College Football 2017: Butch Jones' Locker

Ded As Ned

• 2 weeks later...

Off to a 3-0 gambling start thus far. I'm making a conscious effort to carefully track my picks and see if I notice any stupid biases that cost me.

Last night:

Ohio State -21

Oklahoma State -18

Central Florida -17

Tonight:

Wisconsin Over 40 Team points

BC/N Illinois Under 50 Total points

Washington -27.5

Football is back!  Great opening day so far, now watching the "GOAT" finale' but I'm not caught up.  UK picked up the win on the road at Southern Miss so I'm appeased, even though it wasn't pretty.  A win is a win is a win and all that. 

47 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Not sure I read the Michigan-Florida final box score right, but I could've swore it said-

Florida 27 carries for 11 yards, Geezus:blink:

They got beat by 16 points in a game in which they had two pick sixes. That is an incredibly difficult feat to accomplish.

On the flip side, not sure why these SEC schools just refuse to embrace modern offenses. If someone brought in a coach who was going to run an innovative spread attack, they could make real noise in that conference. Especially in the East.

13 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Francois carted off the field with a giant brace on his knees and Seminole fans begin the waiting game over the holiday weekend to see if their season is over or not.

He's been bad in basically every game they've played against a quality opponent. Hate to see the kid go down with an injury, but I don't think he's particularly good.

Also, Hurts is terrible. I know that's kind of par for the course for Alabama QBs, but that guy is a wide receiver. They have to have better options.

16 minutes ago, sperry said:

Also, Hurts is terrible. I know that's kind of par for the course for Alabama QBs, but that guy is a wide receiver. They have to have better options.

I really don't understand why Saban can't seem to land a quality four star pro style QB to hand off to the elephants in the back field and throw the occasional play action pass. :dunno: 

36 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I really don't understand why Saban can't seem to land a quality four star pro style QB to hand off to the elephants in the back field and throw the occasional play action pass. :dunno: 

Not sure if it's development or evaluation, but their quarterbacks have been shit. A.J. McCarran was the best of the bunch and even he was nothing special. The rest have been actively bad.

9 hours ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

Everyone laugh at Baylor.

It would be funnier if the new Liberty AD wasn't the scumbag that was at Baylor for all their sexual assault issues.  Also, living in Virginia, I am not a big fan of that fundamentalist institution.  Interestingly, they've been making some noise over the last few years and pouring money into their athletics - they're making no secret of their desire to become the "protestant Notre Dame".

That being said, it was a good day for teams from the Commonwealth.  Not only Liberty, but JMU crushed East Carolina, ODU won, as did that team from Charlottesville*.  I hope that trend continues tonight as the Hokies face a certain hive of scum and villainy.

Speaking of that team from Charlottesville, their former coach led Howard to a win over UNLV.  Howard was a 45 point underdog...largest point spread upset in the history of college football. 

17 hours ago, The Great Unwashed said:

Terps hold on for the win against UT! So glad college football is back.

Pouring one out for you Howdy.

It is going to be a very long year. I don't even know where to begin. I'll start by saying I watched a Texas high school football game on Friday night and both teams had better secondary and Quarterback play than UT did on Saturday... ugh...

Archived