Wouldn't it better if Gregor humiliated Oberyn more?

Ser Meryn Frey

Helu

The death of Oberyn Nymeros Martell was hard to all of us. A good (well ... not bad, anyway) man seeking revenge for the brutal slaughter of his kin, was severely mutiliated and killed by a monster. All he wanted was justice for the rape and murder of his sister and her children.

I think it would have been even worse /better if the Mountain had humiliated Oberyn a bit more, before killing him. As seen with the horrible rape of that girl in the inn, ser Gregor is evil and enjoys humiliating and destroying people. THERE WILL BE NO RAPE DISCUSSION IN THIS THREAD. I ONLY BROUGHT THIS UP TO EMPHASIZE THE HORRIBLE EVIL IN THIS MAN.

To the point ... wouldn't it be even more terrific/terrible to read (and watch, if the series also did this) and more devastating, if the Mountain hade humiliated Oberyn more? Like ... making him crawl out of the arena/ring on all four like a beast ... or after knocking his teeth out, he could have poked out his eyes and blinding him (like he did in the show, only not killing him completely), to use him as a toy  ... or induce such immense pain that Oberyn would be begging for mercy, to the point of making him say that it was good to kill his sister. To have such a hard man destroyed and begging for mercy ... it would be extremely horrible to read and the shock factor would be ten times worse. It would be like having him scream that terrible scream in the series, only much worse and longer.

What do you think?

No, it wouldn't be better.

It was just the right amount of grotesque gory to make the scene impactful and showcase the horror that the Mountain is.

What you actually propose is that the Mountain and Ramsey should be identical simply because they're both monsters.

Notice that not every monster is a Ramsey style monster: the Mountain does not care to play games with his victims. The pain and horrior he inflicts are not done in order to "reekify" them, he doesn't find pleasure in "reshaping" them in a certain way (ie, feeling powerful through his ability to cause pain) - he does not seem to really care about that, he finds pleasure in their pain (always to fatality) in itself, just because.

To make the distinction more clear, Ramsey's purpose is to deprive his victims of their humanity, while Gregor does not assume humanity in the first place, his mentality is very close to the animal abuse type.

...but I'm not sure you really care about character development, anyway, in which case just ignore my answer.

1 hour ago, Ser Meryn Frey said:

Helu

The death of Oberyn Nymeros Martell was hard to all of us. A good (well ... not bad, anyway) man seeking revenge for the brutal slaughter of his kin, was severely mutiliated and killed by a monster. All he wanted was justice for the rape and murder of his sister and her children.

I think it would have been even worse /better if the Mountain had humiliated Oberyn a bit more, before killing him. As seen with the horrible rape of that girl in the inn, ser Gregor is evil and enjoys humiliating and destroying people. THERE WILL BE NO RAPE DISCUSSION IN THIS THREAD. I ONLY BROUGHT THIS UP TO EMPHASIZE THE HORRIBLE EVIL IN THIS MAN.

To the point ... wouldn't it be even more terrific/terrible to read (and watch, if the series also did this) and more devastating, if the Mountain hade humiliated Oberyn more? Like ... making him crawl out of the arena/ring on all four like a beast ... or after knocking his teeth out, he could have poked out his eyes and blinding him (like he did in the show, only not killing him completely), to use him as a toy  ... or induce such immense pain that Oberyn would be begging for mercy, to the point of making him say that it was good to kill his sister. To have such a hard man destroyed and begging for mercy ... it would be extremely horrible to read and the shock factor would be ten times worse. It would be like having him scream that terrible scream in the series, only much worse and longer.

What do you think?

I suspect there is something wrong with you. I read the previous incarnation of this thread, which was probably deleted, and for good reason.

You have some weird fantasies, that frankly, I find disturbing.

7 minutes ago, Free Northman Reborn said:

I suspect there is something wrong with you. I read the previous incarnation of this thread, which was probably deleted, and for good reason.

You have some weird fantasies, that frankly, I find disturbing.

Lol. I thought exactly the same thing when I read the OP.

but to answer the OP....no.

Archived