NFL Divisional Playoffs: 3 games and Brady

Lord Lyman

What caused the last-second Kansas City fumble? The player seemed to be completely clear of everyone and just dropped the ball. Did he do it on purpose in an attempt to lure Pittsburgh into kicking a long field goal to Tyreek Hill? Or was it just a bizarre unforced drop?

31 minutes ago, Triskan said:

I would also add that he does it fairly routinely.  He has throws/plays on a regular basis that would be the play of the year for lesser QB's.  

Yeah and it's why it remains weird he fell to the 24th pick in the draft. At least we get to watch the guy taken 23 spots ahead of him work his own magic right now. He's the Aaron Rodgers of the 3 yard out. 

8 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

Yeah and it's why it remains weird he fell to the 24th pick in the draft. At least we get to watch the guy taken 23 spots ahead of him work his own magic right now. He's the Aaron Rodgers of the 3 yard out. 

All sarcasm aside and being a huge Rodgers homer I am happy how it all turned out but by that I also mean that I'm happy that things have turned out pretty solid for Alex Smith.  I think there's no doubt Rodgers was better, but Smith was a ton of fun to watch in college, was thrown to the wolves in a really shit situation for SF when he was drafted, stuck with it, and has been a fine QB for KC for a few years now.  And all of that while, contrary to Rodgers, being quite limited with his arm talent.  It's really a testament to his intangibles.  Hell, it's hard to think of a QB as successful as Smith with as limited arm talent.  

ETA:  And then Alex Smith goes deep as much as Alex Smith ever does as if to spite me and Kelce drops it.  

All I want from my quality NFL game is Le'Veon Bell 6 yard runs and tons of FGs so this is like heaven for me.

15 minutes ago, Triskan said:

All sarcasm aside and being a huge Rodgers homer I am happy how it all turned out but by that I also mean that I'm happy that things have turned out pretty solid for Alex Smith.  I think there's no doubt Rodgers was better, but Smith was a ton of fun to watch in college, was thrown to the wolves in a really shit situation for SF when he was drafted, stuck with it, and has been a fine QB for KC for a few years now.  And all of that while, contrary to Rodgers, being quite limited with his arm talent.  It's really a testament to his intangibles.  Hell, it's hard to think of a QB as successful as Smith with as limited arm talent.  

Chad Pennington would like a word. 

Manning from Denver doesn't count.  That was a very special situation (and I'm talking a career).  Chad Pennington is a great call though.  Almost certainly a weaker arm than Smith.

12 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Al Michaels with my favorite line of the night, saying it was like LB Harrison trying to spot a license plate on a passing car (on T. Hill flying past him) on a rush towards the outside. He's a fun player to watch ( Hill ).

Lol yeah that was good. Harrison stood no chance to make that play. Hill is too fast.

Archived