College Football 2017: Butch Jones' Locker

Ded As Ned

2 hours ago, sperry said:

It would be such a travesty for a 1 loss OU to be left out of the playoff in favor of an Ohio State team that OU dominated in Columbus.

At this point, it's unlikely any team in the Big 12 comes out of the regular season with only 1 loss. OU still travels to Stillwater and hosts TCU and WVU at home. The Pokes host OU and travel to Ames. TCU travels to Norman. And Iowa State travels to Morgantown and hosts the Cowboys. And if a team comes out of all that with just one loss, you still have the championship game which will be a rematch game.

November will be a brutal month for the Big 12, and surprisingly, Iowa State is in the driver's seat right now.

McElwain is officially out. I never understood how he was a considered a coaching prospect. He was the offensive coordinator for Bama, which in a vacuum sounds good. Except for the fact that his offenses were always TERRIBLE. Dude would have three NFL running backs, a starting NFL line, freak wide receivers, and they'd struggle to score.

1 hour ago, sperry said:

McElwain is officially out. I never understood how he was a considered a coaching prospect. He was the offensive coordinator for Bama, which in a vacuum sounds good. Except for the fact that his offenses were always TERRIBLE. Dude would have three NFL running backs, a starting NFL line, freak wide receivers, and they'd struggle to score.

Time to give Dan Mullen or Chip Kelly a call. 

Another ugly win but the cats are bowling at 6-2!

Kentucky was outgained by 74 yards, had 10 fewer 1st downs, lost the turnover margin 0-4, and only possessed the football for 21:35. It wasn’t pretty but the Cats beat Tennessee 29-26

Yeah Sparty!

2nd week in a row with QB throwing for over 400 yds, gets the upset win over Penn State and finds themselves in first place in their division of the Big10. 

Penn States HC is one Class Act, this is the perfect character to erase the dark years that followed the Paterno scandal. Heres a snippet about the brand of Coach he is- 

Penn State suffered a brutal loss for a second straight week, but head coach James Franklin was not going to let his players leave the field without shaking hands.

Immediately after Michigan State’s Matt Coghlin made the winning field goal as time expired, cameras panned to Franklin who was curiously sprinting toward some of his players, who were heading to the visitors locker room. It quickly became clear he wasn’t happy linebacker Koa Farmer decided not to shake hands with any MSU players. Franklin instructed Farmer and others to turn around and do so.

He said something to the effect of "We will win with Class, we will lose with class."

I like that.

Hard to overstate the value of WVUs win over ISU today.  We lose that one and I don’t know if we’d win another one.  

With last weeks loss to Oklahoma State and @ KSU, Texas, and @ OU left on the schedule -  we were primed for a spiral if we had lost today.  KSU and OU have had our number since joining the conference and Texas has been playing excellent D lately and won’t be an easy out.  Could easily see us losing 2 or even 3/3 of the remaining games, but at least bowl eligibility has been achieved and the win over a ranked team will hopefully get the juices flowing for a strong finish.  I would take 7-5, 8-4 would be great, and I’d be ecstatic with 9-3 but I think the chances of that are almost 0.

Didn't see the VT-Miami game because I was at a convention with my son...I DVR'd it...but I think I'm going to skip watching it from what I read.  I really thought we were going to get them, based on the fact that they have just squeaked through the last few weeks...oh well.  I'm still not buying that Miami is "back"...guess we'll learn more next week when they play Notre Dame in one of those "root for an asteroid to strike" kind of games.  Also, based on what I've read, I'm irritated all over again at the guys that left our program early last year - Jerod Evans, Isaiah Ford and Bucky Hodges.  We have struggled at times on offense due to youth, and if we had those guys as seniors, I really feel our game against Clemson, and this Miami game may have gone differently.  The killer is that Evans didn't get drafted, Hodges had been cut, and Ford has been on IR the whole year.  Can't second guess Ford's injury, but clearly Evans and Hodges made bad decisions to go pro early.

Oh well, on to the annual chop block fest against Georgia Tech.  Hopefully we get back on track, finish 10-2 and get an upper tier bowl game.

I'm not a terribly big fan of college football in general so I rarely catch games, but I decided to check out the badgers game tonight against Iowa State and man - this true freshman Jonathan Taylor (RB) looks like the real deal. Super impressed with his performance, and his overall stats from the season thus far look insane. 

12 minutes ago, Ramsay B. said:

Miami is for real. Ughh.

ETA: The last time the top 3 all lost on the same day was in 1966. It's looking like it might happen today. 

THE U IS BACK BABY!!!!!!

Archived