College Football 2017: Butch Jones' Locker

Ded As Ned

1 hour ago, Triskele said:

I have to wonder whether Mike Riley gets fired before I go to bed tonight.  They gave up 42 unanswered points at home to a 6-5 Iowa team.  Obviously Scott Frost will be all over the Florida and Nebraska talk.  But Nebraska is seriously diminished right now.  It's really been a while since they've been relevant.  Yes, I know that if you looked at all of their history they have a great program.  But it feels like they are not even mentioned next to Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State within the conference.  

I'd also include Wisconsin, Michigan State and Iowa in that as well before you get to where Nebraska is mentioned in Big Ten football. Maybe even Northwestern at the moment, which shows just how much they've fallen off the radar when they aren't thought of in the top half of their own conference. To be honest, they almost seem like they've been forgotten in the Big Ten, like Boston College has become in the ACC. Switching conferences doesn't always pan out, and I think those two schools are prime examples.

20 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Saturday Down South says that Chip Kelly is working out contract details with UCLA.

I think that's a much better choice for Kelly than Florida was. 

That said, I do wonder how he'll deal with UCLA. Oregon was a very good fit for Kelly, in that it doesn't have massive booster power like many other schools do nor does it have a ton of local press that would hound him. And Oregon (via Knight) would basically give Kelly whatever he wanted. He had a ton of control there to be Chip Kelly, and people wanted him for it. UCLA is closer than Florida in that way, but not nearly as much as Oregon - and as we saw in the NFL, Kelly doesn't tend to play super nicely with others.

Here's the official release:
https://twitter.com/TedMillerRK/status/934462574648729600

And now Nebraska has fired Riley presumably to get in on the Scott Frost sweepstakes.  Have to assume the alma mater is a heavy draw in that situation.

I also heard rumblings from Arkansas fans that they want to make a play for Gus Malzahn.  That could get really interesting if he were to leave Auburn.

I swear... sometimes I think the off field stuff is more interesting than the games themselves.  I know that's been a huge part of my renewed interest in the NBA.

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

Welp, on the plus side; if aTm pries Jimbo away from FSU… this performance pretty much guarantees they don’t come looking for Stoops. :(

The yearly Jimbo leaving Tallahassee rumors are here. It's silly at this point. 

Well it's been a total disaster of a season but at least FSU's bowl streak lives on(assuming they beat UL-Monroe next week). Kicking the Gators' ass never gets old. :D

Great call by the announcers doing the Bama game. They predicted the jump pass right before it happened.

4 hours ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

@HokieStone, how many National Championships does VT have......? Yea, that's what I thought. Might as well said the pulled pulled a Hokie. You guys think your so much better, but your not. Your runts, in a w

Several things -

1) 31-24 -

2) It's "pulling a West Virginia" because you guys were the first undefeated team to roll into a game with a lousy Pitt team and come out with a loss.  In case you forgot -

3) You might want to concern yourself with the fact that Oklahoma dropped 45 points on your team's sorry ass - in the 1st half.  Hell of a hook and ladder (lateral?) play there at the end of the half.  At least Oklahoma's kicker got a chance to beat his personal best.

2 minutes ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

That would've been a HELL of a catch had the tip of the football hadn't touched the ground. This Iron Bowl has been great through 3 quarters. 

Has been a great game.

Archived