

Oh...

The game is on Friday?!

SON OF A BITCH!

(poor washington state!)

LOL.  Well, not to rub it in...but I plan on attending Gameday in Blacksburg this Saturday.  It's been 10 years since they've been here...should be a good time.  I'm biased of course...but I think they still would be in Blacksburg even if the WSU-USC game was on Saturday.  We have the #2 vs #12 team.  USC-WSU is #6-#16.  And they've talked many times about how having Gameday in Blacksburg back in '99 really kicked off the whole popularity of it.  But maybe that tradition of having a WSU flag at every Gameday would have won out.  Who knows?  In any case, I'll look for the WSU flag on Saturday...now I gotta go think about a sign to make...

Our 3rd QB is better than the 1st or the 2nd. Our 4th QB might be also. :-/

Interested to see if our D can actually play the rest of the way, if so, we actually still have a shot to win the North.

Ok, the old wound was ripped open again Saturday night, but has healed enough for me to come out of hiding.  With Eastern Michigan and Mizzou being the next 2 on the schedule, we should be sitting at 5-1 at the midseason mark.  If you'd offered me that before the season I woulda taken it without thinking twice.  

Then we have the bye week before I have to listen to those idiotic cow bells in Starkville. 

1 hour ago, Triskan said:

After the high that USC ended last year on this year has been confusing.  They were unbeaten heading into last night, and WSU is actually pretty good now, so that's a tough game, but USC struggled to put away weaker teams at home.  Darnold has looked great in terms of top plays and clutchness but hasn't lit it up overall which also surprises.  

I think with the tape we've seen so far he stays in school another year.

Alabama, Georgia, maybe Auburn are the only good teams in the SEC this year, it seems. Mullenoids confirmed as frauds after second humiliation in a row.  :smug: 

ETA: Speaking of Bama, they will name their score against this dogshit Ole Miss team. I guess it's exactly what they deserve. 

ETA2: LSU down big at home to...Troy. Orgeron fired tonight?  

45 minutes ago, Ferrum Aeternum said:

Alabama, Georgia, maybe Auburn are the only good teams in the SEC this year, it seems. Mullenoids confirmed as frauds after second humiliation in a row.  :smug: 

ETA: Speaking of Bama, they will name their score against this dogshit Ole Miss team. I guess it's exactly what they deserve. 

ETA2: LSU down big at home to...Troy. Orgeron fired tonight?  

Never underestimate former Kentucky Offensive Coordinator Neal Brown!!!

6 hours ago, sperry said:

Looking at FSU's schedule, I'm having a hard time finding 6 wins for them to get to a bowl game.

I texted that to my buddy today while watching them barely beat WF. Their O-line stinks, they have an 18 y/o 3-star freshman starting at QB, and the defense has not looked good besides the Bama game. Miami is on the horizon and it isn't looking too promising. 

But I should look on the bright side, I finally got my first football win of the year today. Fuck you, Giants.

Archived